embarrassing moments on qvc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's awful probably the sleepless nights she gets from her treatment for cancer......respect

JF nearly having a heart attack when she tasted something that had white wine vinager in it cos she does not drink alchol.

[h=1]embarrassing moments on qvc[/h]
What a great thread, well remembered funny times. I can never watch cringeworthy tv, I feel embarrassed for whoever it is that is being OTT, I can never watch any smarmy individuals or bragging show offs, or the "woe is me type" like Rob Lock.....

For me it has to be Alison coming on air at the midnight launch hour of that fake-tanning product called SUN looking like an Oompa Loompa. It was her most comedic appearance ever. I think she may have applied 2 coats or something and it continued to develop during the two-hour launch show. Talk about being Tangoed! I'm surprised they flogged any that day, even the brand guest was non too impressed.

Poor Ali didn't have much luck with that brand as it was while demoing it on another occasion, that she slipped on the fallen spray and injured her wrist live on air. They had to cut away to video. That was definitely not funny and was horrible to watch.

There have been a few times when the telephone callers have been some lonely person of more advanced years wanting to chat longer than QVC have time for, and watching the presenters cringeworthily trying to gracefully end the call but the caller does not get the message!

"Well it's been LOVELY talking to you, Enid. Take care and enjoy your Peony flahs!"

Oh I will. I can put them on my mantelpiece besides my gallstones that I keep in a jar alongside my tin of thrupenny bits, not to mention a false teeth jar that looks like a candle! I bought it from you when you were doing that Taboo Health hour!"

We must move on now Enid. Maybe give us a call and let us know how you like your flahs.

Oh I know they will be fine dear. One of my friends at the Bowling Club got them off you last year.,,,,

What about the T-caller who rang in when it was 'Mr Silicone' and Simon B and said "My late mother loved Lock & Lock so much we have put her ashes in one" - They were speechless :giggle:

The T-Caller who rang in to a Tova show to tell her she had just bought her 'Tova Nights' perfume. Tova then went on and on about how the man in her life would be swooning and not be able to keep his hands off her, there are 7 Tova Nights babies now blah blah......T-Caller replied "My husband passed away last week and I'm buying this to cheer myself up" :confused:

I recall Tova then saying something along the lines of 'well, when you're ready this will come in handy to entice a new man' but that could just be my (evil) imagination :cool:

I find Jill Franks really cringeworthy - the Rudyard Kipling comment was a classic, then she is always getting her brands mixed up "Welcome to Nails Inc, now sold in 200 countries around the world!" (no, Jill that's OPI) and "Bobbi Brown, another great British brand" (erm, don't think so Jill) and everytime she says something she thinks is funny she repeats it about 3 times!!!!!! :headbang:

And who could forget Alison Young in that Claire Balding wig!!!??? :mysmilie_466:

Last edited:
What about the T-caller who rang in when it was 'Mr Silicone' and Simon B and said "My late mother loved Lock & Lock so much we have put her ashes in one" - They were speechless :giggle:

The T-Caller who rang in to a Tova show to tell her she had just bought her 'Tova Nights' perfume. Tova then went on and on about how the man in her life would be swooning and not be able to keep his hands off her, there are 7 Tova Nights babies now blah blah......T-Caller replied "My husband passed away last week and I'm buying this to cheer myself up" :confused:

I recall Tova then saying something along the lines of 'well, when you're ready this will come in handy to entice a new man' but that could just be my (evil) imagination :cool:

I find Jill Franks really cringeworthy - the Rudyard Kipling comment was a classic, then she is always getting her brands mixed up "Welcome to Nails Inc, now sold in 200 countries around the world!" (no, Jill that's OPI) and "Bobbi Brown, another great British brand" (erm, don't think so Jill) and everytime she says something she thinks is funny she repeats it about 3 times!!!!!! :headbang:

And what about Alison Young in that Claire Balding wig!!!??? :mysmilie_466:

What was Jill Franks' Rudyard Kipling comment please? I missed it

Oh I forgot Mally!!! Telling us she had been for a dump in the break and asking Alison if she'd had sex the previous night :eek:

All time favorite moment of mine is the vacuum demo that went wrong with charlie and the lady with the brown hair cant remember her name . Followed by Nick alsbury breaking the plasma TV :giggle:

I thought that episode abpot the vaccum so funny :giggle:
I remember that one time the chef took out what was supposed to be pipping hot , him using oven gloves, and the dish was cold....that showed how much they lie.

She said that Rudyard Kipling of course travelled the world and this gave him the idea to design the first Kipling bag!

That is a classic. Jill really needs to engage her brain before opening her mouth.

Something that isn't embarrassing but always makes me laugh is when American guests refer to the reverse of something as the backside. Someone should have a word

I cringe every time JF is on TV with her saying" we have a good laugh every time we are together" to the guest or when she says" I love him/her dearly" o when she says" eveyone knows I am a pinky girl" or " I love, love, love" this to almost everything or when she flings herself on the male guests, but the worst moment was when she was creeping up Lulu G's backside and trying to give her a hug and Lulu looking frozen to the ground!!

i thought it was embaressing when somebody tweeted in during Kipling hour and asked JR...where does she get her bags for her eyes from.....cringeworthy ......x

That's awful - quite spiteful. I was watching a Veronese show a while ago with Ginetta and Julia. Ginetta said hadn't it been funny the last time they did a show because someone had tweeted in saying Julia looked 60. Such a nasty thing to say, and Ginetta went down in my estimation for bringing it up again. Julia shrugged it off with a laugh but I felt for her - I'd be mortified if that happened to me

Last edited:
That's awful - quite spiteful. I was watching a Veronese show a while ago with Ginetta and Julia. Ginetta said hadn't it been funny the last time they did a show because someone had tweeted in saying Julia looked 60. Such a nasty thing to say, and Ginetta went down in my estimation for bringing it up again. Julia shrugged it off with a laugh but I felt for her - I'd be mortified if that happened to me

Julia is suffering from leukaemia isn't she poor woman could do without such comments with the battle she is going through comments like that are the last thing you need x

I heard one April fools day someone glued Charlie's ring box shut so he couldn't do the slow reveal.

yes i totally agree ..below the belt...people show themselves up ...no compassion ..i just dont understnd this mentality at all...none of know whats around the corner ...:mad:

I remember a T-caller in a TSV hour being as p*ssed as the proverbial newt, I think it was Julian B on.

Latest posts

Back