Do you know about this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Again, I wish they would ask me this question. One of my main reasons for returning things is because of the state they're in when they arrive. Unless I'm hopelessly in love with them, if they're badly ackaged and creased I can't even be bothered to try them on. Another reason is QVC's bad quality control. I KNOW several things I've ordered have been sent out to someone else and returned (this is probably why they're having a clamp down on returns), but they've not been properly checked before sending out to the next customer - me! All I ask is that they're opened, checked and repackaged properly then I might not return so much.

Phew - Mrs Mills you don't know what you started here but thanks so much for giving me the opportunity to vent in sympathy! Apologies to all for so many replies on the same subject.

Topaz, it's a delight to hear that other people feel the same way as me. So reassuring!!!

I think it's really daft when TV Companies do this - their brains are in their wallets!

I can imagine someone rolls off a report with a percentage relating to the amount a customer has returned, HOWEVER I doubt they will compare it with the amount spent, or how long one has been a customer.

If they did, I would hope the returns would be put into prespective - not just based on one figure alone. QVC risk offending lots of customers.

I have nothing against such a letter being sent to people who truly take the mickey - such as returning the crumbs of biscuits or cakes but for those who like Mrs Mills, who use it as a department store** then the right to return shouldn't be questioned.

**QVC have an advert about a woman who can't get to shops becuase she lives so far away from anywhere - then says she can just return them - no problem.

Also, the postage is so high in the first place...surely there is some profit out of that to cover the loss' of returned items??

Nuts!

Wow, QVC endear themselves to me less and less these days! I can't believe they bang on constantly about how easy it is to return something which isn't suitable and then threaten to close a customer account! Plus when it comes to clothes/shoes the presenters often suggest ordering two sizes if you're not sure!!

I'm glad i've found other retailers (far superior) to purchase the items I used to buy from QVC, unless it's something really special then I'm giving them a miss from now on.

I hope you get a good response from trading standards Mrs Mills!

Tx

How can you possibly judge whether an item is suitable until you have it delivered to your home? Bit unrealistic to warn people about their returns - perhaps the presenters should be a bit more truthful about the goods they are selling and give more specific details about them i.e. sizing, weight, etc. Fools!.

I think it's really daft when TV Companies do this - their brains are in their wallets!

I can imagine someone rolls off a report with a percentage relating to the amount a customer has returned, HOWEVER I doubt they will compare it with the amount spent, or how long one has been a customer.

If they did, I would hope the returns would be put into prespective - not just based on one figure alone. QVC risk offending lots of customers.

I have nothing against such a letter being sent to people who truly take the mickey - such as returning the crumbs of biscuits or cakes but for those who like Mrs Mills, who use it as a department store** then the right to return shouldn't be questioned.

**QVC have an advert about a woman who can't get to shops becuase she lives so far away from anywhere - then says she can just return them - no problem.

Also, the postage is so high in the first place...surely there is some profit out of that to cover the loss' of returned items??

Nuts!

Very good point - and that woman is a model. She also appeared several times on beauty day in an evening dress looking in a mirror applying eye cream...

I agree that, if QVC continually push their no-quibble money-back guarantee they have to stand by it. On the other hand, I am sure there are some people (I am not saying anyone around here) that constantly take advantage of it and I suppose they have to keep an eye on it.

This whole issue makes me furious!
QVC, do you have a 30 day, no quibble, money back guarantee, or do you not? It's make your ruddy mind up time! If you do, then what is the problem? If you do not, then please mention this to the presenters who sell things to customers on the basis of "You've got nothing to lose, so why not try it out? If, for whatever reason you don't like it, just send it back to us within 30 days and we will refund your money, no questions asked."
Trading Standards should be involved here and QVC should be made to clarify their position. As far as I'm concerned, they are cheeky gits completely out of touch with the current economic climate.

I need advice about horrid letter threatening to close my account as my returns are slightly above 50%.

James Churchill from the finance dept, tells me this is company policy but I am utterly unaware of this! I have been a member for 10 years and have spent enormous amounts with this company and always supplied detailed feedback on returns.

I am outraged that presenters constantly encourage viewers to try products, seduce us with the promise of "no quibble" returns and yet fail to inform us of this significant element of policy.

I am quivering with rage! Is everyone aware of this policy? Am I just stupid? Has anyone else been threatened in this way? Any advice on what to do next?

I think several people have received this letter in the past.

This is screaming to be brought to the attention of Trading Standards, Watchdog etc.

QVC use the no quibble money back guarantee as a leading promotional tool. They cannot have the penny and the bun.

