Elemis Christmas TSV 12/11/23

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She also said that each set is worth over £200. This would be the price if ordering from Elemis directly, I believe. But what rational person would think it "worth" that exorbitant price? When presenters say things like this, I can't help but despise them.
Exactly! Who would honestly pay £29 for that shower product, that you have to fight to get out of the bottle?! And the fragrances aren’t that great…
I think people are getting sucked in because of the 5 easy pays and free postage.

Exactly! Who would honestly pay £29 for that shower product, that you have to fight to get out of the bottle?! And the fragrances aren’t that great…
I think people are getting sucked in because of the 5 easy pays and free postage.
Definitely not me, that's for sure. I'd never pay full price (£25.00) for a bottle of the much better quality Molton Brown so Elemis have no chance getting any of my hard earned.

She also said that each set is worth over £200. This would be the price if ordering from Elemis directly, I believe. But what rational person would think it "worth" that exorbitant price? When presenters say things like this, I can't help but despise them.
I often wonder about that word - worth. Is it a fiction? What is anything worth and who decides? If it costs 50p to make and someone will pay £20 for it does that make it worth it? Or will it enhance our lives in such a way that it’s worth it? It’s like inflation, at some point it won’t be worth it and people will stop buying.

I used to know very well some people who worked in SpaceNK. CH used to come and do events at the store, packed to the rafters. They said she is paid to push brands and allegedly told some new brands if they did not go with her their brands work fail.
Yeah there’s something not right about her and that blond hair. 😂😂😂

So I bought the Christmas TSV. I love the body products and the fig fragrance is great. Having said that, I only bought 1 set. In the past I used to buy 3 to 4. The products I think are the standard Christmas selection and while I am not disappointed with them, the bit that does disappoint me is the pricing. To me this is a normal TSV price. For years the Christmas TSV has been promoted as a thank you to customers and hence why it's been at a lower price point. Last years was valued at £245 (which is £263 worth based on current prices), yet this years is valued at £215. Yet the purchase price has gone up again. Last years was £59.95 plus £3.95 (total £63.90) and then buy more save more of £5 per additional set. This years is £65.95, no P&P and no save more buy more. I get that Elemis and QVC think people won't do the calculations, and probably most won't, but I feel quite annoyed that the set is valued at £215 and costs £65.95. No matter how many sets I buy that price doesn't change. Hence me just buying the one this year. And if it hadn't had the fig option I would have bought none. Yet last years was valued at £245 and the most a set cost was £63.90. Any subsequent sets would have been reduced by £5 and depending on the option bought a possible reduction in P&P. I am sure this well sell well as people are looking at the value vs price, but to long term Elemis and QVC customers I think most will be disappointed. No doubt the presenters will say in their opinion this is the best value Christmas TSV that QVC has ever had despite that no being the case at all.

I also question the thought that goes into the TSVs, Beauty picks and supersizes of the month and Big deals. I love the fig cleansing balm so I bought 2 this month. So not including my current stash I now have 450g of cleansing balm. The next big deal on the 11th December, contains the rose balm, 50g I assume. I appreciate it's a different fragrance than what's available this month, but still, how many cleansing balms do we really need. Then we have an Elemis supersize of the month in December (Midnight facial), and then in the February 2024 TSV we have the rose balm again, 50g I assume. The set options are great but why have so many in such a short period of time, especially in the months before Christmas while people are struggling so much financially. I just wonder the logic in not spacing them out more during the year. I am sure there are lots of people that love Elemis but now feel like they are being priced out of using the products.

This is my first time posting, so apologies if I have messed anything up.

Attachments

• 20231108_151756.jpg
    20231108_151756.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 20231108_163439.jpg
    20231108_163439.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 185
  • 20231108_163445.jpg
    20231108_163445.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 183
Wonder how much the midnight facial will be?
Never tried that , I’m tempted.

So I bought the Christmas TSV. I love the body products and the fig fragrance is great. Having said that, I only bought 1 set. In the past I used to buy 3 to 4. The products I think are the standard Christmas selection and while I am not disappointed with them, the bit that does disappoint me is the pricing. To me this is a normal TSV price. For years the Christmas TSV has been promoted as a thank you to customers and hence why it's been at a lower price point. Last years was valued at £245 (which is £263 worth based on current prices), yet this years is valued at £215. Yet the purchase price has gone up again. Last years was £59.95 plus £3.95 (total £63.90) and then buy more save more of £5 per additional set. This years is £65.95, no P&P and no save more buy more. I get that Elemis and QVC think people won't do the calculations, and probably most won't, but I feel quite annoyed that the set is valued at £215 and costs £65.95. No matter how many sets I buy that price doesn't change. Hence me just buying the one this year. And if it hadn't had the fig option I would have bought none. Yet last years was valued at £245 and the most a set cost was £63.90. Any subsequent sets would have been reduced by £5 and depending on the option bought a possible reduction in P&P. I am sure this well sell well as people are looking at the value vs price, but to long term Elemis and QVC customers I think most will be disappointed. No doubt the presenters will say in their opinion this is the best value Christmas TSV that QVC has ever had despite that no being the case at all.

I also question the thought that goes into the TSVs, Beauty picks and supersizes of the month and Big deals. I love the fig cleansing balm so I bought 2 this month. So not including my current stash I now have 450g of cleansing balm. The next big deal on the 11th December, contains the rose balm, 50g I assume. I appreciate it's a different fragrance than what's available this month, but still, how many cleansing balms do we really need. Then we have an Elemis supersize of the month in December (Midnight facial), and then in the February 2024 TSV we have the rose balm again, 50g I assume. The set options are great but why have so many in such a short period of time, especially in the months before Christmas while people are struggling so much financially. I just wonder the logic in not spacing them out more during the year. I am sure there are lots of people that love Elemis but now feel like they are being priced out of using the products.

elemis is the biggest selling brand on Q & what Q do is if something is selling they will bring it on more & more & thats what we are getting

I totally agree regarding the pricing…. and 5 easy-pays doesn’t make up for the higher price, although it seems to be encouraging people to buy more judging from the Facebook comments… I thought it was a really boring TSV. I would never spend £29 on a shower gel, and then have to fight to get the product out of the bottle… and the other items would just go into my stash cupboard. Plus Elemis can’t escape the old stock drama…. I’m very wary of buying anything I won’t use within 6 months.

Thanks for sharing the upcoming offers…. I am slightly tempted by the midnight facial but will see the price….

I am not keen on midnight facial. Does nothing much for my skin and don't like the sherbety smell of it. Tempted by the rose big deal though 🤔
Love the Aldi rose cleansing balm…love the boots collagen serum so definitely not going for the rose deal.
And I really do like the LE night cream so may pass in the midnight facial

Just been reading the reviews of the TSV…. A lot of them are saying it’s boring, although one person has bought 6… I think it’s the same person who always jumps in when shelf life is mentioned. Says she has a room full because she can’t help herself and products are years old and it’s never hurt her… Silly moo! More money than sense.
But certainly the TSV is not getting so many glowing reviews….

Latest posts

Back