Doll 10 Cosmetics TSV - 14/10/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AKIMBO and LYNNONTHELAKE based on your posts and the price, I have ordered the blonde. I know I don't need it but I like the look of the lipstick and the gloss. I am curious to try the brow but hopefully it will last and I can use it on some days interspersed with my other brow products. Plus I only own 2 other lipsticks (but lots of glosses).
I like the sound of that highlighter.
I can always return it.
I won't use the liner or the mascara and wont be trying them.
What's the ebay market for this brand like as I may sell these.

I really liked it but the brow product is putting me off a bit...how much of this kit would I realistically use?

I have never used these actual products so cannot comment on them. However I can honestly say that brow products are amazing. I always thought they would be such a waste of money but they really can help to frame the face. They really do make a difference. I actually use a Clinique one which has a brow pencil on one end and a highlighter on the other. I would urge you to give one a try!!!

Are you allergic to natural-form Vitamin E or the synthetic version? Vit E in it's natural d-alpha is a fantastic anti-oxidant but is hideously expensive compared to the synthetic but considerably cheaper version.

Vit E is used as a preservative, so you are going to have your work cut out avoiding it :(

I'm not actually sure, all I know is most things with it in I've reacted to but some are ok. It's definitely vit e though, I've ruled out everything else. I've still got a pile of skin stuff that I reacted to, I'll go over the ingredients lists with a fine toothed comb and see if I can figure out which form it is.

Yeah, that's true. Luckily I've just about managed to find replacement products for pretty much everything I was using before, but there certainly isn't much choice. The market for colour and fragrance free, non greasy products which aren't tested on animals and contain no alcohol, essential oils, witch hazel or vit e is very, very narrow.

I've leaned just today that vitamin E can be genetically modified

Liz has said that for years, she used to say her range(as it was then), only used natural vitamin E. And you should check everything you buy for natural vitamin E if included in the ingredients.

Whitesnake, I agree. A brow product is a must, have used different ranges over the years. Smashbox, Laura Mercier and Hourglass.

If these products are so ****** wonderful at making you look good why has Doris got a face full of fillers, Botox , surgery etc. She looked like a large fish I saw on the counter in Morrisons yesterday. I switched on and switched back off when I saw her.

If these products are so ****** wonderful at making you look good why has Doris got a face full of fillers, Botox , surgery etc. She looked like a large fish I saw on the counter in Morrisons yesterday. I switched on and switched back off when I saw her.

I agree its not a good look all the work shes had done , however at least shes selling Makeup and not skincare unlike Lulu.

Maybe after having cancer she decided to make the most of herself,I believe there was a thread that maybe AK had had some work done so who can blame them,as Autumn said Doris isn't selling skincare like Sarah Chapman,Lulu and the guest from Perricone.
Lynn

If I had just had a serious illness the last thing I would do is fill my face with chemicals etc. I am only sorry some women feel the need to do this to themselves as in my opinion it does nothing to improve their looks in fact the more work they have done the worse they look.

Still loads more comments about the make up looking greasy heavy and thick.

I admit I did not see any of the shows so no idea. Lets see what the reviews say when they come in.

Mine arrived today. The mascara and eyeliner are earmarked for a friend but wow the brow stuff is fantastic- the best I have ever tried. Tried the lipstick and like it a lot. Go easy on the application because its highly pigmented, rich and creamy and I love the quality of it. The consistency, feel and smell (shea) reminds me of the very expensive Tom Ford lipsticks I tried in Harvey Nics. I was not prepared to pay £30 odd quid for a lipstick but did like it. Well done Doris this lipstick is excellent quality and a beautiful colour. Not tried the lipgloss on its own but it's a bit "too much" over the lippy but some will like the look. Going to try the highlighter tomorrow.

Glad you like it WG it's had lots of 5star reviews the brow product is the best I have ever used and the lippy is long lasting without being drying the value for money is excellent .
Lynn :witchbroom:

I'm still very pleased with mine and the highlighter is beautiful and very subtle and I stand by my earlier observation that AY held one compact on each cheek and rubbed for 20 minutes (or was attacked by giant land snails) to get the silver go-faster cheek stripes she was sporting on TSV day!

The mascara is very subtle too and not in the least spidery even with lots of coats, however if you want the ooomph of the Mally mascara then stick with the Mally mascara.

I like the lipstick too and it has real staying power but doesn't feel dry iykwim

Marina - Mally is still the one! Mally for my foundation, mascara, eyeshadow sticks, blush, eye pencils and face defender. I only have 2 other lipsticks, one from Mally (from the nude trio- lovely) one from Avon-ok. The Doll 10 lipstick is much better than both of those. I love the Mally liquid lipsticks too but lets face it a lip gloss is a lip gloss and I just like Mally for the colour rather than staying power of her glosses. I prefer the texture and colour of the Mally liquid lipsticks but it seems that the Doll 10 lipgloss is richer with better staying power.

Not tried any Doll 10 foundation or blush and love my Mally plus a chanel vitalumiere. Also have dome B&B!

It is obvious though that the Doll 10 brow product is far superior to Mally brow product and YBF.

Flamingo -As for the colour of the lippy it is a pinky nude but it does not have too much pink in it. It lifts the complexion a bit like a pinky coral would. Not sickly like Laura Gellar pink from last TSV. Not pepto bismol. Lippy depends very much on your skin tone as to whether it will suit you but I imagine this shade would suit the vast majority of skin tones.

The TSV is still in stock. I really reccommend people give it a try.

I hope we get another TSV from this brand. I didn't need or want over half of it but I would like to try this brand in the future, if there was more that I did like in the kit. May try to acquire the brow product and lippy via Ebay.

I hope we get another TSV from this brand. I didn't need or want over half of it but I would like to try this brand in the future, if there was more that I did like in the kit. May try to acquire the brow product and lippy via Ebay.
I'm also tempted but have enough L Geller to last me for the next ten years, as I've been buying two of each TSVs and still can't get it right, as Porcelain is too white on my face and Fair is too yellow.

Would anyone be able to type up the ingredients lists of the products for me? Pretty please. It'd help me get some idea of whether the range is compatible with my skin. Thanks if anyone doesn't mind doing it.

Latest posts

Back