Either they make it clear that you are allowed to return a percentage of purchases without a problem before you get threatened with account closure or they put their money where their mouth is and shut the *&^$ up!

As far as I'm concerned, they are cheeky gits completely out of touch with the current economic climate.

I think they're completely out of touch with a lot of things. Why you can't have reduced postage for similar items ie jewellery or same brand items that are distributed from the same place, defeats me. You can have a reduction if you order two items exactly the same, why not the same item in a different colour or size? How can that be good business practice?
TFRE2.gif

I imagine they're legally within their rights to refuse an account, or to decline to keep an account open. I wonder, though, what they actually base their '50%' rate on? Is it number of items, or value of goods, or is there some formula based on a number of things? Someone who orders £2000 worth of goods in a year, but returns £300 of smaller items might well breach a 50%-by-items line, where another person who orders £200-worth and sends back £50-worth will not - yet the first customer has spent more money with them.

It's not as if QVC loses money on returned goods. I ordered an AirClimber from an eBay store that purports to sell goods from TV companies. It arrived today, with 'QVC' stamped all over it...and sure enough, when I opened it, there inside the box was the QVC returns label carefully filled in by a customer, saying 'Not suitable'. I did think they might take that out before they sent it to me!

Just for your information, Qvc are also ruled by the distance selling act which gives you the right to return something within seven days and get your postage back, basically because you can't look at the item properly. They don't mention this on screen!!! In saying that I have done it before when something I ordered was not at all like they said and it wasn't easy. I had to ring up and quote the law, basically they make it as hard as possible for you to do it. But they have to let you if you push it.

Just for your information, Qvc are also ruled by the distance selling act which gives you the right to return something within seven days and get your postage back, basically because you can't look at the item properly. They don't mention this on screen!!! In saying that I have done it before when something I ordered was not at all like they said and it wasn't easy. I had to ring up and quote the law, basically they make it as hard as possible for you to do it. But they have to let you if you push it.
sorry, i may be a bit slow here, but does that mean if i return something within 7 days of receipt they have to refund my postage costs from them and to me or just from me and how would i prove the timescales, this is very interesting cos im getting fed up of their excessive pp i had to return a pair of emu boots too big cost £4.95 pp from qvc but only £2.15 to return them!

you know what, with p&p charges mediocre prensentations, lack od interesting new products, credit crunch and so on, i simply cannot be faffed with qvc anymore.

yeah the flog the 30 day mbg to death but i cannot be assed anymore i cannot think of anything i 'need' from qvc these days, they have had there lot from me.

stuff 'em and there p&p charges and all the lot of it.

i feel sad for the ones who are housebound or elderly and rely on qvc, well qvc take your bullying letters and your artifically inflated prices and your p&p and why not recycle them into FREE P&P for pensioners and genuine housebound, and i think alot off us pee'd of customers my find our faith restored.

me, i have had a belly full of exclusive, literally, yeah yeah yeah actully, celeb following ml for ml value here on QVC THE SHOPPING CHANNEL

you might be interested in this link.

http://www.smartfocus.com/Customers/QVCCaseStudy/tabid/328/Default.aspx

i wonder what 'band' they have me in, i can tell them D for disillusioned

sorry rant over, plus rofl i have not had the letter

Very funny. I wonder what the US viewers would make of our presenters!
I'm sure they would be very vocal about a few of them I can think of!
So as Mr Brown keeps telling us it is a GLOBAL problem!

Thank-you iamsmall. Not only do I agree with you, but you also made me laugh. I am determined to follow through with trading standards, and have also penned letters of complaint to both the finance and managing directors. Perhaps this is naive but I am truly saddened, disappointed and somewhat betrayed by QVC and feel unable to continue as a customer.

Someone in QVC wants their bumps examining.

[It may be James Churchill, assuming he actually exists, and isn't just some made-up name they hide behind.]

QVC is surely missing the point - entirely.

In our Mrs Mills' case, for example, they have a customer who is happy with their purchases 50% of the time.
That's pretty good going, especially for distance selling.

What QVC *should* be doing is to find out just what they're doing wrong, so that they can increase customer satisfaction.

Instead, they are shifting the blame entirely on to the shoulders of their customers, making us feel alienated, and far less likely to order anything in future. :11:

Great thinking, QVC. :33: :confused: Now think again. And keep thinking ... :rolleyes:

I think many of us on here are pretty disillusioned with QVC.
QVC have only really done one good thing for me -that's find this forum via google when trying to find out when a molton brown tsv was going to be on years ago!

Maybe QVC really stands for Quietly victimizing customers!

Latest posts

Back