Does My Bum Look Big In This?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Producing the dreaded "cat carrier" from wherever you usually store it ususally sends most cats running for the hills. Instead, keep the basket in the living room, with the door open for a week or so, as if it has always been there. Occasionally put some tasty treats inside it, and allow the cat to come and go, in and out of the box with no reaction from you whatsoever. Soon, the box becomes normal, it smells just like him and if he is lucky there might just be a tasty treat inside. Have a felliway plug in at home for afterwards. One day, when you want to use the box to actually take puss to the V.E.T put some treats inside and fasten the box when the cat goes in.

I have heard that although cats are not stupid, their memories are not that great so in theory if you put the box back in the living room afterwards, continue to leave the door open with the occasionsl treat inside - then the cat will soon forget the association "Box=vet=bad".

I also found the books "cat detective" "cat confidential" and "cat counsellor" by Vicky Halls, very informative snd helpful but also very funny to read.

Where's minimeg?

Here we are!

meg1_zpsa272b91b.jpg

We've had a hard few days decorating.

Meg's been high on the fumes.

I did it!! Not only did I get him there but we were on time. He was downstairs when we started but I had made a contingency plan ... an old piece of work surface that I use as a crafting/cutting board. It's about two foot square. I locked the cat flap, wedged this hefty lump of work surface against the locked cat flap with a chair.

We had a quick chase round the lounge which involved me moving the three seater sofa then we were off upstairs. But from there it was shut the bedroom door quick. Job done.

He's been jabbed. Had a knot clippered off his back leg ... Bald patch on the trousers! ... weighed and job done. His teeth are looking good and he's put on a couple of pounds but she thinks he's really healthy.

He's back at home and I'm at work so hopefully by tea time he'l have forgiven me. Phew!!

Sounds like a hard day's work was done there Tinks. Glad it all went well :)

Hopey falls out with me about twice a day, as she has cat flu and i have to keep cleaning her nose, and she

hates it. I've trouble catching her though, she runs a mile and OH has to get her. She's not really a lap cat

unless she WANTS to, and then she sits sideways so i cant clean her nose. Even when lying on my bed she

lies face away from me at the bottom of the bed. They are so funny, weird animals. Love them :)

They are wilful aren't they? Harvey has knots in his trousers but every time I try and brush them out he sits down!!

The vet clippered out such a mass of fur today but you can't see a bald patch at all. I was sure he would look really silly but I can't see anything but the usual mass of furry trousers.

It was a new vet and she looked somewhat surprised when I told her he was the shorter haired of the two lol.

No Frazzled. When we got her she was neglected and locked in a room, and a lovely women paid to rescue her, and then we got her.
But she was about 3 or 4 months and she didn't have any injections or anything. When we took her to the vet he said she'd always
have cat flu, but it just means her nose gets blocked and she snores something rotten, and sounds snuffly.

Mind you when we moved here about 4 years ago, she went missing for the worst 16 days, and walked in one day giving of to me,
(never mind we'd been searching for days and days everywhere for her), and then was ill after that, and i wasn;t there to clean
her nose at all and she managed he he. (when missing). I think her plumpness saved her the vet said, she must have been
trapped at the building works at the back of the house, which my DS and OH searched and didn't see her.

Oh meant to say the worst thing is , if she ever gets a bad dose and she can sneeze about ten times, and then i try to get her
to clean her nose, but never quite do he he

Love it.

My absolute favourite cat one is the cat with the printer. It makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. And I think of it every time my printer won't work.

His Nibs appears to have enjoyed that too but wouldn't care to be referred to as "Dude" constantly!

Meg says, "The grey dude is Off the charts. In fact, that cat is ballin'!"

.... I knew I should never have clicked on Hip-Hop Speak for her
Poor Mr Fish hasn't got a clue what she's on about

Latest posts

Back