Emu's and Jeggings.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I much prefer the 'jeggings and Emus' look to the 'low rise jeans and grubby thong' we were forced to witness for what seemed like forever! I hope those who sported that particular trend are now suitably mortified. :nod:

I don't have Emus but I do have sheepskin boots. Mine are Kirkland sheepskin and so much cheaper. By the way my daughter had a pair of Emus from the Shrewsbury shop not long ago and they were just £57. High black ones with buckles. I don't particularly care what I wear with mine as long as they do their job and keep my feet warm and they do.

anyone who remembers leggings first time round will remember that a couple years later we were all looking back aghast at why most of us wore them because 99% of people look an absolute sight! i was stunned when they came back.

yes but leggings in the 80's didn't have elastane and were just basically cotton and sagged, I think they are very different now

I wear leggings and boots as I have dancers calves (even though I'm not a dancer!!) so can't tuck jeans into them.

Mind you, as I've said before, I like Quacker and Craig Rowe so what do I know *legs it before stuff is thrown or someone calls the fashion police*

For a minute there I thought I'd written something to upset you :sad:

The link was there to show that Stella McCartney was giving her take on the style.

My thoughts exactly. Wear what you like, feel good about yourself and don't give a toss what others think.

I'm quite new to Emus, got a pair from Amazon before Xmas for considerably less than QVC have been charging! Had to go one size up as recommended by some buyers.

Now my question to the sheepskin boot wearing ladies on here is......do you wear them bare footed or with socks, tights etc......
or may be even with silk stockings? :tongue: No matter how cold it is outside.

I always wear my Emu boots with tights although I'm aware that many others wear them barefoot. I have a pair of black ones and am aware that the black dye can come off on to your feet .

I often wear my Emu slippers barefoot , though . I've just been across the road in the sleet & snow in my Emu slippers to feed my neighbour's cats ! There was no slipping or sliding and both the slippers and I survived very comfortably !!

The whole ethos is to wear them barefooted, but only if they're natural sheepskin, and not the faux ones!

The belief is that as sheepskin is a natural product it keeps your feet warm (or cool depending on climate)

I can vouch that it works , as both a Reynauds sufferer ( and the owner of now teens of pairs of Uggs)

Reading through the posts for the past week, remarks on this site are incredible. I've learned that woman of a certain age should...wear a scarf to cover lined necks, wear sleeves, on no account should upper arms be displayed. Long hair, forget it, sign of clinging on to lost youth! Emu boots plus jeggings, shock, horror! Especially if you're receiving pension, but I have a cunning plan! Let's all wear a burka if we are approaching pension age and hide our shame. Let's face it physical perfection is unattainable at any age so why bother? Who on earth cares except for some members of this forum it seems.

P.S. Let's start a photo gallery of forum members. Let's put a face to the knockers. At 64 and failing in all of the above I'm up for it

Reading through the posts for the past week, remarks on this site are incredible. I've learned that woman of a certain age should...wear a scarf to cover lined necks, wear sleeves, on no account should upper arms be displayed. Long hair, forget it, sign of clinging on to lost youth! Emu boots plus jeggings, shock, horror! Especially if you're receiving pension, but I have a cunning plan! Let's all wear a burka if we are approaching pension age and hide our shame. Let's face it physical perfection is unattainable at any age so why bother? Who on earth cares except for some members of this forum it seems.

P.S. Let's start a photo gallery of forum members. Let's put a face to the knockers. At 64 and failing in all of the above I'm up for it

Quite agree. I love your username too.:rock:

yes but leggings in the 80's didn't have elastane and were just basically cotton and sagged, I think they are very different now

heheheeee...yes they did!! the 80's wasn't the dark ages. the 80s was the era of spandex and worn by all the hair bands, bon jovi etc. 80's leggings definitely had lycra in them. i had a pair of leopard skin ones from m&s, thought i was the bees knees. then someone told me i looked like rod stewart and that was it, never wore 'em again :sweat:

in the summer leggings sort of morphed into cycling shorts and they had lycra too. remember them? they were a fright on most people too. :grin:

i also just about remember stirrup pants or 'ski pants' as we called them. they weren't really leggings though. more stretchy trousers with stirrups.

gawd, can't we discuss anything on here without being accused of knocking.....:dull:

Latest posts

Back