Eyebrow Alert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Are women (and some blokes) really happy when they emerge from a salon after having their eyebrows done ?

I only ask because looking at Margaret Dabbs all I see are eyebrows !! Surely that's not the intention ? Having the slug look doesnt seem to be subsiding, but I appreciate women who have sparse or nonexistent brows wanting help, but after seeing examples of some work carried out, I wouldn't have a beautician come anywhere near mine - I'll stick with my brow pencil.

Now just watching Deborah on Cozee Home, and again hers are different - very thin arches. All very subjective I know.

Are women (and some blokes) really happy when they emerge from a salon after having their eyebrows done ?

I only ask because looking at Margaret Dabbs all I see are eyebrows !! Surely that's not the intention ? Having the slug look doesnt seem to be subsiding, but I appreciate women who have sparse or nonexistent brows wanting help, but after seeing examples of some work carried out, I wouldn't have a beautician come anywhere near mine - I'll stick with my brow pencil.

Now just watching Deborah on Cozee Home, and again hers are different - very thin arches. All very subjective I know.

l
Eyebrows fascinate me - I’ve never plucked mine and am lucky that they have a natural shape.

I have my eyebrows threaded regularly and tinted, the salon I visit always seem to do a decent job imo, not too dark or too thick or thin but I think it's a fine line i really dont like the thick slug type ones, i thought eyebrows were meant to frame the face not drown it like black or dark brown caterpillars. The threading seems to get all the tiny hairs I would never get with tweezers and the tint lasts a few weeks and covers the pesky grey ones, that always seem to have a mind of their own!

I used to have quite thick eyebrows which I plucked into a reasonable shape. As I’ve got older they’ve become very sparse. If I don’t use eyebrow pencil I look as if I don’t have any eyebrows at all. I use a cool brown shade propelling one quite lightly as I really don’t like the slug eyebrow effect.

Eyebrows fascinate me - I’ve never plucked mine and am lucky that they have a natural shape.
Wow you’re so lucky!

But I don’t how you’ve resisted the temptation to pluck them?!

Mine never really needed it but I find it addictive…! And I’m also quite obsessive.

Do you not even ever have to pluck the odd hair from between your eyebrows?
The satisfaction of grabbing one is great!

But I was looking recently at photos of myself from the 90’s when I really over-plucked mine. Luckily they grew back in quite a bit as I’m not a fan of the pencil look, though I do wish they were a bit fuller still…

Wow you’re so lucky!

But I don’t how you’ve resisted the temptation to pluck them?!

Mine never really needed it but I find it addictive…! And I’m also quite obsessive.

Do you not even ever have to pluck the odd hair from between your eyebrows?
The satisfaction of grabbing one is great!

But I was looking recently at photos of myself from the 90’s when I really over-plucked mine. Luckily they grew back in quite a bit as I’m not a fan of the pencil look, though I do wish they were a bit fuller still…
I’m a coward and I don’t like pain - I watched my sister pluck her eyebrows and I couldn’t do it 🤣. I’ve never had much growth between the brows so I’m lucky

I'm now fairly happy with mine. My mum used to pluck her brows, ended up with virtually nothing and used an eye pencil.

So all my life I never touched mine, and they've never looked tidy. A few years ago I plucked up the courage to have them threaded, did that a few times but couldn't stand the pain, I've got sensitive eyes that water easily. Then someone told me to try waxing as any pain is over quicker.

Went to my local salon and it was fine. Then one day I couldn't get an urgent appointment so booked at Benefit Brow Bar. They are in loads of Boots in London, John Lewis and Selfridges. They were brilliant! (I swear I don't work for them, or have any friends or family working there either). They are not the cheapest - £18.50 but I love the results. I have so many stray hairs underneath that I struggle with plucking. Benefit take their time, around 20 minutes, they ask if you want a different shape, I just get a tidy up. Most of the staff are in their very early 20s but are all kind and patient, the service is consistent no matter where I go. And it doesn't hurt as much as my local salon, apparently the type of wax or the heat makes it less painful, something like that. And there is less redness when they have finished.

Never done all that tinting, I'm sure it would look stupid on me. I'm 57 and my brows have not diminished (and they're still fairly dark brown) which I'm pleased with. I don't think waxing makes a huge difference to my face, I wear glasses and have a fringe (but not as long as Davina McColl's!). But I can see they look tidy which is good enough for me.

I get my very sparse brows dyed and the dye also dyes the skin. I have had them microbladed- expensive and painful but does work.

I don't think the sharpie brows look good, but it's amazing how many women walk out of a salon with horrible brows they think look amazing. Brow blindness is definitely a thing 🤯

My eyebrows are "just there" if it makes sense, they're the same colour as my hair and I don't touch them. When I was a teenager I used to pluck the centre, but I've not had hair growing between my eyebrows since I stopped doing it and at the age of 17 or there abouts. They're not thick, they're not thin, I've no straggly ones, no fading so no problem! I guess I'd just use a simple eyebrow pencil if they started to fade.

Latest posts

Back