Doll 10 Cosmetics TSV - 14/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This made me laugh, its the statement written on the QVC TSV page.

Behind the brand
Founded by wellness doctor turned Mrs America,
Made me think is she married to Captain America? Or is there a beauty contest for married woman Mrs and Miss America.:Laugh:

This made me laugh, its the statement written on the QVC TSV page.

Behind the brand
Founded by wellness doctor turned Mrs America,
Made me think is she married to Captain America? Or is there a beauty contest for married woman Mrs and Miss America.:Laugh:

Well she has just said she did win Mrs America or was it Miss???? Oh and her forehead moves.

I think a lot of the models look bad in Make up presentations as the guest always seems to put too much on and it ends up looking caked on,Laura Geller does it a lot.
Lynn

I think the models look nice especially the blonde model with the short hair. The only one that looked a right state was AY last night lol

I think this lady has a very pleasant manner, and it is good to see a beauty TSV at under £30, however I can't take my eyes off her non-moveable top lip and her cheeks. Wouldn't want the brown eye-liner, but do like the rest of the kit.

Dont need any make up and saving myself for the Mally TSV (depending whats in it) at the end of November. This Doll10 TSV looks nice colours. The brow, lipstick, lipgloss and highlighter look nice. I don't need any mascara and eyeliner and hate that style of eyeliner anyway- prefer the Mally pencils.

Dont need any make up and saving myself for the Mally TSV (depending whats in it) at the end of November. This Doll10 TSV looks nice colours. The brow, lipstick, lipgloss and highlighter look nice. I don't need any mascara and eyeliner and hate that style of eyeliner anyway- prefer the Mally pencils.

Me too hope its a good TSV.

My TSV arrived and I probably would buy the grey or brunette in the brow colour as the blonde is very safe (don't get me wrong I don't want to look like a girl on Educating Yorkshire!). I have virtually no hair in my brows and the Doll10 product does seem to build on the little I've got and looks natural.

The highlighter is very subtle, Lord knows how Ali Young managed to look so shiny she must have held 2 of the compacts on her cheeks and rubbed for 20 minutes.

Lipstick and gloss lovely, lighter pink than I'd normally wear but flattering not Barbie pink like the last Laura Geller TSV. I'm tempted to buy the boxed set of lippies!

I haven't tried the mascara but have used the bent brush mascara from Dalton so I imagine it'll be ok.

The eyeliner is nice too and the brush is a bit like the smashbox bent liner brush and I like gel liners generally so it feels easy to use. Very pleased and I'm going to contact CS for my P&P refund (bonus!).

A good place to start dabbling in a new brand!

I am also very pleased with my Kit,the lipstick has real staying power and the highlighter is perfect for my skin tone,the brow product is the best I have ever used and need such a small amount it will last a long time ,well worth the price.
Lynn :Laugh:

I like Doris, she's funny and has some good stories to tell. Shame the range isn't really for me, but it's a good value kit isn't it.

i am tempted by the eyebrow thing from the kit as while my brows are full they are also starting to get messy. i have tried a brow pencil and i thought it looked fine but i am worried that i will start looking like brooke shields if i use too much. i have very dark brown brows so i dont know if the brunette (i tried an LG one once and it was very red/tan) or the black would be better for me. I still havent managed to see a showing of the TSV so dithering and will probably let it go

I like Doris too , shes seems to know her stuff and has a great personality, I wish she hadn't had surgery to her face because shes a very attractive lady, she also mentioned about rescuing a feral kitten so shes an animal lover, so im a fan:Laugh:

There was a model on earlier during the day with dark brunette hair and her brows were done with the black. I've gone for the grey brow* but even though I'm fair I've used a black brow pencil in the past (with a very very light hand) to fill in my brows because my hair is naturally very ashy, without a shred of golden or red tones. But, as Doris said about the model, I didn't look like Groucho Marx!

I don't want to talk you into buying a set unless you'll use most of the kit; the brow and brush item on their own would be cheaper to return if it turns out to be wrong for you.

*in my defence DD will get the rest of the spare products as part of her Christmas presents

Thanks Jude.
I finally got to see a presentation of the TSV. I saw the brunette version but not the black. The brunette looked a proper brown and lighter than my own brows but as it is for filling in I think it would look like i had mud on my eyebrows. After what you said I think I shall give the black a try.
I know what you mean about getting the brow fix instead of the TSV. I would use the lipstick and gloss but I am not sure about the rest. I am a bit wary of highlighters, I have a few of the LG ones and I only use them on my eyes.
But i must say i was most impressed with Doris Dalton showing us a before and after of herself. I havent seen any of the others do that! Well done that lady

I'm quite tempted by this but as Q don't bother to tell us the ingredients in anything, I'd better not. I've recently discovered I'm allergic to some forms of vitamin e, which is in everything. I've had to give half my make-up collection away as a result, which I'm gutted about. So nothing new for me that I can't find an ingredients list for first, which is going to make my Q shopping very boring from now on.

I'm quite tempted by this but as Q don't bother to tell us the ingredients in anything, I'd better not. I've recently discovered I'm allergic to some forms of vitamin e, which is in everything. I've had to give half my make-up collection away as a result, which I'm gutted about. So nothing new for me that I can't find an ingredients list for first, which is going to make my Q shopping very boring from now on.

Are you allergic to natural-form Vitamin E or the synthetic version? Vit E in it's natural d-alpha is a fantastic anti-oxidant but is hideously expensive compared to the synthetic but considerably cheaper version.

Vit E is used as a preservative, so you are going to have your work cut out avoiding it :(

Latest posts

Back