Fashion with Peter Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He popped up this morning selling Anthea Turners coat hangers........I swear he thinks he deserves an Oscar for his performances ,in reality it's load of old ham.

And the Ocare for selling expensive man made diamonds goes toooo!..............

I am at home now and just clicked over. Mike is on with a chef and shovelling so much food in his mouth he couldn't speak. Great improvement actually, he should try that routine more often!

He makes me laugh! (at him not with him of course) his fake shock over something he's seen a thousand times before is absolutely hilarious! I cant stomach watching him for more than five seconds at any one given time.

:mysmilie_17: Muttley, yes, he's great entertainment value - providing you don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth. It's like the Palace of Varieties watching him....but I must say I still wait in eager anticipation for another Holy Land Stones jewellery hour. He totally surpasses himself (painful!) when he does that show, it's hysterical. I'm actually getting a bit anxious that they've come to the end of all the old cr&& - sorry jewellery - that they sell in this hour, as it's been a while now.

I have noticed that when he isn't on much, this forum is less active. It is usually him that starts us off again!

Anthea Turner's coat hangers? Gordon Bennett, what will that woman produce next, to try to keep herself in the public eye? She's tried cleaning products and marketing herself as some sort of "Cleaning Goddess" in the mode of that Kim woman, and heaven knows how many other "ventures". If ever there's such a thing as karma..... Speaking personally, I couldn't stand her, even in her heyday. But I have to say she couldn't wish for a better presenter to promote the products....sheer class, our Pope Pete (and now I'm off for my next course of treatment....)

He popped up this morning selling Anthea Turners coat hangers........I swear he thinks he deserves an Oscar for his performances ,in reality it's load of old ham.

Last edited:
When I heard they were selling Anthea Turner's coat hangers I just thought she was clearing out her wardrobe and was too la di da to go to the local car boot sale. Who sells coat hangers with their name on? If I need coat hangers I go to the little shop in my local high street and buy a pack of ten for £1.50. If I want proper wooden hangers for my coats I go John Lewis. Never thought of buying them on a shopping channel. Maybe Anthea Turner's name on them will change my mind. Probably not...

Face it, IW would be shite without the likes of Howie and The Pope to entertain us.

IW must be doing something right this week as my Vibropower arrived this morning. Couldn't resist the discount and 4 flexipay payment option! :mysmilie_14:

He makes me laugh! (at him not with him of course) his fake shock over something he's seen a thousand times before is absolutely hilarious! I cant stomach watching him for more than five seconds at any one given time.

You've got great stamina. I can only manage four seconds at any one given time. And I love the fake "shock" act too!

Face it, IW would be shite without the likes of Howie and The Pope to entertain us.

IW must be doing something right this week as my Vibropower arrived this morning. Couldn't resist the discount and 4 flexipay payment option! :mysmilie_14:

Was it PS orgasmic face when he's on it that sold it you?............don't answer that! :giggle:

It was the moans and my fantasising that I would look like him. :rock:

It was the moans and my fantasising that I would look like him. :rock:

:mysmilie_17: hysterical

The amount of ailments he supposedly suffers from when he does these shows, it's a wonder he makes it out of bed.

Incidentally, he reckons he's got one of these at 'ome' to help with his stiffness haha, so you'd think it'd be a breeze for him to present it, he should know it inside out, it's that easy to use. He got off it the other night and fiddled with the buttons to alter the speed. He got back on it, the guest (Ian, who you can tell he doesn't fancy :wink:) got off his machine and went to the Popes and told him he'd turned it off by mistake :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_17: hysterical

The amount of ailments he supposedly suffers from when he does these shows, it's a wonder he makes it out of bed.

Incidentally, he reckons he's got one of these at 'ome' to help with his stiffness haha, so you'd think it'd be a breeze for him to present it, he should know it inside out, it's that easy to use. He got off it the other night and fiddled with the buttons to alter the speed. He got back on it, the guest (Ian, who you can tell he doesn't fancy :wink:) got off his machine and went to the Popes and told him he'd turned it off by mistake :mysmilie_17:

Ha! Liars always get found out. PS stiff? there's not one single thing I can say to that that won't sound filthy! eh Betty? eh?

Muttley, Exactly. OK, I know Turner's ones are probably the padded fabric hangers which are often scented, but even the padded ones (unscented) are not that dear to buy in the shops, and many of the Pound shops round here sell really nice padded ones, or (as you've said) the plastic ones are very cheap and come in packs of 6 or 10. After all, you can always spray a bit of perfume or cologne on the padded ones yourself (or, in Pope Pete's case, he'd probably sprinkle toilet cleaner on them or his aftershave "Essence de Twithead", as marketed by 'Perfume Peter' Sherlock, ex Bid-Tv, ex-own shopping channel executive, ex-everything). By the time you factor in the "Anthea Turner name" price (which would personally put me off straight away, but that's just me), then you pay exorbitant p & p charges, you must be able to get the same thing much cheaper elsewhere. I find the whole saga of Anthea Turner really strange - she pops up regularly in one venture after another, then seems to disappear again. I guess IW or Q are the logical places for her to try - she's tried everywhere else.

When I heard they were selling Anthea Turner's coat hangers I just thought she was clearing out her wardrobe and was too la di da to go to the local car boot sale. Who sells coat hangers with their name on? If I need coat hangers I go to the little shop in my local high street and buy a pack of ten for £1.50. If I want proper wooden hangers for my coats I go John Lewis. Never thought of buying them on a shopping channel. Maybe Anthea Turner's name on them will change my mind. Probably not...

Muttley, Exactly. OK, I know Turner's ones are probably the padded fabric hangers which are often scented, but even the padded ones (unscented) are not that dear to buy in the shops, and many of the Pound shops round here sell really nice padded ones, or (as you've said) the plastic ones are very cheap and come in packs of 6 or 10. After all, you can always spray a bit of perfume or cologne on the padded ones yourself (or, in Pope Pete's case, he'd probably sprinkle toilet cleaner on them or his aftershave "Essence de Twithead", as marketed by 'Perfume Peter' Sherlock, ex Bid-Tv, ex-own shopping channel executive, ex-everything). By the time you factor in the "Anthea Turner name" price (which would personally put me off straight away, but that's just me), then you pay exorbitant p & p charges, you must be able to get the same thing much cheaper elsewhere. I find the whole saga of Anthea Turner really strange - she pops up regularly in one venture after another, then seems to disappear again. I guess IW or Q are the logical places for her to try - she's tried everywhere else.

I was never keen on her either. Always thought she was smug. Her name attached to household items wouldn't encourage me to buy.

I am praying you are joking. Otherwise you need therapy...

I'm already having weekly sessions as a result of a lifetime's devotion to the teachings and example set by the telly shopping guru that is Pope Pete.

I'm already having weekly sessions as a result of a lifetime's devotion to the teachings and example set by the telly shopping guru that is Pope Pete.

Good luck with your therapy. I have managed to avoid therapy myself by switching off the television when Pope Pete is on but my eyes are usually transfixed and I can't believe what he comes out with. I am starting a petition to bring back the Worry Angels!!

Latest posts

Back