fashion ? day

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Speaks volumes at the lack of fashion brands Q now have, when a lot of the shows are an amalgam of them all by 'stylists' telling us, the audience who only have 1 brain between us - how to dress up dress down, it goes with denim (WHAT is their obsession with sodding denim ???) These child stylists really need to stick to giving advice in the Teen Magazines, and leave us older viewer to work out what suits us; we have been doing it for years y'know !!!

A lot of QVC "fashion" are QVC own brands, and I honestly can't remember the last, or indeed the first, time I ever seen Join/Yong Kim or Quacker Factory on the runway at New York Fashion Week.

Oh and the only people that should ever be seen in double denim, are Texas truck drivers.

Take a look at the photos of London fashion week to see some of the monstrosities shown. If those doughalls of stylists say once "this look was all over LFW ......" whilst showing some polyester creation from M Hope, they say it a dozen times. Both equally crap but bearing absolutely no resemblance to each other.

How do they keep a straight face or are they so thick they believe their own spiel

Simon Wilson was talking some sense last night when he was talking about throw away fashion and how quickly things go " out of fashion" so people feel compelled to buy more.Says he tries not to get into that...

Even Chloe was joining in saying her top would be boring without one of Simons floral handbags. I thought oops aren't you wearing a Renee top......Say what you like about Chloe ,she is a bit of a loose canon on Q.

I didn't know that there was more than one fashion day, they are spoiling us . I thought MarlyWynne did show promise at the begining, now it is going the way of all the other brands... not only in cut and shape(lol) but in price too. I think I will be staying with the dreaded high street...

I was watching a bit last night & an ongoing pet peeve of mine is they seem to make stuff to look nice on the tall models. Most of the stuff that came down to the models mid-thigh or knees would be scraping the floor for many women.

Jilly (quack quack) H had on this garish pink top with one of those (very) uneven hems that exaggerated her stomach and the longest bit was below her knees... looked horrible (reminded me of one of those old-fashioned toilet-roll crochet holder thingies) lol. Why does she wear those pointy-pointy black shoes that exaggerate her flat feet??

They should make separate stuff for the models and scale it down for mass production. (Apologies if this point has been covered before).

Last edited:
I was watching a bit last night & an ongoing pet peeve of mine is they seem to make stuff to look nice on the tall models. Most of the stuff that came down to the models mid-thigh or knees would be scraping the floor for many women. Jilly (quack quack) H had on this garish pink top with one of those (very) uneven hems that exaggerated her stomach and the longest bit was below her knees... looked horrible (reminded me of one of those old-fashioned toilet-roll crochet holder thingies) lol. Why does she wear those pointy-pointy black shoes that exaggerate her flat feet??

They should make separate stuff for the models and scale it down for mass production. (Apologies if this point has been covered before).

I agree, and points to watch for are the sleeves - if the models strut the catwalk with sleeves pushed up to the elbow, then its a sure sign they are too long; and how many of us push sleeves up and they never stay there - always decided to roll down when washing up !

Trousers are another issue, these models are tall anyway, but even when wearing killer heels the hems are below ankle on them, so the rest of us wouldn't stand a chance. I'm 5'7 with an average leg length, but always buy the petite wherever I buy my trousers or they would cover my foot !

It amazes me that the TSV was so expensive (plus the P&P) and then, if you wanted the trousers to go with it, plus P&P, then the whole lot ends up being around £120! What about the rest of the show then - who is buying the volumes of these garments at those prices? Let's face it, none of us have ever seen them being worn when out and about, so where is it all going? It's a strange style too, everything has to have some sort of quirk, but not enough to distinguish one "name" from another. I can rarely tell what brand is on without having to wait for it to pop up on screen. On ITV's This Morning, they had three different outfits, all priced around the £25 mark, and stuff that I'd actually wear. I can never say that about QVC fashion, let alone afford it. Not going to think about Michelle Hope and her lace.

As most QVC fashion is polyester, I have to be careful. I overheat at the drop of a hat... They can say it's cool and light and breathable til they're blue in the face... I know it's not true for me!

As most QVC fashion is polyester, I have to be careful. I overheat at the drop of a hat... They can say it's cool and light and breathable til they're blue in the face... I know it's not true for me!

Polyester is a nightmare if you have heat problems and Q know it .

They always flag up when something made of a natural fibre by saying how cool it will keep you .
I made the mistake of buying a Coco Bianco top a few weeks ago .I think it was a OTO.i liked the colours,but OMG the cheap material .Talk about crimplene . A cheaper version. A very weird texture It would have caught on everything and been in shreds in no time. I didnt even try it on. It was returned.But I wonder how many will bother to return it ,it sold out. A nice earner for Q. Ive realised some of the OTOs are bad sellers .So although its cost me postage ,I returned it on principle.

Of course since it sold out ,it vanished from the web site so you cannot review it.

Last edited:
Me too. I much prefer natural fabrics winter and summer, and want to wear what I'm comfortable with. But until the Polyester Mountain diminishes, Q will keep flogging it and giving us the spiel. On the rare occasion that they do show something in cotton, they'll then tell us that unlike polyester, natural fabrics allow the skin to 'breathe' - you can bet your life they'll have all bases covered.

QUOTE=maymorganlondon;887130]As most QVC fashion is polyester, I have to be careful. I overheat at the drop of a hat... They can say it's cool and light and breathable til they're blue in the face... I know it's not true for me![/QUOTE]

Latest posts

Back