Elemis TSV on Sunday 20th November 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think it's a very good price if you're going to use all the products. But I can't quite believe how much the hand cream costs. I haven't gone for this TSV, first time in years I haven't bought the Christmas TSV.

Not for me either.
I've never been fond of these multi-product offers because I know there will be items that I will either not get on with or I won't be enamoured with. Fine if you love the range & all the products on offer. A bargain! Even better if you plan to use the wash bag as an evening bag :tongue:

Elemis sensitive face wash didn't suit and put me off the range. Probably unfair to paint the whole range with the same brush, but it's a bit too expensive to experiment with & I don't want to go through the rigmarole of P&P & returns. I'll stick with Aldi’s Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum which I keep coming back to time & again.

Not for me either.
I've never been fond of these multi-product offers because I know there will be items that I will either not get on with or I won't be enamoured with. Fine if you love the range & all the products on offer. A bargain! Even better if you plan to use the wash bag as an evening bag :tongue:

Elemis sensitive face wash didn't suit and put me off the range. Probably unfair to paint the whole range with the same brush, but it's a bit too expensive to experiment with & I don't want to go through the rigmarole of P&P & returns. I'll stick with Aldi’s Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum which I keep coming back to time & again.

Oooh, Minim. Is the Aldi Serum any good? I need a new one and keep chopping and changing. I have nearly finished the boots Time Delay one, which is ok, but not spectacular. I am going to town later and might get the Aldi one. I have heard some other good reports on it.

Found this very easy to resist. Don't use much elemis these days - think Keeley and all her mumbo jumbo has turned me off the range :hi:

Oooh, Minim. Is the Aldi Serum any good? I need a new one and keep chopping and changing. I have nearly finished the boots Time Delay one, which is ok, but not spectacular. I am going to town later and might get the Aldi one. I have heard some other good reports on it.

We are all different, but I think it is the fabbiest thing I've ever used!
There are two serums. I use the pink one 'Aldi Lacura Multi-Intensive Anti-Ageing Serum'
It's had good reviews too:

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/beauty/8224312/10-beauty

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Anti-Wrinkle-Aldi-s-Lacura-Multi-Intensive-Serum-Is-Best-141148.shtml

http://artdonatella.blogspot.com/2011/04/aldis-lacura-multi-intensive-serum.html

I didn't intentionally stop using it, I just ran out & in the meantime my daughter had sent for Garnier UltraLift for me to try. I felt I should use it as she made that lovely gesture. I quite liked that, but following my allergic reaction to something (?) I chucked out everything I was using & this was the first thing I bought.

I'm going to buy the gel version - 'Aldi Lacura Multi-Intensive Serum' (blue/green bottle)- for both my daughters.
http://bangbangsmackouch.blogspot.com/2011/06/as-i-mentioned-couple-of-posts-back.html

Last edited:
I got the impression from what AY said at midnight that it had been done in order to try and avoid the phone jams and website going down.

The website is causing a lot of problems for many so I think you are right. Not sure if its just me but I got a new Samsung V+ box this week and QActive is a nightmare on it. So if others have problems then it will be the phones in meltdown. Seems the sold 41,000 by breakfast.

The Smashbox TSV was up for sale early evening Thursday as well.

I bought 4. I plan to keep the PCMCs only for myself and sell the rest on Ebay to make my money back. I frequently do this with beauty TSVs - basically sell all the items I don't want and recover the total cost of the TSV so the bits I keep are either free or almost free.

I am just about to cave in and buy the TSV
The last 2 years I have bought 2 of the elemis christmas TSV's but dont think this one is as good as previous years and not that great for splitting up as gifts
but since I use Pro collagen marine cream it is worth going for and I can try the new bath product.
I think if they hadnt sent me a sample of the hand cream I would have ordered it at midnight because I think the "pungent" smell is putting me off.
Would have rather had a hand wash in the tsv than the monoi melt.

I'm on the verge of caving in! I was so determined not to, but I too weak to resist. I've bought all my Christmas presents so it'll have to be a present to myself :cheeky:

STUPID Keeley has just said the PCMC will last you 2 months and that you'll want to repurchase,but it will cost you £10 more.

What she didn't say was that in 2 months time you will still have to make another 2 payments if you went for easy pay :angry:

I'm not buying it as I really don't like any of the red products! The smells are not nice (to me anyway). It's the frag stuff that's the worst! Can you imagine how many will be on eBay!!

I'm on the verge of caving in! I was so determined not to, but I too weak to resist. I've bought all my Christmas presents so it'll have to be a present to myself :cheeky:

Go for it Petpixie if you've done your Christmas shopping you deserve a prezzie for yourself!
I won't be going for this not because I don't like Elemis but if you use several products as I have in the past it becomes so expensive when you re-stock.I don't think I can really improve that much on my skin ( I know that sounds trez smug & bigheaded but I am mid 60's with few lines but a bit of 'le sag', which only surgery would improve)I have a Clarisonic & am thinking of going back to Liz Earle.I dug out some off the Superskin oil which I had in my stack the other day & it has really moisturised my ( dare I say, tongue in cheek ;perfect skin'!!!!)

Hadn't looked at this in detail in here as I knew MrM wouldn't be ordering them this year as we've just been away. Saw the presentation this morning and can't believe it has more of the Frangipani in it (and full size as well). I am literally drowning in this stuff from the last TSV (because MrM bought me multiples of the kit). He asked if this one was good value and I said I suppose it is but I don't want anymore bath stuff or hand cream for that matter! How times of changed! I used to agree to him purchasing anything from QVC for me but not anymore. Would rather buy my PCMC as and when I need it rather than stockpiling it with a load of stuff I just don't want/need. Have been down the Ebaying route before as well and to be honest don't have the time or energy to list items or trawl myself down to the Post Office to send them off.

I'm not buying it as I really don't like any of the red products! The smells are not nice (to me anyway). It's the frag stuff that's the worst! Can you imagine how many will be on eBay!!

Personally I tend to shy away from any product I've not already tried on eBay that has been "part of a set" even when the seller states they've got too much of what they are flogging.
I think, "What's wrong with it? Why didn't you want to keep it?"
Cynical me huh!

Last edited:
The red range is oriental and the body cream is lovely, but you need to like that style of fragrance. I love the blue bath elixir the best. I always give away the monoi oil usually a 15ml size. But a full size one, hell no way.

I love the monoi melt go throigh gallons of it. I decante some into a little pot and use it throughout the day as a nail balm, run itvthrough my hait once a week as a treatment use before and after a bath aboit once a fortnight and I must be one of the few who likes the smell.
Up intil a month or so ago I used Elemis skincare but have swapped to a real salon brand ( only available in salons not on line) so I have some PCMC and cleansers that I really need to put on ebay. i bought one of the TSV with the intention of ebayimg the skincare and keeping the bath and body stuff, I also liked the sample of handcream. If there ate bargain monoi melts to be had On ebay I may stock up:cheeky:

Having spent the last few months using up the stockpile of this that and the other I've bought over the years I've realised that kits can be good value but only if you use the stuff. Or you sell what you don't want.

I'm not going for this because I still have one untapped monoi and I'm still using up two part used Elemis cleansers and I love PCMC but I bought two of the 100 ml sizes when they were on offer and on easy pay.

The sample handcream was quite nice but I don't think it beats L'Occitane or my favourite Clarins.

Latest posts

Back