Elemis - 03/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And six quid p&p when so many of their on-line competitors have free postage! Had it not been for that I would have been tempted myself.

Keeley's mane must take some up-keep. Alison's hair reminds me a little of an early Dusty (as seen lastnight on BBC 4)

And six quid p&p when so many of their on-line competitors have free postage! Had it not been for that I would have been tempted myself.

Keeley's mane must take some up-keep. Alison's hair reminds me a little of an early Dusty (as seen lastnight on BBC 4)

Springfield, that is - not Bin!

Im in a similar position to you, are you concerned that the time you get to it it will have gone off? What exactly happens to it outside the 'use by' period does anyone know?
Depends how they are stored DJ. If in a dark drawer or similar away from heat, (i.e., radiators), or sunlight they should be ok after the use by date, just do a patch test prior to using. Jeez I've used some that are wayyyy & I mean wayyyyy past that date & they've been fine. PCMC looses some of it's scent, even b4 the 2 years unopened suggested storage time but it's been ok to use still. I always smell the item & if it smells waxy or gone off then obviously chuck it.

Thanks Nikki everything is stored in a cupboard away from direct heat so should be ok although like you I have noticed a loss of scent sometimes. But I'm interested to know what 'gone off' means - I know you don't mean loss of potency as you'd expect that with some natural ingredients used, but what else?

Hmmm interesting point, but I wonder how potent is potent? As potent as Q presenters & their guests tell us & we want to believe? I just remember reading articles by respected dermatologists who conclude that moisturisation is the key, everything else is a load of old piffile that people can pay £100's for. I think that so long as you're skin is sufficiently moisturised and the product agrees with your skin that's the main thing by far. So I don't worry too much about the potency DJ. I just try to avoid products that are too greasy as that can have sagging effects as has started to emerge in plastic surgery clinics now but actually do the job, (keep my skin nice & soft) ;) x.

Have to say, serums for me are a must now. They last for ages & I've seen a difference. I went to Transform for micro dermabrasion several years ago. When I went back a few months ago to have it again, (just have the 1 cleanse when my skin's looking a bit dull, usually 2-3 years apart, it's just a deep pore cleanse really), they compared a close-up pic of my skin compared to several years ago. The improvement was clearly visible. I put that down to serums. They asked me what I'd been using.

Last edited:
So we were almost right on the price but not the p and p. this may be good value ml for ml but it is certainly an ouch to the purse. I suspect the three easy pay will be a decider for many.
I think Dips has hit the nail re sell out though. I wonder how many they have.
It's a no for me. I much prefer Decleor face to elemis. plus have Masses of skin are at the mo. I am currently really impressed with Elemental Herbology plus a serum called S5 thAt I am trialling.

Don't know how many Q are going to sell today tho' as many of us have an EU excess mountain of PCMC in our stash from Christmas TSV's :thinking:
Please don't let it be the almost never ending hot pick that appears during every other show like the last one lol!

Hats off tho' to Elemis, it's very good value.

Last edited:
Marina, CdM is owned by Estee Lauder and has been for a number of years. Many say EL watered down the formula and its no where as good as when first released.

On some US beauty boards many swear that Nivea in the blue pot made in Germany(in the US they get a version made in Mexico and not as good it seems), is just as good. Original CdM was very thick just like Nivea.

Sorry to be going back a few pages but I'm just catching up - which Nivea exactly is it Donna? I've just searched for Nivea on the boots website and its brought up gazillions if options. When you said thick texture and blue pot I immediately thought of this one - http://www.boots.com/en/Nivea-Creme-50ml_6105/ that my big sister used to use when I was a kid for EVERYTHING - hand cream, face cream, suntan cream....!

Hmmm interesting point, but I wonder how potent is potent? As potent as Q presenters & their guests tell us & we want to believe? I just remember reading articles by respected dermatologists who conclude that moisturisation is the key, everything else is a load of old piffile that people can pay £100's for. I think that so long as you're skin is sufficiently moisturised and the product agrees with your skin that's the main thing by far. So I don't worry too much about the potency DJ. I just try to avoid products that are too greasy as that can have sagging effects as has started to emerge in plastic surgery clinics now but actually do the job, (keep my skin nice & soft) ;) x.

Have to say, serums for me are a must now. They last for ages & I've seen a difference. I went to Transform for micro dermabrasion several years ago. When I went back a few months ago to have it again, (just have the 1 cleanse when my skin's looking a bit dull, usually 2-3 years apart, it's just a deep pore cleanse really), they compared a close-up pic of my skin compared to several years ago. The improvement was clearly visible. I put that down to serums. They asked me what I'd been using.

I would like to know what you re using as well,pleasssse.

Can't buy it on 3 easy pays cos my card runs out in April and the automatic ordering system chucks my request out!

Not tempted by the TSV at all but I love Keeley's nail colour. Wonder what it is. AY said her purple was LD but I prefer the blue.

The old style in the blue pot(but the Q10 pot version is better now it seems), this was on the US beauty boards about 4 or 5 years ago. Its too thick for me and breaks me out, so never used it. Old style Ponds Cream is also getting loads of buzz for cleaning the face. That would be the Cold Cream.

Well fans on FB are buying two and three of the TSV. Yes, I did buy one. I use all the products so it was a good deal for me, even counting buying the day and night cream for £20 each on ebay.

Last edited:
I had a look at the reviews on the boots website for the Nivea and people were saying they loved it as a facial moisturiser, also Astral. I think I've heard you mention the Ponds cream before as well. I might have a go. When I was younger I did used to use johnsons baby lotion to remove eye make up!

I recently used the Nivea natural range (which isn't natural at all, but that's another argument for another day) and whilst the skin toner was horrible (so full of alcomahol it smelled like a brewery), the moisturiser - think it was a chamomile one for sensitive skin was very nice indeed. The old Nivea in the blue pot is what my mother used for years until she started with Liz Earle. It worked very well for her, and at 65 her skin is very good.

Not tempted by the TSV at all but I love Keeley's nail colour. Wonder what it is. AY said her purple was LD but I prefer the blue.
She said Nails Inc Berkly something on her FB page but she was going to check. I could see a couple of colours on their website that look like possibles but the names don't match what she said.

Latest posts

Back