Emma Hardie TSV 16th May

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well DD bought me a solid pot of the Palmers cocoa butter
I have been warming a bit in my hands applying, massaging and then washing off with a muslin cloth and do you know what?

It's biddy brilliant, my parched skin loves it :)

Ooh liking the sound of this! I have parched skin on my legs and they only respond to the thick butters. Didn't know they did a solid one. Thanks :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I bought the moringa balm and wouldn't be without it now. I use it as a facial cleanser, a face mask and on my hair. The only problem I found with it was that, as advised by EH , I used it over the eyes. Doing so irritated my eyes, so now I avoid them. The scent is sublime. Not having to pay the £5.95 p+p sweetened the pot a bit and made it better vfm.

Well DD bought me a solid pot of the Palmers cocoa butter
I have been warming a bit in my hands applying, massaging and then washing off with a muslin cloth and do you know what?

It's biddy brilliant, my parched skin loves it :)

You could try using a microfibre cloth instead of the muslin. I'm using a microfibre hair turban that I bought ages ago at the moment. I reckon that any microfibre cloth would work. I find that the microfibre cloth cleans the blackheads. I'm only using the cloth three times a week as I have a very fragile skin.

From the book of Face...

Emma Hardie Amazing Face
Tip of the week...

Why do we need serum?

Serums provide extra benefits to the skin as they can penetrate deeper into the skin’s layers. Most serums contain active ingredients and the formulas enable the ingredients to absorb more efficiently which helps your other skincare products to work more effectively. Serums are particularly good for people who suffer from various skin conditions such a...s dry skin, acne or ageing skin.

Moisturisers have larger molecules than serums and so they are unable to penetrate the skin as deep. Serums act as a booster to moisturisers. The combination of a serum and a moisturiser can help to target skin conditions such as dryness, stress and acne.

Older skin types also benefit from using both as serums are great for hydrating and providing the skin with extra vitamins, I see it like taking vitamin supplements - even though you get vitamins from your food - your skin often needs an extra boost.

Call me cynical (or dull) but why don't they just make moisturisers with smaller molecules? :wonder: Problem solved! Oh no, but then they would have lost out on a sale/chance to exploit, silly me :doh:

Last edited:
Just bumping this. Is it still way to early for hints on the TSV. Impatient, QVC credit waiting to be spent, so holding on to it because of this....

Thank you SCW! Any chance this is a "choice of " TSV that you get the lighter lotion in oily/combination but say, an AM PM cream in Normal to dry? Seems odd if not. Any idea of size of pot of night cream? Guessing Moringa balm is 100ml?

Undecided whether to buy as yet, depends on price I guess. I already have loads of Moringa balm, and I love the AM PM cream and want to try the night cream.

Thank you SCW! Any chance this is a "choice of " TSV that you get the lighter lotion in oily/combination but say, an AM PM cream in Normal to dry? Seems odd if not. Any idea of size of pot of night cream? Guessing Moringa balm is 100ml?

Undecided whether to buy as yet, depends on price I guess. I already have loads of Moringa balm, and I love the AM PM cream and want to try the night cream.

from those pics i have no idea but i dont feel its a choice but i dont have a clue

no different really to the 3 piece set i bought in December. so won't be buying. shame coz i love her products

If the price is right I will be going for this I think. I am finding my frugal/sensible option of the Aldi night cream is too heavy for me :-( and I do love Emma's products. Hoping there will be a couple of her cloths in there too :)

Capirossi did you ever get hold of the Palmers solid pot?

I have mine with me here in Florida and its great I'm using it as a cleanser a la Eve Lom or Emma Hardy and also rubbing it into dry areas as a moisturiser absolute bargain, I paid £3.75 for it in Boots

Capirossi did you ever get hold of the Palmers solid pot?

I have mine with me here in Florida and its great I'm using it as a cleanser a la Eve Lom or Emma Hardy and also rubbing it into dry areas as a moisturiser absolute bargain, I paid £3.75 for it in Boots

Oooh no, I completely forgot about that! I'll add it to my shopping list and have a look in Boots next time I'm in town. Thanks for the reminder! I like the multi-tasking aspect, EH is a bit too expensive to be using all over.

I could open a bl**dy Boots store myself with all my toiletries :blush: but I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

Is this the one? http://www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Original-Solid-Formula-100g_9953/ (forgive me if you have already posted, losing my mind at the mo!)

What's the texture like before it melts? Is it as firm as the L'Occitane shea butter (if you've tried it)? Or is it a bit softer like the moringa balm? I'm going to read back on this thread now so I will probably answer myself, haha!!

Last edited:
@JabbaTheHut-will you be f.a.r.t.s.' foreign correspondent and tell us how Q stateside compares? Enjoy your time there, my memory is of nasty jellyfish stings at Longboat Key. @Capirossi-thanks for the pictures of your 4-foots, I'm wrinkling up my nose at 'em, "luvly, they are!" I hope all, incl.OH, are pampering you wicked girl! x

@Capirossi

... are pampering you wicked COMMA girl ... Gosh, look what can happen if you forget a (,) ~ I am blushing-in -mortification and shutting down the mobile, as I am gibbering now, slinking away too!

Pmsl!!! I did have a moment thinking why does Snarly think I am wicked?!! That's so funny, made my night!!! ;)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Oooh no, I completely forgot about that! I'll add it to my shopping list and have a look in Boots next time I'm in town. Thanks for the reminder! I like the multi-tasking aspect, EH is a bit too expensive to be using all over.

I could open a bl**dy Boots store myself with all my toiletries :blush: but I'm sure I'm not the only one!!

Is this the one? http://www.boots.com/en/Palmers-Cocoa-Butter-Formula-Original-Solid-Formula-100g_9953/ (forgive me if you have already posted, losing my mind at the mo!)

What's the texture like before it melts? Is it as firm as the L'Occitane shea butter (if you've tried it)? Or is it a bit softer like the moringa balm? I'm going to read back on this thread now so I will probably answer myself, haha!!

Yes that's the one!

The texture is quite solid at first, I'd say it's slightly firmer than the L'Occitane Shea butter , do try and feed back Capirossi, the pot is surprisingly big too :)

having been seduced by 15 years of alison young telling us the evils of pretroleum i am convinced that she was wrong and am slowly but surely buying as much pretroleum based products that i can get my hands on. kinder to my pocket and oddly better for my skin!

Latest posts

Back