Elemis TSV 26/07/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmmmmm .... at what age do we become an 'old lady' ???

At 30, we think 60 is old, and 80 is positively ancient
At 60 we think 60 is the new 50
At 70 anyone over 85 is old
At 85 we just hope to reach 86
Anything after that who cares !

I am still undecided, I really like the bag but it doesn't look as good on QVCs picture as it did
On Keeleys picture and I am sure there will be loads on eBay for sale!
I have tried a sample of the rich at night and like it but need PCMC as I only have the large 25th Anniversary pot
And need a small one for travelling
I don't use papaya enzyme
Will probably be persuaded on Sunday
Might be worth a try, I can always send it back can't I ��

On Facebook there are lots of postings saying the bodylotion sample smells nice. I am ready for a surprise! :)

Smell is a very personal thing. I don't like fruity or citrus, cannot stand L'Occitane's Cherryblossom or Peony. Yet others love them we are all different, life would be so boring if we all liked the same things.

I am still undecided, I really like the bag but it doesn't look as good on QVCs picture as it did
On Keeleys picture and I am sure there will be loads on eBay for sale!
I have tried a sample of the rich at night and like it but need PCMC as I only have the large 25th Anniversary pot
And need a small one for travelling
I don't use papaya enzyme
Will probably be persuaded on Sunday
Might be worth a try, I can always send it back can't I ��

No doubt be loads on ebay but the prices some people charge are silly.
I have seen Mally face defenders on there today for £87 :cheeky: Who the hell pays these prices?

Okay, so the TSV is released very early and easy up and working. QVC have it titled as Special Price not TSV(we all know this is the TSV and the price is correct), so this surely must be a first for them. Yes, they will send out emails to announce Buy The TSV Early. I get these quite a lot for products I have never bought and have no interest in.

We on ST have got the heads up about a TVS going live early, but usually QVC will close it down pretty quickly when too many jump to buy. Not this time, its all over Facebook, BTY, QVC official page, Keeley's page. People are rushing to buy now, hey I was one of them.

So I am thinking are QVC making sure this TSV sells out? Or is this a new marketing push for them? Will other TSVs go like this too?

No doubt the big push with Elemis is because they are nervous. There have been a lot of surprisingly unsuccessful TSVs (being frantically pushed right up to the midnight hour)... remember Molton Brown???

I would guess that the order they will have put in for Elemis will be on the large size - maybe upwards of 20,000 units and that's a lot of money to have sitting in your warehouse, taking up a lot of valuable premium space in the fast-moving part of the warehouse (as opposed to those backwater areas where the fossilised remains of brands that are no more exist). I would further theorise that stuff which is no longer a TSV gets moved out of the fast-moving part of the warehouse the further away from TSV day they get, so they have the space for the newer TSVs coming in... I'm basing that on the relative speed with which we receive TSV orders compared with general stock item orders - which suggests they have a fast-pick and pack area for TSVs.

I would also expect their approach to be influenced by the fact that they have probably not only fixed the prices but also the quantities they are getting for the September and Christmas TSVs - and we are already aware that in excess of 100,000 units is the likely volume for the Christmas TSV (though the September one is likely to be similar volume to the July TSV).

So yes - I'd say QVC are absolutely determined to ensure they get a sellout by any means possible.
Will they do this for other TSVs? Probably not unless it was another mega-seller like a L'Occitane TSV.

No doubt the big push with Elemis is because they are nervous. There have been a lot of surprisingly unsuccessful TSVs (being frantically pushed right up to the midnight hour)... remember Molton Brown???

I would guess that the order they will have put in for Elemis will be on the large size - maybe upwards of 20,000 units and that's a lot of money to have sitting in your warehouse, taking up a lot of valuable premium space in the fast-moving part of the warehouse (as opposed to those backwater areas where the fossilised remains of brands that are no more exist). I would further theorise that stuff which is no longer a TSV gets moved out of the fast-moving part of the warehouse the further away from TSV day they get, so they have the space for the newer TSVs coming in... I'm basing that on the relative speed with which we receive TSV orders compared with general stock item orders - which suggests they have a fast-pick and pack area for TSVs.

I would also expect their approach to be influenced by the fact that they have probably not only fixed the prices but also the quantities they are getting for the September and Christmas TSVs - and we are already aware that in excess of 100,000 units is the likely volume for the Christmas TSV (though the September one is likely to be similar volume to the July TSV).

So yes - I'd say QVC are absolutely determined to ensure they get a sellout by any means possible.
Will they do this for other TSVs? Probably not unless it was another mega-seller like a L'Occitane TSV.

I believe the Gatineau TSV did not sell out either.

Actually think they have far more than 20.000 for this TSV. Remember other Elemis TSVs have come back for months on easy pay and intro prices, long after the official TSV day. The running joke about the Christmas one still being available in March was one.

After tonight's shower & using the last of the sample, I have decided not to get this TSV. Saved myself a fair bit of money now, because if there isn't a full bnb in the Laura Geller TSV, I'm not getting that either.

I used the rest of the awful-smelling sample on my feet. I think it's the patchouli/lavender combination that I really don't like. I was expecting it to smell like a meadow! Shame.

Latest posts

Back