Favourite Cleansers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
What are your cleanser recommendations for using in your morning shower so not for make up removal and why?

I have all sorts of cleansers squirrelled away from TSV's so primarily interested in QVC brands as I'd like to use them up but interested in general too. For many years I've always had clinique step one in the shower and would go back to it but feel chances are there is something better for me now.

I love the Elemis balm. Second place goes to the cream cleansers by Decleor and Gatineau. I like the Elemis version in the neroli special they did but the usual one does not have a nice smell at all IMHO.

I always use a cloth to remove them.

I have yet to try the Decleor micellar oil, that is the next one up!

I like elemis balm and sometimes use that in the morning but you need time to apply and remember to do so before showing and have a cloth in the shower. Same with cleanse and polish and miscellar oil both of which I love but primarily use when I have makeup to remove. I think I really want a liquid cleanser for the shower preferably in a pump that just rinses off but I am interested in what others like as it may put me on to something I wouldn't have otherwise considered.

Actually just remembered I did love using Elemis tri enzyme when I have some in the shower so could get that again.

I liked the Emma Hardie Moringa foam or L'Occitane precious foam in the shower. Both have run out though so at present I am using L'Occitane Shea face soap in the shower. The Elemis balm with a cloth is also fine.

Cif lemon

:mysmilie_17: Nahhh Strato, cleanser on your face man. Honestly, are you like my OH that only uses carbolic soap? You could use one of those smiley scrubbers that were on the other day to make it a more pleasant experience.

I like decleor micellar water. But not for the cooker.

CC

I'm like you, DD - I only want a light rinse-off cleanser in the morning, to remove any night creams, serums, oils or whatever and 'overnight grime'. I use Cleanse & Polish most evenings to remove make-up and also like a lot of the other more thorough cleansers and balms mentioned above. But in the mornings, I either use a tiny blob of the same without a cloth, or a foaming one like Simple or other Boots purchase. I don't just get these because they are cheap but they are!

The best cleanser I've ever used, without a word of a lie, is the Collagen Re Enforce cleanser by Elizabeth Grant on Ideal World, you massage a small bit on your face, put a bit of water in your hand and splash it on the face and massage turning it into a lather, or leave it on for ten minutes as a face mask before you lather it, rinse it off with warm water, then pat your face dry with a towel, it honestly does leave your skin so soft and smooth, with no tightness, it's only £12.99 £1 p£p for two 200ml. I shouldn't be bragging about it really incase it sells out, I want to stock up.

The best cleanser I've ever used, without a word of a lie, is the Collagen Re Enforce cleanser by Elizabeth Grant on Ideal World, you massage a small bit on your face, put a bit of water in your hand and splash it on the face and massage turning it into a lather, or leave it on for ten minutes as a face mask before you lather it, rinse it off with warm water, then pat your face dry with a towel, it honestly does leave your skin so soft and smooth, with no tightness, it's only £12.99 £1 p£p for two 200ml. I shouldn't be bragging about it really incase it sells out, I want to stock up.

I used to watch Elizabeth Grant shows on shopping telly in the early 2000's when I lived in Canada. I never bought anything of hers but something about her I found fascinating. I think she really reminded me of those grand old ladies I knew in my childhood. Perhaps I'll buy some to try but Ideal World blew it with me after harassing me to join their club by phone immediately after my first ever purchase. I've never forgiven them and never bought anything else and have stuck exclusively to QVC ever since.

Akin rose & geranium cleanser, it's a creamy one but can be mixed with a little warm water for a light facial wash, no need for a cloth if not wearing make up.

I used to watch Elizabeth Grant shows on shopping telly in the early 2000's when I lived in Canada. I never bought anything of hers but something about her I found fascinating. I think she really reminded me of those grand old ladies I knew in my childhood. Perhaps I'll buy some to try but Ideal World blew it with me after harassing me to join their club by phone immediately after my first ever purchase. I've never forgiven them and never bought anything else and have stuck exclusively to QVC ever since.

I've never had that, never been pestered, but to be honest I'd just put the phone straight down on them anyway if they did. I would never let it put me off the bargains I've had there, obviously it's up to you who you prefer to shop with but since I closed my account with QVC a while back and just shopped on line with IW, I've saved quite a few bob. :mysmilie_14:

I've just purchased the Elizabeth Grant wonder effect cleanser after reading your comments on other threads Shopperholic as I've been curious about it for a while and thought this was a good dip into it to try. I've only had it 48 hours and already seeing a massive improvement, I have gone a bit crackers though and used it 5 times already. I will calm down.

I also use proper African Black soap, you have to be gentle with it as it is quite abrasive.

I've just purchased the Elizabeth Grant wonder effect cleanser after reading your comments on other threads Shopperholic as I've been curious about it for a while and thought this was a good dip into it to try. I've only had it 48 hours and already seeing a massive improvement, I have gone a bit crackers though and used it 5 times already. I will calm down.

I also use proper African Black soap, you have to be gentle with it as it is quite abrasive.

Yay! That's great, just shows you doesn't it that it doesn't have to be expensive to be good. I've used that cleanser too and love it, I love them all and at that price you can allow yourself to be generous, ah thanks for letting me know, I'm so pleased. :mysmilie_508::mysmilie_14:

Not a QVC one, Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser. I use the Dry & Sensitive version but there's one for normal/combination skin too. The big tube lasts forever.

Latest posts

Back