Easi yo! What a fib!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

K

Kat73

Guest Shopper
Simon Biaggi has just said that in New Zealand there are isles and isles in NZ supermarkets DEDICATED to Easi Yo! My hubby is a kiwi, and when he heard this he said WHERE??? He had never heard of it. He did say that NZ is probably too far away for anyone to actually check..

Yesterday Biagi said easiyo was double the price in NZ.

I have no evidence but I find that hard to believe.

Yesterday Biagi said easiyo was double the price in NZ.

I have no evidence but I find that hard to believe.

OMG! Why, would a country suffering more from the recession than most that has recently had one of its major cities decimated by an earthquake charge it's countryfolk MORE for sachets of yoghurt than they charge gullible Brits, who have the added costs of shipping the stuff to the other side of the world?

Code:

I know some family friends who now live near Wellington in New Zealand. She comes back to visit a couple times a year as has some elderly relatives still living in the UK. When she was here a while ago I asked about easi-yo and if she had heard of it. She said that she had heard of it, bit didn't use it and she only knew of a couple of people who used it. The next time she came over she told us that she was now using it! She did say that she thought it was quite popular but didn't say anything about there being aisles and aisles of the stuff! I doubt that is true. QVC always seem to go on about NZ and where it is made and stuff that is what annoys me. I do make it occasionally but didn't buy it on qvc. I bought the yoghurt maker for my mum as a present about a year ago or so and she likes it. She hasn't made anything for a while, but still uses it. She only has the really plain yoghurts, never any flavours! It is for health reasons for my dad. I think is nice, but can be a bit sharp sometimes for my liking. Ok if I put a drop of jam or honey with it though!

You can buy it much cheaper in bulk online. I think we bought it at Lawsons last time. A lot cheaper than qvc and you can choose which flavours to buy! Don't have to be stuck with the multipack. I would like to try the ice-cream though, but that's because I have a sweet tooth!

Thanks Bella Bambina. My hubby is a kiwi, my mother in law lives in Dunedin South Island and my brothers snd sister in law live in Wellington. When I see one of them in June I'm gonna ask! As for my hubby he always says NZ is way too far away for anyone to check and it is always used to sell air freshener, yoghurt or where soap stars go to die!

easi yo.jpg

Easi yo aisle in NZ.

http://www.thehealthstore.co.nz/en/cp/Easiyo_Yogurt_Starter_Pack

This starter pack is around £88 I think, seems expensive!

I gave my mom the starte pack for Christmas and she's just using the yoghurt maker without the sachets - that's the same reason I bought it, you can really use any yoghurt as a starter though I sometimes do buy the sachets. My local farmer's market has them so I just need to pop round the corner to pick one up whenever I feel like it.

Latest posts

Back