Does Liz Earle ever appear now herself?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, she sold to Avon first and continued as the face of Liz Earle for ages. Then Avon sold to Boots/Walgreen must be four or so years back.

Liz runs an organic farm and has a farm in Africa too. She was on This Morning a few weeks back filming for something in Africa.

Just wondering Boots as dropping loads of staff I am wondering if the Liz Earle brand might be sold on again?

Last edited:
Well, she sold to Avon first and continued as the face of Liz Earle for ages. Then Avon sold to Boots/Walgreen must be four or so years back.

Liz runs an organic farm and has a farm in Africa too. She was on This Morning a few weeks back filming for something in Africa.

Just wondering Boots as dropping loads of staff I am wondering if the Liz Earle brand might be sold on again?
You could be right as they have 20% off Liz Earle at the moment. Perhaps getting rid of stock.

I live in a very small town where the only shoppers are those on their lunch break. Our Boots closes for an hour 1 to 2 every day “to clean” . Normally this would be the only time there is more than a single customer.

If this is the way they run your business I’m not the least surprised they are going belly up.

It is more than 5 years since Avon sold the brand to Walgreens. If Liz was not already a millionaire, she was certainly a multi millionaire after those deals. For someone who claimed to passionately be in love with her range, together with her often rarely mentioned co-founder Kim Buckland, it surprised me at the time that she sold it. They hav the Bunny symbol because of their non testing on animals and using animal products. Avon and the Estee Lauder umbrella of companies don’t have that, it totally astounds me. Sh does live on a West Country farm.

I personally have gone right off the brand.

That is where the factory that made Liz Earle products are. Though quite a lot of staff have been let go starting last year. Someone posted an IOW newspaper article about it as so many people who live there depend on the factory for jobs.

I have a Readly subscription so get magazines I would never normally look at in a month of Sundays.

After this thread I went and had a look at her latest magazine and why the woman hadn’t been canonised is beyond me.

Plenty of products advertised both in editorial or actual adverts but not a mention of the Liz Earl brand (how soon she forgets) She also does jewellery but as you can imagine is overpriced.

Many moons ago, before the cosmetics company & when she was married to her first husband, she had a series of lifestyle programmes on tv; she said that there were three laundry baskets in each bathroom - one for whites, one for colours & one for delicates. I have no idea why I've remembered this!

It was through the Liz Earl brand that I first learned of a hot cloth cleanser - I don't know if it was originated by them. I remember a lot of fuss being made of the softness of the muslin cloth. Early versions had a quite basic cloth and later on it had a refresh with stitching around the border of the cloth in the LE teal colour.
I still use a hot cloth cleanser today, however these days its a Superdrug product that I choose. It might not have the organic botanicals but its a product that I am very happy with.

It was through the Liz Earl brand that I first learned of a hot cloth cleanser - I don't know if it was originated by them. I remember a lot of fuss being made of the softness of the muslin cloth. Early versions had a quite basic cloth and later on it had a refresh with stitching around the border of the cloth in the LE teal colour.
I still use a hot cloth cleanser today, however these days its a Superdrug product that I choose. It might not have the organic botanicals but its a product that I am very happy with.

I like the Superdrug vitamin e hot cloth cleanser. Just as good, always I buy one get one half price, and saves me a fortune.
These days, I only get C&P if it’s with a really good offer.

Has anyone any experience of the 3 pack Halo removers, they get very good reviews. I have ultra sensitive skin especially on the cheek bones just under the eyes which means eye makeup which needs a strong cleanser is a no no for me. This “appears “ to remove mascara without a remover. However if it was like a Brillo pad that would be just as bad.Lol

For years I have used Blinc (thanks to Donna) which is a tube method removed with plain water, but the last 3 or 4 times I purchased it (all different sources) it seems to be inferior quality so I’m looking for an alternative but the removal of it is my biggest problem.

TIA

Back in the early 90s, on a regular train trip to Glasgow, I ventured into Space NK. I came out with muslim cloths and hot cloth cleanser. Thus was long before I had even heard the Liz Earle name. It was also the same year, I started my never to run low stock of all things Bobbi Brown. A brand that is en essential to me, I absolutely adore this brand. To this day I still wear the same makeup shades, one for summer and the other all other times. BB do not change their range, but add to it.

I can’t praise her company enough! The year was 1991, make up in New York for my first venture, then she had a counter in Frasers of Buchanan Street, in Glasgow from 1992.

Latest posts

Back