Emma Hardie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just had a look at my account and paid £44 last year for the 200ml balm, but don't think I got cloths with it, I daren't buy this again as I still have a couple of small ones put by :mysmilie_50:

Glad it wasn't just me. I cut my hand on one of them and I'm treating the present one like gold dust because of the price and the delicate packaging. It looks robust but I think they need to go back to the drawing board with that one!

Ani I bought 2 of the old 200ml tubs when it was beauty product of the month. The edges of the lids were sharp and neither of them cracked. None of the old tall 100ml tubs cracked either. The most recent 200ml tub with the curved edged lid cracked straight away all the way across. I have never had a 50ml tub.

I wrote to Emma on Facebook when my tsv lid cracked she said at the time they have addressed the issue and won't happen again . Also sent me out a complimentary gift of 200 ml body butter rrp £39.99 so always good to complain .

I had a look when in SpaceNK yesterday(they sell her range), new boxes gold not the old blue ones. The 100mls still have the cracked lid shape, in fact the tester pot had a big crack on the lid.

I just removed the cracked top, washed off the gold on the inner lid that was coming off anyway and it now has a "simple" clean look (white) that I like, however, this lid is kind of bendy and feels cheapish to the touch, but it wasn't meant to be used as a proper lid in first place.

Ani I bought 2 of the old 200ml tubs when it was beauty product of the month. The edges of the lids were sharp and neither of them cracked. None of the old tall 100ml tubs cracked either. The most recent 200ml tub with the curved edged lid cracked straight away all the way across. I have never had a 50ml tub.

My tub has curved edges (the golden lid has, in fact).:-(

I don't know if I should buy the 200ml tub then. Well, maybe Emma says something concerning the cracking?

I am very tempted to try Emma's Moringa cleansing balm.

After 32 years of using Clinique day and night, my face reacted to my cleanser (a cream one). I always used the soap but have given up as just about everyone I speak to says that it will eventually damage my skin. I tried the rinse off foaming cleanser because I like to cleanse with water and a cloth, I feel cleaner that way and it left a film residue kind of sensation . Then I tried Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk. But! I have looked like a pizza since Friday after the milk. So, I am now back to the soap until I get settled with a new one and I don't want to introduce anything new to my skin until my reaction goes away. Clinique had been great regarding a refund and a free mild facial soap, so I can't fault their customer service.

I am rambling on I know but I wanted to ask if the Emma Hardie is gentle? As I am a Clinique devotee I am disappointed but these things do happen. I still use the other Clinique stuff, mild toner, eye cream and moisturiser. it is just the cleanser that has failed me!

Any help would be very much appreciated, Emma or any other brands you can suggest. Thanks in advance,

Inge :)

I am a bit like you I love soap. did not know this until I started using creamy cleansers and balms. hate the tackynes and the top end stuff is loaded with ingredients that irritate me.

I am very tempted to try Emma's Moringa cleansing balm.

After 32 years of using Clinique day and night, my face reacted to my cleanser (a cream one). I always used the soap but have given up as just about everyone I speak to says that it will eventually damage my skin. I tried the rinse off foaming cleanser because I like to cleanse with water and a cloth, I feel cleaner that way and it left a film residue kind of sensation . Then I tried Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk. But! I have looked like a pizza since Friday after the milk. So, I am now back to the soap until I get settled with a new one and I don't want to introduce anything new to my skin until my reaction goes away. Clinique had been great regarding a refund and a free mild facial soap, so I can't fault their customer service.

I am rambling on I know but I wanted to ask if the Emma Hardie is gentle? As I am a Clinique devotee I am disappointed but these things do happen. I still use the other Clinique stuff, mild toner, eye cream and moisturiser. it is just the cleanser that has failed me!

Any help would be very much appreciated, Emma or any other brands you can suggest. Thanks in advance,

Inge :)

Clinique do a Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. I haven't tried it but it looks a quite mild formula (no essential oils etc.). I would be enclined to give that a try first over the EH one if your skin has been playing up. It seems to have developed somewhat of a cult following lately after getting the Caroline Hirons stamp of approval. I agree regarding the Clinique Foaming cleanser it is vile stuff - strips everything off your skin. It left me really parched and red.

I am now in 2 minds about buying another pot of Emma Hardie balm after buying the Elemis TSV yesterday I think I would rather get my moneys worth out if that first and delay buying a new pot until I actually need one. Got a small AD synergy cleansing balm and that was really lovely too.

Thanks Weathergirl, you know, I have never seen their balm. I am just on autopilot and grab my regular bits and bobs without really looking! I will give the balm a go when my skin has recovered. Thanks again for your advice.

Inge x

Latest posts

Back