Doll10 Beauty TSV 03/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well Fair has "sold out and gone" as they say on Ideal World. "I hope you got yours" :mysmilie_17:

Any sign of OTOs? There are only two full hour dedicated Doll10 shows today at 4 and 10pm so I wonder whether they have much stock?

I’ve ordered Fair before it sold out and now sitting on the fence if I should order Light.
It's dispatched by RM (((

The guest appears to have had quite a lot of work done to her face. Botoxed forehead, fillers. Saw her on the lunchtime show trying out a pillow, this really showed up her neck looking wrinkled. The close ups show her make up as being really thick. If the make up is good then surely you don't need that much plastered on. She isn't a good advertisement.

I haven't ordered it. I was tempted so dug out the Doll 10 stuff I have to remind me what it's like. Used the liquid foundation & found what I remembered about it, that even the Fair shade is too dark & yellow on me, so that clinched it. I already have two of the blushers, am not keen on the mascara & the brushes don't look anything special.

Doris does wear thick makeup because she has a lot of redness,fair play to her for removing it to show us.

I didn't go for it. Not too keen on liquid foundations, and I am delighted with the conceal it concealer so don't need to try anything else. I am saving myself for Tarte in June.

Went for fair first thing this morning. Looking forward to trying it out but totally prepared to return if it's not 100% satisfactory - her years resolution!

Didn't Alison Young say the Hydragel foundation was a worldwide launch? Was the foundation in the German one different in some way then? It looks the same or did AY make a big boo boo? Not that it matters in the least but a claims a claim!

Oh well my choice of shade has gone. Clearly I should've stayed up til midnight or skipped work to be in with a chance lol. Never mind :) will wait for the Tarte TSV now and make sure I'm up at 12 just in case.

Didn't Alison Young say the Hydragel foundation was a worldwide launch? Was the foundation in the German one different in some way then? It looks the same or did AY make a big boo boo? Not that it matters in the least but a claims a claim!

She often does this, proves she really hasn't got a clue. I think her lack of knowledge rests on the fact that the QVC customer will buy regardless of wether she's right or wrong, and the people who don't use the Internet have no way of knowing if she's right or wrong.

It's not even the UK launch, let alone world wide! It was sold in this set in 2015; that's how I come to have it already! 209937

I've got to say I'm really quite annoyed I missed out on this TSV - I couldn't stay up until midnight because I have to get up for work at 6am, so I recorded the same intending on watching it when I got in from work. I had a brain wave through the morning and realised I could watch it online in my dinner but then the wifi at work was down, so I couldn't and by the time I did manage to watch the presentation the 'light' option had sold out. This was by about 2pm. How on earth can QVC get it so wrong that 3 of the 4 shades were sold out by 4/5pm? They must have done it on purpose, wanting a compete sell out. I'm not happy.

Also, it looks like the US, us, Germany & France might all have the same TSV, so maybe a group discount/bulk order was made by QVC for this collection.

I didn't think this looked good on the models at all, very unnatural and the blush looked garish. I'm glad I didn't go for it. I have the Hydra Drops foundation from a TSV last year, and that's really good.

I've got to say I'm really quite annoyed I missed out on this TSV - I couldn't stay up until midnight because I have to get up for work at 6am, so I recorded the same intending on watching it when I got in from work. I had a brain wave through the morning and realised I could watch it online in my dinner but then the wifi at work was down, so I couldn't and by the time I did manage to watch the presentation the 'light' option had sold out. This was by about 2pm. How on earth can QVC get it so wrong that 3 of the 4 shades were sold out by 4/5pm? They must have done it on purpose, wanting a compete sell out. I'm not happy.

Also, it looks like the US, us, Germany & France might all have the same TSV, so maybe a group discount/bulk order was made by QVC for this collection.
If you could not stay up until midnight, it was probably a good idea to have got up 10 mins earlier in the morning and ordered it then. The products often don't sell out until around 8am

I didn't think this looked good on the models at all, very unnatural and the blush looked garish. I'm glad I didn't go for it. I have the Hydra Drops foundation from a TSV last year, and that's really good.
The blush looked awful in the TSV demo, but then later in the day when they were demoing blushers in a different set and had the time to talk about it, they looked very nice on, when a model applied herself with a light touch. The TSV was so caked on it put me off buying but I still did, thinking I may find a way of applying it lighter. I really liked the demo of the bronzer but it sold so quickly I didn’t have the time to mentally commit to the purchase. My TSV was dispatched yesterday but will take a while since RM is delivering it.

Mine has arrived, I already have the foundation, concealer and brow product so it's the blush and mascara that I'll road test today. I don't use a flat foudation brush for applying foundation, I prefer a fluffier kabuki for buffing to blend, so I use the flat foundation brushes I own (including a 15 year old Smashbox one), for applying creme blushers and it gives a lighter buildable application.

BRB when I've tested the mascara.

The creme blush "Flirt" is perfect for me it's a very soft neutral pink; I already own one called "Amour" (possibly from a previous TSV) which is a cooler pink and a current favourite. "Flirt" is similar but definitely a few notches nearer to a peachy pink, so a fraction warmer. I'd be interested to hear how well this works on deeper skin tones because it's very subtle applied on top of the Fair foundation. The mascara is fine, I'll use it but I don't wear mascara on a daily basis. I do, however, wear brows because I don't have any visible brow hairs (v fair and sparse) so the brow product is a definite keeper.

All in all it's the perfect TSV for me and I'll use all of it. At first I was disappointed there wasn't a lipstick in the set but it's probably for the best because I certainly don't need any more lippies and it would have pushed up the TSV price.

If you test the foundation and it looks too heavy, try again and use half as much. My face doesn't look caked as the models did; my application method of choice is to whack it on with my finger tips and then buff with a brush which seems to blend away the excess in seconds. Whole face including foundation, blush, brows, lipstick and mascara takes about a minute.

Latest posts

Back