Doll10 Beauty TSV 03/02/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Great that DF's best mate gets a frebbie to try a year before anyone else :mysmilie_10: and then blogs to promote qvc,

in case it is helpful
the qvc germany feed back raised complaints such as
hydra gel new formula not as good as previous formula
does not cover as shown in on air presentation
too perfumed
concealer very drying under eye and emphasising wrinkles

I think we will have to wait and see. I really like the hydra fluid foundation but have read that the hydra gel products are perfumed so I'm hesitant to try them.

Thanks for that, I was contemplating buying but won't use stuff that's fragranced. Saved me a waste of postage. It's weird, most of Doll10 is fragrance free so I wonder why they've suddenly put it into this set.

in case it is helpful
the qvc germany feed back raised complaints such as
hydra gel new formula not as good as previous formula
does not cover as shown in on air presentation
too perfumed
concealer very drying under eye and emphasising wrinkles

I've read the reviews both on German and US sites - the US ones are very favourable (for a separate gel foundation as they didn't have a set). On qvc.uk there's a mixed bunch of reviews.

She'd salvage some credibility if she occasionally disliked a QVC product! :mysmilie_17:

I've read the reviews both on German and US sites - the US ones are very favourable (for a separate gel foundation as they didn't have a set). On qvc.uk there's a mixed bunch of reviews.

we'll probably never know
as QVC does not post the ingredients, at least not locally
but i suspect that the formula varies
i.e. individual gel foundation, lets say is original Doll 10 formula
then TSV formula is different as QVC demands a certain price point/volume
so formula gets amended to make it cheaper to produce, incl possibly more fillers etc
but they still sell under the established product name
and they quote all the good reviews from original formula
hence you get comments like this on the German site
'i applied the gel foundation i already had one on one side of my face
and the TSV gel foundation on the other
and there is huge difference, no coverage etc
so i am sending back'

it is all smoke and mirrors with QVC imho
(even though they are not the only ones ...)

I didn't think they would do this but anything is possible. Only if the products don't live up to the claims, Q would get swamped by the returns I would imagine. I think that on the US channel Doris was saying that there's 40% more pigment in Hydragel foundation than in a regular foundation, so I'll be listening carefully if she is going to make it a selling point , as QVC are legally bound not to make false claims.

I didn't think they would do this but anything is possible. Only if the products don't live up to the claims, Q would get swamped by the returns I would imagine. I think that on the US channel Doris was saying that there's 40% more pigment in Hydragel foundation than in a regular foundation, so I'll be listening carefully if she is going to make it a selling point , as QVC are legally bound not to make false claims.

40% more pigment than in a regular foundation ?
which foundations, all the ones in the world ?
i don't think legally anyone would have a way of disproving this
so i don't think the 'legally bound not to make false claims' offers any real protection
to be honest
anyhoo, don't want to put you off
but as i am able to understand German
i thought i let you know
esp if you used the same foundation before and expecting it to be the same
and also if you expect the product you get send to act the same way i.e. coverage wise
as the one they will demonstrate on air (at least that was some of the feedback)
however, you probably only know if you try
and as long as you don't mind the p&p, potentially both ways to see how it works
then that is grand
enjoy :0)

p.s. Marina
hope my above post did not come across as disrectful or intending any offence
it certainly isn't meant to
and in case it does not come across generally..
i certainly hold you and your contributions on here in the highest esteem :eek:)

^^^^^
'disrespectful', even,
doh
(i don't even know what 'disrectful' is)
:blush:

Not at all lilith, I read your posts with interest and know that you didn't mean any harm, no offence taken :eek:)

I purchased one of the previous TSV's and wasn't very impressed. I found the highlighter smelt of play-doh, the mascara is not worth putting on as you can't see it and the eyebrow cream (or what ever it is) is not worth the hype it receives.
Let's hope this one is better!

Latest posts

Back