Elemis TSV 13/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've got at least 2 pro radiance cleansers unused from other 'collections'. Has anyone else had trouble with the cap on this container ? the damned thing wont stay in place, its just 'sits' on the rim, so now I've dumped it. Poor design.

The micellar water comes in the TSV together with the cleansing balm, I wonder how that will slot into a cleansing "routine".... Anyway, I would love to have the duo of the cleansing balm, seems that they are not old packaging as one could think from the picture....but I better wait for the TSV as I would like to try the rich PCMC.

i have the Decleor Cleansing oil, which, i think, they then later rebranded micellar oil,
and i will be replacing it with Una Brennan Vit C oil cleanser from Boots, for £12 and often in offer
when finished
I have the cleansing oil from No 7, but not tried it yet. Nearly every company has a cleansing oil or an oil-based cleanser, it seems. Soooo many choices, just one face...;-)

They seem to be mentioning 'double cleansing' (or have I not noticed this before?)Have been doing this for about the last 50 years, that's why I go through so many products!

Not elemis but I use my micellar water then my cream/oil cleanser then my toner in my routine.
As for the double/triple cleansing it is very common in korean beauty buut less so in western beauty but qvc us is getting more kbeauty so wondering if uk will start incorporating it too.

Last edited:
They keep showing a promo with Noella, I don't know her age but I'm guessing late 50s, her skin doesn't look that great to me. I do use bits and bobs from Elemis and like them, but when the founder's skin doesn't inspire, then I don't really want to try every new product they churn out.

They keep showing a promo with Noella, I don't know her age but I'm guessing late 50s, her skin doesn't look that great to me. I do use bits and bobs from Elemis and like them, but when the founder's skin doesn't inspire, then I don't really want to try every new product they churn out.

Or if they've had lots of work done...

snap, was thinking the same
if she is using her own stuff,
her skin might not have liked all the parabens and MI and other chemicals, cheap fillers and irritants
they put in there

on a related note
i am a little older than A Young and J Franks
but would neither like the formers turkey neck nor the latters wrinkles
with them having access to the most expensive potions and lotions
it does not seem to have done them too much good
i guess trying new products all the time is not too good for the skin either
but anyhoo
if the resident beauty expert can't manage to look a little more youthfull for her age herself
with the most expensive stuff at her disposal
i am not going to take any bliddy notice of any gushing claims she makes about any product
unless she comes on one day without turkey neck and can prove it wasn't surgery (or egg white)

I can understand a double cleanse if you have a face full of makeup and especially with waterproof mascara, sun blocks and heavy duty eye makeup or lip stains etc but surely to goodness too much cleansing is as bad as too little ? It must strip the skin and upset the natural balance.
Of course in the eyes of the skincare brands, double cleansing means twice as many sales of twice as many products and that`s quids in for them.
Personally I think less is more, a good cleanse yes, but skin overload no.
Cleansing oils have been around forever, long before foaming agents were invented and Elemis certainly aren`t bringing anything new to the beauty scene.
Here`s a cleansing oil, available in different options for different skin types, paraben and mineral oil free and handmade to order, not to mention suitable for vegans and its been around for years.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cleansing...-100ml-/251555407380?var=&hash=item8029ee5ef9

I do a double cleanse if I have been wearing make up that day, but then follow it up with an over night oil, either Josie Maran Argan oil, or my beloved AD Skin Synergy. In the morning I will just rinse my face with plain water, and use a light moisturiser. Seems to work well for my skin. I agree that over cleansing the skin can be drying and upset the skins natural balance.

They are making a big thing of the oil based cleanser including for the eyes but any oil based eye make up remover I have used plays havoc with my eyes. I think you have to be careful with oil. I've never tried any Elemis but just interested in what they are selling.

I find the same, and balms work much better for me than oils even though they have oily ingredients too. The Clinique cleansing balm is fantastic.

Shock,horror,I don't cleanse my face in the morning,just use eyebright to refresh and a sweep of Pixi glow tonic,night time is different as I need to remove makeup,so it's miceller water first followed by whatever cleanser I have on the go at the time.

My beauty therapist has told me to stop all the over activity on my skin. No double cleansing exfoliation only when I get a facial and stop layering serum moisturiser etc. Her view is that your skin gets lazy and you need to do more and more. She also explained that your skin is an organ and you would not keep stripping your liver kidney etc.

Since October I've stuck to cleanse, tone moisturise, eye cream. Saved a fortune and my skin is in great shape.
Stopped TSVs and saved just short of £400.

I cleanse my face until it's completely clean, however many times that takes. Since I was about 14 I have never cleansed less than twice and I repeat however many times necessary until the muslin cloth, cotton pad or whatever I'm using comes away spotless. I've never once in my life gone to sleep without doing this, and it pays off. I'm now 62 and can honestly say I've only ever had three spots in my life, and recently I was told by two pharmacy assistants who've known me for some years that they've always thought I was in my early to mid-forties.

Does anyone know, since I can't find anything in the QVC details, if the bag comes with each auto delivery drop. The last Elemis auto delivery I signed up for only sent out the items, not the bag, in each of the subsequent drops. Thanks in advance!

This has been asked on the qvcuk item and there are 2 differing answers! One says no, bag won't be included in future drops, and the other says yes! Hopefully qvcuk will confirm what it is.

Today I got my You beauty box with the Elemis products. I have tried the cleansing oil and like the citrus smell. It is less over-powering than the balm but the oil was thicker than I thought. It did leave my skin nice and soft.

Of the other things in the box, does anyone rate the Japanese Camellia oil? Unlike the frangipani, it hardly has any smell. However, this is a good thing as the little smell it does have is horrible.

Latest posts

Back