Elemis - 03/03/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't believe you are paying them Flamenco, not the other way round as they are testing on you.
I actually thought that people were given samples in return for a favour of testing them.

It's to cover postage and admin apparently. It's hugely popular. You get full sizes of various brand you're asked to trial. I don't mind the £30. Apparently it can cost £20 to post - and it's sent Special Delivery.

http://beautybible.com/email-us/id-like-to-be-a-tester/

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

It's to cover postage and admin apparently. It's hugely popular. You get full sizes of various brand you're asked to trial. I don't mind the £30. Apparently it can cost £20 to post - and it's sent Special Delivery.

http://beautybible.com/email-us/id-like-to-be-a-tester/

It sounds much better when you get to chose your products, hope you enjoy the experience and please let us know how it goes for you Flamenco.

Last edited:
Having said that's it's okay, I've changed my mind because they are making money on selling a book, not just doing trialing of products.

The total value of the products to test is often around £300 so I am very happy to pay £30 for the opportunity to do this. It's sent SD with average postage about £18. £6 of the £30 is VAT. There are 1,500 testers apparently so the fees goes someway to cover the cost of organising and administering the trial. In last years trial, some testers received a Clarisonic to trial (which you get to keep!). So I am not grumbling at paying £30.

I have tested for the beauty bible too. The value of the products far outweigh the £30. You receive 10 full size products to trial. It's brillant!!

I tested for the Beauty Bible once some years back. Had to give my skin type etc, so I said roseaca and they sent loads of products with rose oil. Rose oil breaks me out. The thing about the BB is they are going by peoples feedback not proper scientific results. Twenty women saying, "Well my skin felt and look better." Is not really a true test of a product.

I have done a few market researches, never make up through, usually its £40 for an hour. I did get an all day one once for £150, at a hotel and you had lunch and coffee breaks of course paid by them.

Elemis prices went up late last year.

The TSV price is £64.97, hints are the P&P is 3p.

Thanks Donna, if that is the TSV price it won't be on EP then.
Not that I use EP, but I know a lot do. £70.00 is a lot for a beauty TSV IMO.

Oh Donna, thank you, you saved me lots of time doing research. I did use the blue pot Nivea with Q10 years ago and it was very good.
I buy the Nivea Q10 day cream with SPF10 for around £5.99. I buy it when it is on special offer either from Boots or Super drug or sometimes Sainsbury.

The email from the Beauty Bible which comes with the questionaires attached now states that testers mustn't discuss their test products before they publish the results:

NB THESE PRODUCTS ARE SENT TO YOU FOR BEAUTY BIBLE TRIALS ONLY. The products must not be used for other blog postings, and your experiences with these products must not be discussed in a public forum such as Twitter or Facebook, until such time as a comment by you appears in an edition of one of our books or App.

I will say that the product I've just received are a fabulous bunch (based on the rrp and the few I've already used in the past).

I also test for Ayton Moon (Clix research) and prefer their approach as the products aren't identified but come in plain bottles. I once tested a Guerlain night cream for the B Bible with a price tag of about £100; knowing this makes it difficult to answer the "would you buy it again" question because I'd love to use it again but in reality I'd never pay that much for it. If I had no idea how much it costs I'd have no inflated expectations influenced by price.

Well worth doing though!

Jude xx

Last edited:
Some people have all the luck ..... lol. Have you plans for the money, a treat would be called for IMO Tink

Would help if I remembered it was next week wouldn't it lol. I think I might just treat myself to some L'Occitane goodies or I might put it towards the blasted tyres I recently had to buy.

I've done a few market research things in the past but once you've done one in a certain sector or subject then that's it for a couple of years. They always look for a very specific profile though so getting on to them is actually quite difficult. I did one for Vodafone that was brilliant. It was testing a network and I got a phone, all my bills paid for three months and something like £100 a month for the three months. But I'm unlikely to ever get anything like that again.

Keeley is saying the TSV price is £64 97 on 3 easy pay on her FB page.

A beauty blogger has it at £63.66 on 3 easy pay.

someone else said if they changed it to £64.98 then it can be 3 easy pay.

So take your pick who is correct.

Would help if I remembered it was next week wouldn't it lol. I think I might just treat myself to some L'Occitane goodies or I might put it towards the blasted tyres I recently had to buy.

I've done a few market research things in the past but once you've done one in a certain sector or subject then that's it for a couple of years. They always look for a very specific profile though so getting on to them is actually quite difficult. I did one for Vodafone that was brilliant. It was testing a network and I got a phone, all my bills paid for three months and something like £100 a month for the three months. But I'm unlikely to ever get anything like that again.
I'd say treat yourself to some L'Occitane goodies, forget the tyres, they're paid for, and were totally needed.

I could do with a research thing for some phone network, as i need a new phone, got the old fold type, and i see a lot of 70 and 80 year olds in the hospital using them, so i think i need to modernise LOL

Keeley is saying the TSV price is £64 97 on 3 easy pay on her FB page.

A beauty blogger has it at £63.66 on 3 easy pay.

someone else said if they changed it to £64.98 then it can be 3 easy pay.

So take your pick who is correct.

Maybe it's a buy more save more with a mahoosive £1.31 (or 1.32) off for buying 2?!!

I got the sample of the PCMC.

Yes Autumn, but on the Q FB page they keep saying 3p P&P. No idea where that is coming from? Perhaps they really want to make sure it does sell out this time.

I got the sample of the PCMC.

Yes Autumn, but on the Q FB page they keep saying 3p P&P. No idea where that is coming from? Perhaps they really want to make sure it does sell out this time.

Oh hadnt heard about the 3p p&p hopefully everything will have that too then lol

Latest posts

Back