Easiyo TSV 17/8/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've bought the TSV because I wanted to try the pineapple and coconut. I hadn't noticed that the tropical fruit was a smoothie. May have put me off as smoothies are cheaper and therefore the poor value is even less.

Absolutely no way wold I pay £3.50 for a sachet. If you look on the various easiyo uk (google) websites, for clearance lines, you will quite often find short dated stock - couple of months - for a bargain price. Even at full price, they are cheaper than the Q. For me, the main reason for shopping elsewhere, is the variety of choice, I can buy the specific flavours I like, rather than just take whatever is in the pack.

Free p+p my foot! To Spain normally they charge 1.01 pounds, today they want 16 plus!!

Lakeland scored heavily recently when they were offering the big white flask at half price (around £7.50) I succumbed to it even though my improvisation - a shaker flask in a half filled saucepan of boiling water, lid taped down overnight worked a treat (please dont laugh!) :mysmilie_17:

I also discovered when I used my proper flask, the mixes with 'bits' in them both set with the bits all settled at the top (happened both with Greek & coconut bits, and forest fruits with berry bits)

I will never buy this from QVC just from Hobbycraft or Lakeland, that surpasses ebay when on offer

With the yogurts that have bits, you have to give them a good shake before putting them in the fridge and then the bits don't stay at the top.

Easiyo has to be one of the biggest rip-offs going. All you need to do is get a yogurt that you like and stir it into a vat of milk, then incubate it for a bit. Go and buy a Yeo Vallry yogurt and chuck into some milk, then BAM! You've got more yogurt just like the Yeo Valley one!

This IMO is a fantastic post, and encouraged me to research further. So before you are thinking of polishing off that last serving of Easi yo in the container, read this ...
http://sustainablesuburbia.net/how-to-make-yoghurt-from-scratch-in-an-easiyo-yogurt-maker/

I guess a bit of imagination with flavouring and hey presto - less Easi yo spends

I plan to try this and stir in a cherry pie filling or even a few spoons of jam for flavouring

Free p+p my foot! To Spain normally they charge 1.01 pounds, today they want 16 plus!!

I tried to order on line but kept getting error messages, so I ordered over the phone and my postage was GBP 3.83 for two packs. Incidentally which telephone number do you use the 504030 or 908292?

I decided not to go for the TSV in the end. I will shop around though rather than use Ebay in the future. Thanks guys :)

This IMO is a fantastic post, and encouraged me to research further. So before you are thinking of polishing off that last serving of Easi yo in the container, read this ...
http://sustainablesuburbia.net/how-to-make-yoghurt-from-scratch-in-an-easiyo-yogurt-maker/

I guess a bit of imagination with flavouring and hey presto - less Easi yo spends

I plan to try this and stir in a cherry pie filling or even a few spoons of jam for flavouring

Thank you for that ....but I can't be asked ......:mysmilie_17:.....I will keep going for the easy yo untill a world shortage and they cost 10 quid a sachet ....( qvc will prob sell them for 20 quid)

I tried to order on line but kept getting error messages, so I ordered over the phone and my postage was GBP 3.83 for two packs. Incidentally which telephone number do you use the 504030 or 908292?

Calling from Spain I use 900964455 which is a free number. I tried to order the TSV online but the p+p was over 16 quid! When I ordered my lovely purple yog. maker it was also free p+p and I only paid 1.01 pounds. I didn't bother phoning as I stocked up on sachets when I went to UK in May.

I use www.easiyonline.co.uk now, they sell lots of varieties and also 'near end date' packs at bargain prices and out of date ones at even better prices! eg a pack of 3 peaches & cream costs £1.80 - expired May 14 (I've had lots of these expired ones and they are perfectly fine).

Delivery is £4.99 and free over £40 - I usually do a big order for myself and my mum and it lasts us for ages. Delivery is fast and they email you to tell you when it will be delivered and give you an option to change the date to suit you.

TSV is already shipped. Looking forward to trying the pineapple and coconut.
I'm going on holiday to south Devon at the beginning of September for 2 weeks and I'll take the easiyo container and some sachets with me.

I recently bought an easiyo unit (currently £7.50 from lakeland) as a gift, along with Raspberry, Strawberry with stevia, as the recipient usually buys strawberry or raspberry activia, but I was quite upset, to discover that both varieties are really sharp and tart, so the friend had to add jam to it, to make it palletable -- they made it correctly and it set well. does it get less tart over time in the fridge?

Does anybody else think the 'berry' varieties are too sharp?

Does anyone know if this is the same Greek and Coconut as the blue packet? I had mine from Holland & Barratt, I think they were £3.15 each, but will be heading for The Range at the weekend if this is the same one!

http://www.therange.co.uk/easiyo-greek-and-coconut-yogurt-base//the-range/fcp-product/61263
IMO there are differences, Its not as smooth as the blue greek coconut, I've tried both, and prefer the blue bag because the bits just all set at the top with the green bag bits variety - I guess trying one bag won't harm

Greek coconut is my all time favourite, I will be interested to know about the pineapple and coconut as I am greatly tempted by anything which contains anything with pineapple, coconut, almonds .

I have heard the demonstrator say that we can ignore the sell by date and as long as after it is made up it hasn't separated then it is ok to eat.

I don't have a sweet tooth so I wouldn't notice if it was a bit tart so not sure if there is another variety you should use.

I have never had any luck with low fat packets, no matter what I do it always separates (not out of date!) and OH won't eat it and it does look of putting . I have spoken to many in store demonstrators but they all look blankly when I ask why it happens.

Latest posts

Back