Elemis TSV 13/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd say, from bitter experience, you definitely need a second cleans if wearing sunscreen. Result of skipping out on this, in my case, was pizza-face zit city :mysmilie_51: My own fault for being lazy... I've taken more care to scrupulously remove all spf before bedtime since.

That's been my experience too. I have some health conditions that cause me to sleep excessively and frequently fall asleep long before bedtime. Half the time I don't make it to bed and am asleep on the couch all night. No one can wake me up no matter what they do; shouting, pulling my hair, throwing water over me... I don't even stir. If I fall asleep with sunscreen still on my skin, or indeed most make-up, my skin goes berserk with spots.
If anyone's interested, the one thing I've found this doesn't happen with is Bareminerals. If I sleep with their foundations on my skin's fine. Obviously I don't exactly deliberately leave it on, of course not, and I'm wearing make-up less these days to try and avoid that happening, but it's still happened enough for me to know this.

That's been my experience too. I have some health conditions that cause me to sleep excessively and frequently fall asleep long before bedtime. Half the time I don't make it to bed and am asleep on the couch all night. No one can wake me up no matter what they do; shouting, pulling my hair, throwing water over me... I don't even stir. If I fall asleep with sunscreen still on my skin, or indeed most make-up, my skin goes berserk with spots.
If anyone's interested, the one thing I've found this doesn't happen with is Bareminerals. If I sleep with their foundations on my skin's fine. Obviously I don't exactly deliberately leave it on, of course not, and I'm wearing make-up less these days to try and avoid that happening, but it's still happened enough for me to know this.

Might be a good idea to do what Donna does and do the cleansing immediately you get home and you're not planning on going out again, if you need to you can then do a second cleanse before going to bed, but you'll be sure you've removed the likely culprits for spots. I always plan on cleansing as soon as I get in, but it can vary from 6.30 to 10pm... and in the latter case I'm most likely to roll into bed.

My worst thing is normally just sunscreen for spots. I have a real issue with mascara, as if even a trace is on my eyelids feel bruised the next day. I learned early on that I had to avoid waterproof mascara, as I find it extremely difficult to get off without rubbing (hence my interest in tubing mascaras).

TSV is on Auto Delivery

Photo attached

Attachments

• elemis.jpg
    elemis.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 799
The price could be seen on one of the photos from the Beauty Bash.:)

By the way, concerning the April TSV, apparently the cream will be a night cream, according to Keeley on Facebook (in the comment section). Is there a PCMC night cream?

Yes, double cleanse all the way. I am using Algnist Facial the green tube(got a half size in a set in the sales), it does take off my eye makeup as well. Then out comes the Elemis Sensitive Wash, three times a week I use the Clarisonic with the second cleanse.

So now expect the whining on the QVC Facebook page about no easy pay.

The price could be seen on one of the photos from the Beauty Bash.:)

By the way, concerning the April TSV, apparently the cream will be a night cream, according to Keeley on Facebook (in the comment section). Is there a PCMC night cream?

Just saw on Facebook: It will be the Pro-Collagen night cream in the April TSV.

The Cleansing Oil is out there for sale on its own. My local Debenhams Elemis counter had it, but no samples as yet.

I have a trial size I got from Elemis for order over £30 - not sure about it as it's quite runny and don't think it works as well as Pro Radiance cleanser. I don't really need Pro Definition (yet!!) although I am coming up to 52 so who knows what the future might hold lol!! Will prob give this one a miss, especially if it's going to be £70 as is being suggested elsewhere!!

I am also coming up to 52 and have had a try of it as have got a small one in a boxed set with the cleansing wash and toner, it's okay but am not that thrilled with it that it would make me go for the tsv. I would not want to use it in the evening to take make up off and the grime of the day as prefer a cream cleanser or the balm for that, and could use it in the morning but prefer the sensitive cleansing wash. Think I will give the tsv a miss as don't really need any of the other products, as am working through my stockpile!

I have never heard of Pro Definition. I do like PCMC day and night creams but how does this differ? To put it in terms I might understand, does it compare to Gatineau's Defilift for slackness? I do not think any cream can really lift wobbly jaw lines etc.

Elemis seem to be going through a bit of a revamp at the moment. Tri enzyme and pro intense getting renamed, all new look and PCMC has a new formulation. Bit concerned about the last one, apparently it is part of the 'Elemis promise' to remove all "nasties" from the products, the texture of PCMC has definitely changed and Elemis confirmed on Twitter that it has been reformulated. Not overly happy, they have supposedly removed ingredients but just wondering what they have added instead, I have very reactive skin and PCMC has been a godsend for me, won't be happy if the new formulation changes this.Quite like the new, modern packaging, the website is saying "New packaging, same product you love" but that is not strictly true as PCMC is different however no mention of this ? Why change a winning formula :( :(

Well as I said before it has rose in it so I am wary of it. Usually when Elemis or other brands repackage the prices go up. I remember the days when Elemis had moisturisers for £23 a tube!!! When they decided to repackage and then PCMC etc came out and the older stuff just disappeared.

I have never heard of Pro Definition. I do like PCMC day and night creams but how does this differ? To put it in terms I might understand, does it compare to Gatineau's Defilift for slackness? I do not think any cream can really lift wobbly jaw lines etc.

Pro-Definition is the new name for "Pro-Intense".:)

I asked about the reformulations at the Elemis counter, an area manager was there that day.
pcmc has had the parabens removed, and cleansers and toners have had MI removed. She said the products have been 'cleaned up' and this is part of the Elemis promise.

Latest posts

Back