Favourite Cleansers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gar ire mycillar...however you spell it....water.
99p a bottle from savers, prefer it to my Elemis cleansing balm

Elemis Sensitive Wash.

I don't have that one. Is it a foaming wash that rinses away without a cloth?

It doesn't really foam as such, and it doesn't use SLS so definitely kind and gentle on your skin and not at all drying. I do use a cloth, but that's my preference - it's light enough not to need it.

I also use Apha-H balancing cleanser which is a little bit thicker so best with a cloth to remove it in my opinion.

I use a bunch of other stuff, but more from "use it up, don't waste it" rather than particularly liking it.

Evenings it's oils or balms or an oily cream cleanser.

I always use Elemis Sensitive Wash in the shower. As Maymorganlondon says it is light and non- drying and does rinse away easily without a cloth. It also comes in a pump and you can get a mini size for travel. I use other Elemis cleansers outside the shower but have been using the Sensitive Wash for ages and nothing else I have come across persuades me to change.

What no Liz Earle C&P? or is that because you remove with a cloth, but can be in the shower.I also use Alpha H balancing cleanser which I now like slightly better than C&P.I don't like foaming cleansers as I find my skin feel tight & dry with some of them.

I'm a cream cleanser and micellar water girl. I mainly use boots botanics or garner for micellar and then my fave cream cleansers are Premae or the Tony Moly (Korean brand) broccoli sprout cleansing cream.
The Pixi toner is amazing or I use the secretkey toners

What no Liz Earle C&P? or is that because you remove with a cloth, but can be in the shower.I also use Alpha H balancing cleanser which I now like slightly better than C&P.
The same goes for me: Cleanse & Polish, the Balancing Cleanser and additionally, if I want to, Emma Hardie's Moringa Balm.:) But to be honest, I think the day I will have used all my C&Ps I am going to stick to the Balancing Cleanser and a balm or oil, no matter which (Elemis is also waiting... :)). I really think the Balancing Cleanser is very good.

I also found No 7 quite good in terms of cleansing but still have to test their balm and cleansing oil, but so far I liked the Melting Gel Cleanser and the Hot Cloth Cleanser.

The best cleanser I've ever used, without a word of a lie, is the Collagen Re Enforce cleanser by Elizabeth Grant on Ideal World, you massage a small bit on your face, put a bit of water in your hand and splash it on the face and massage turning it into a lather, or leave it on for ten minutes as a face mask before you lather it, rinse it off with warm water, then pat your face dry with a towel, it honestly does leave your skin so soft and smooth, with no tightness, it's only £12.99 £1 p£p for two 200ml. I shouldn't be bragging about it really incase it sells out, I want to stock up.

I'll have to give that a try, I bought the large set of serums and moisturisers they were selling at Christmas for £59.99. That in itself was a great bargain. Love them :mysmilie_59:

At the moment I'm using Garnier Micellar Water in the mornings and Gatineau Cleanser & Toner in the evenings to remove all the slap.

At the mo I'm using a cleansing oil by L'Occitane which I bought in their outlet store in Florida for a couple of quid. It's very gentle on my 60 year old skin and leaves it feeling slightly moisturised.

I've decided cleansing oil is definitely for me so once this ones finished I'm going to try another brand.

Superdrug B Pure Micellar Oil. Emulsifies from oil to milk when water added. £6.99 for 150ml. Endorsed by Cruelty Free International.

Ovelle Intensive Aqueous Cream Plus. £3 for 250ml from ASDA pharmacy among other places.

(Sulfate free, parabens, colour and perfume free, dermatologically tested, and paediatrician approved.)

Superdrug B Pure Micellar Oil. Emulsifies from oil to milk when water added. £6.99 for 150ml. Endorsed by Cruelty Free International.

OOOh - I use their micellar water and I'm very happy with it, but I like cleansing oils as well, so must investigate this.

I love the Elemis sensitive cleansing wash, and it lasts so long, I use that in the morning and C&P at night, also like the elemis pro radiance one as well

I'll look out for this one Scout, as I am currently using the Decleor micellar oil that came in the last TSV, and I really like it.
Evenings, I am using Elemis Pro Collagen Cleansing Balm from an old TSV, and it is lovely, soothing stuff. I adore the smell of it!

I love Elemis Lime Blossom Balancing cleanser as it really works for me. Before Christmas I ran out and, as I had asked for some as a gift did not replace it. In the time that I was not using this cleanser my make up became patchy during the day because of the oil in my skin, something I never suffer with when using this. I use C&P at night.

Liz Earle cleanse & polish not in the shower as you take it off with cloth...skin looks better since using it!! :mysmilie_59:

Purity From Philosophy is great for taking off make up in the evenings and leaves my skin clean, soft and not stripped. I use an oil at night (AD skin synergy or Josie Maran) and then in the morning I will use plain water, or NSPA melting gel cleanser
/ no 7 cream cleanser / whatever is at hand. The only cleanser I truly disliked was the Phytominerals one from Judith Williams - just felt greasy and did not leave skin looking or feeling very clean.

L'Oreal Age Perfect Cleansing Wipes. Not as virtuous as everyone else on the forum ! :mysmilie_19:

Always had rubbish skin despite having a hugely indulgent mother who sent me to dermatologists and bought me the best brands since I was in my teens.

I finish off with Bravura Glycolic Treatment Gel.

At least I don't have wrinkles though !

I am loving the Body Shop's Camomile sumptuous cleansing butter. It's RRP is £13 for a tin of 90g but it when there's a 35 or 40 percent discount voucher around (quite often! I also stock up on their ginger shampoo at the same time..!) and it works out really economically because it's so rich, and is so solid (relatively speaking - it's more dense than some balms when it's cold) that you just take a small blob.
It's so rich and emollient but when removed, doesn't leave a residue (but does leave soft, not dry skin).
You put it on to dry skin, so I put a blob on to my face and start to massage in, then I get into the shower with it still on my face (allows it to penetrate a bit) before removing with my SBC shammy cloth (much gentler than muslins and I love the texture)..
It melts away make up too, if you are using it of an evening.
Will post a link after this...!

Latest posts

Back