Emu TSV 8/11/10

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ive been reading reviews on the net for these slippers, BL and they were nearly all great.. And the qvc price is a lot cheaper than I thought they'd be.. Will probably go for the pink, but want to see them on tv first, lol.. :bandit:

Are these slippers really worth this amount of money? Just had a quick check on eBay and Amazon and they are all over the QVC price. I like to throw my slippers in the wash as I hate the thought of smelly feet (not that I have that problem but I'd rather be safe than sorry!! :wink:) but you obviously can't do that with these.

Comments anyone?

I do this too but I would doubt you can wash these!!

I've worn mine for a year, haven't washed but did spray the outside with the same spray I use for my Uggs (either Clarkes or Woly) and they are surprisingly 'unsmelly' - if there is any such word! In the same period I had to wash my Fitflop billows, which don't have a sheepskin footbed (they came out fine and do have a sheepskin top) - have ordered two pairs of black as I am finding the sheepskin footbed looks sloightly grubby, but think they've lasted pretty well and would probably get another year out of them if needs be.

Hope this helps you decide!

I'm tempted to buy these although I keep telling myself it's a ridiculous amount of money to spend on slippers. I tend to have sweaty feet, however I've been wearing my uggs without socks for ages and my feet seem to stay sweat free in them. So tempted!

the slippers do look lovely but qvc price is not that great. i think it was when sam the emu presenter said they were selling for £70 that the phones "lit up" which is a bit over the top as no-one online is selling them for that.

i have generally got concerns over the fit of emus as they are too baggy and flop really badly, and the heel of mine are showing extensive wear within 3 weeks of wearing them.

i will sadly be returning them to amazon as this is not acceptable wear for boots of this price. shame as my old pair lasted 4 winters.

back to buying overpriced uggs that do have generally a better fit and neater around the ankle.:headbang:

I got 3 pairs of these,one for me,one for a friend and one for my mum
I have had emu slippers before, they are snug and hard wearing
I got grey for me and two pairs of chestnut

Julia keeps going on and on how the black were exclusive to QVC but a quick google search shows them at Freemans and another site in black...

Slightly off topic here but does anyone have any ideas as to how I can "de-whiff" my OH's Emus? He stole my Emu Bronte's which are the merino wool ones not sheepskin. He has really cold feet and he uses them as slippers in the winter.

They really pong after a while so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:happy:

I've worn mine for a year, haven't washed but did spray the outside with the same spray I use for my Uggs (either Clarkes or Woly) and they are surprisingly 'unsmelly' - if there is any such word! In the same period I had to wash my Fitflop billows, which don't have a sheepskin footbed (they came out fine and do have a sheepskin top) - have ordered two pairs of black as I am finding the sheepskin footbed looks sloightly grubby, but think they've lasted pretty well and would probably get another year out of them if needs be.

Hope this helps you decide!

Thanks so much for that.
My Billows are ok but my Fitflop Goghs that I have worn as slippers are in need of something to freshen them :whew:
Can I be cheeky asking did you put your Billows in the washer and how did you dry them please ?

:bear:

sheepskin is washable but its the drying. the merino are wool lined suede and not sheepskin so not sure about washing these. fabreeze and some fresh air and wear with socks might help.

I personally can't justify spending £100+ on a pair of boots for myself, but having heard/read good reviews about the Emu brand I decided to take the plunge and ordered a black pair of the TSV.

As I've now got cream carpets, it's boots/shoes off and slippers on when I get back from work and I decided I deserved something more designer than the £5 pair of slippers I've got at the moment. I'm glad I ordered them before I went to bed though, because the black had sold out when I got up. I just hope they live up to my expectations. :wink:

I love my emu's and bought my first pair,years back from a catalogue - where they were about the price of today's TSV plus postage!!

I think QVC have given the viewers a poor showing today - very little choice - not many easy pays and hardly any "anniversary" prices - or "anniversary" perks as some shows have such as free postage.

I did like the TSV today,but don't tend to wear slippers,so at this time of the year,I couldn't really part with the cash.However the TSV isn't exclusive to QVC,so if I did change my mind after the reviews,I can!!!

I did order the stingers last year when they were a TSV.The black dye came off everywhere so I hope that doesn't happen to your cream carpets Toril.I sent them back as my exsisting Emu's don't have that problem - so fingers crossed,you'll be ok:flower:

I did order the stingers last year when they were a TSV.The black dye came off everywhere so I hope that doesn't happen to your cream carpets Toril.I sent them back as my exsisting Emu's don't have that problem - so fingers crossed,you'll be ok:flower:

I hope the dye doesn't come off either or QVC will be getting more than returned goods ..... they'll be getting a bill for new carpets. :eek: Hopefully my slippers will be like your existing Emu's and dye fast. If they're not, rest assured I'll be starting a thread about it. :devil:

I too have used Natureshop, superb serice and arrival within 10 days from Oz. I bought the Hi Stinger when they were on offer for £60 with FREE P&P :clapping:
I waterproofed them myself using a spray from Ugg and haven't had a problem in the wet.
Last night I had a bad fall and cut my knees as well as a lovely big swelling on each one, the knees were ripped on my jeans but my Emu's, not a mark. What quality. I do not think my Uggs would have stood up so well. (IMHO)

Can I ask how does this work with customs? As we are not allowed to import anything over £18 or risk the wrath of the customs charge. Thanks

Hi

I bought some Emu stingers on sale last year from Amazon and I notice that the label says they're made in China. I thought Emus were made in Australia, so am thinking now that I've ended up with some knock-offs. :doh: Or, are they now being made in China?

Does anyone know please? Many thanks.

Did anyone get the Emu Stinger Hi featured 8pm last night on QVC with free P&P ?
During the sell I heard Jilly quickly refer to the sheepskin in the Emu boots being waterproof and Sam made no comment about the item in question.:wink:
As this item no was the 2009 version I'd be interested to know if they come with the new waterproof tags ?

:wonder:

Hi

I bought some Emu stingers on sale last year from Amazon and I notice that the label says they're made in China. I thought Emus were made in Australia, so am thinking now that I've ended up with some knock-offs. :doh: Or, are they now being made in China?

Does anyone know please? Many thanks.

Yes they are made in China. Uggs are also made in China too. Strangely if fake they don't say China.

Latest posts

Back