Elemis Supersize Serenity Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crikey, all your regimes put me to shame. 😳

I use micellar water morning and at night and that’s all I do to cleanse my skin, barring the occasional use of Gatineau’s radiance enhancing gommage. I have no blocked pores on my face or nose so I guess micellar water works for me. However, I don’t wear liquid foundation so that might make the difference. I apply Ultrasun and then a hyaluronic serum in the morning and then a light dusting of balance and brighten if I’m going out. At night I use Nip+Fab vitamin c serum and that’s my regime in a nutshell. 😉
I get so confused about what order to apply products. I thought serum should be applied first, allow to sink in and then SPF? And then moisturiser if required? I'vejsut bought some Nip n Fab vit C and was going to apply it in morning - is this wrong? Should Vit C be applied at night??? Help!

You will get different answers depending on the brand. I have always put SPF on top of moisturizer and then foundation.

I was given a sample of a very expensive brand of SPF which you applied first before anything else. Not only that, but I never actually used it, as remembering to put it on and then wait before applying the rest of my skin care first thing in the morning not happening.

I always though that the suncream went on first to bind on the skin
I think that’s from what I heard correct for the first 15 minutes.
Though there may have been an exception on one something or another but unless you have that one product doubt it matters. 🤔

I never use sunscreen except on holidays and I was under the impression it was the last thing you applied to your face, I’ve started using oil now over my moisturiser and it works for me.😊

I use a brand called Ultra Violette, which an Australian brand.

This is their instructions.

Every damn day, even when you’re staying indoors (seriously we mean it. UVA rays pass through clouds and windows)! Apply generously as the final step in your skincare routine, right after, or instead of your moisturiser and before your makeup.

I always though that the suncream went on first to bind on the skin
That’s my thinking too

I use a brand called Ultra Violette, which an Australian brand.

This is their instructions.

Every damn day, even when you’re staying indoors (seriously we mean it. UVA rays pass through clouds and windows)! Apply generously as the final step in your skincare routine, right after, or instead of your moisturiser and before your makeup.
I think you just have to follow each brand’s instructions

My vitamins D levels are always low and I supplement every day it's that bad. I dont wear sun screen unless I am going abroad to a really hot place now

I get so confused about what order to apply products. I thought serum should be applied first, allow to sink in and then SPF? And then moisturiser if required? I'vejsut bought some Nip n Fab vit C and was going to apply it in morning - is this wrong? Should Vit C be applied at night??? Help!
A good rule of thumb is thinnest to thickest texture, and start with water based products before oil based products.
In terms of SPF, I don't put makeup on so my ultrasun goes on first. I don't apply a separate moisturiser. If I did apply moisturiser it would go on around 10 mins before SPF, or until moisturiser has sunk in...whichever is faster.

I use Frezyderm SPF 50+, it is a greek company. It feels really light and silky like a primer, so I put it on after my moisturiser but before make-up. I find it does actually give the same results as a good primer as a base for foundation and it doesn't clog my pores either. Must take a look at Donna's brand, I don't like the feelng of Ultrasun, plus Cleeve does my head in with her schoolmistress sales patter!

I’m still deliberating about this supersize balm… anyone else liking it? Is it very different to the original? After my Emma Hardie balm issue, I really don’t want to waste any more money!

I didn't mind it, I like all the balms I have used from Elemis, ie neroli, the original, and the rose but whilst the watermint balm is pleasant to use, the scent wasn't really my cup of tea, a bit too like Davidoff ' s cool water perfume for me, but a lot of people love it, wish they would bring neroli back

Elemis have 30% off with code Spring30

I didn't mind it, I like all the balms I have used from Elemis, ie neroli, the original, and the rose but whilst the watermint balm is pleasant to use, the scent wasn't really my cup of tea, a bit too like Davidoff ' s cool water perfume for me, but a lot of people love it, wish they would bring neroli back
Thanks for that.
I do have a lot of C&P to use up so shouldn’t even be contemplating buying this, but it seems a good price.

Latest posts

Back