Do you know about this?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

given QVC the boot

I too had the letter telling me off for sending back apparently over 30%, I was furious, rang and spoke to some flustered man in the dept and said if he cared to look most were actually sent back for being damaged, usually last clicks, ring with a crack, no fewer than 4 Joan rivers items that had damaged boxes, one even had 'returned' written on it, proof how sloppy they are, and many others along with several wrong items.
Cheeky devil then said they would put a note on my account to randomly check my items before despatch as it seemed I had alot of faulty items!!!! In other words you must tamper with them, to which I reminded him what on earth would be the point as I am gaining nothing and could as advertised send back 100% of the stuff IF I wanted to .
I resigned to myself that QVC can get knotted, Tsv's have not been great for months, postage is bonkers and they won't even relent if you order 2 of the same items in say different colours they have to be the same.
To cap it all I sent back two items in early december (the last) a Dreamkeeper top that was so creased and velvet so hard to iron and a silver bracelet that had the end seperate in the box, I even asked for a replacement for the bracelet as it was nice and waited and waited, I thought I would beat the Post christmas return boom but did not recieve one and my money did not go back in my account for just under 5 weeks!! I sent them both first class and to add insult they didn't even give me back the original postage let alone what it cost me to send them.

I decided to look for the 'policy statement,' some of which was quoted in the second post of this thread, by sued. Although I knew what I was looking for, thanks to her post, it wasn't easy to find ........ somewhat 'hidden' in my opinion. And how many of us do spend time rootling about on a site, looking the hidden catch, when we are being told that we can send back anything that isn't suitable? I certainly don't!

And I don't remember getting details of their returns policy when I received my QVC welcome pack either.

And what about those QVC members who haven't got a computer and therefore haven't got access to the 'small print?'

To be honest, policy or not, it's 'nit-picking' to single out a few customers who have simply taken advantage of their "you can send it back within 30 days" promise. And with the millions of pounds they must rake in, is it really such a problem to process returns without a fuss and without picking on loyal customers?

I really hope that Trading Standards come up trumps for you, Mrs. Mills. It's about time these big organisations were 'taken on' for the things they say.

Power to the shopper is what I say!

sorry, i may be a bit slow here, but does that mean if i return something within 7 days of receipt they have to refund my postage costs from them and to me or just from me and how would i prove the timescales, this is very interesting cos im getting fed up of their excessive pp i had to return a pair of emu boots too big cost £4.95 pp from qvc but only £2.15 to return them!

You can cancel your contract within 7 working days after the day of delivery, you are enitled to the item cost + postage paid back but you have to pay the return cost yourself.

I've had the letter - called them up an explained that they never put ingredients for skincare on the website and so as i have very sensitive skin if i react to something I send it back or read the ingredient listing and send it back before trying. I've also sent back something that was sent in error and something that was out of date (beauty product).

I just said that I'd carry on and think more carefully about buying anything in future. I've gne onto buy and return other things and haven't had another letter since.

if i like something I'll keep it but if it doesn't live up to the hype that they deliver during shows etc then I don't hesitate to send something back.

If they don't like people returning items for genuine reasons then they shouldn't have the 30day MBG.

You can cancel your contract within 7 working days after the day of delivery, you are enitled to the item cost + postage paid back but you have to pay the return cost yourself.

That's interesting because I've actually tried to cancel orders that were on waitlist and been told the item is too far along in the process to be cancelled. And that's before I've even received it.

anather thing qvc can do to avoid returns is to state on air fabric compostions of garments and for some beauty items some of the main active ingredients. some of the presenters spend so much time talking about the celebrity rather than giving the customer real facts on the products. they can spend say 20 mins talking irrevelent tosh and you are none the wiser about the content of an item. poor presenting and even worse information.

In our Mrs Mills' case, for example, they have a customer who is happy with their purchases 50% of the time.
That's pretty good going, especially for distance selling.

What QVC *should* be doing is to find out just what they're doing wrong, so that they can increase customer satisfaction.

:

Now they're going to lose the other 50% too. QVC should send out a questionnaire to all their customers asking us exactly what we want from them. If they can't deliver at least they'll know why they're losing customers.

I've had the letter - called them up an explained that they never put ingredients for skincare on the website and so as i have very sensitive skin if i react to something I send it back or read the ingredient listing and send it back before trying. I've also sent back something that was sent in error and something that was out of date (beauty product).

I just said that I'd carry on and think more carefully about buying anything in future. I've gne onto buy and return other things and haven't had another letter since.

if i like something I'll keep it but if it doesn't live up to the hype that they deliver during shows etc then I don't hesitate to send something back.

If they don't like people returning items for genuine reasons then they shouldn't have the 30day MBG.

Really good point about the skincare. The CS are no use on this either and for one Decleor TSV a while back I even rang Decleor - gave up at third phone number - to ask if mineral oils were added to their moisturisers - they couldn't tell me - just said 'we think in some of them...'

Really good point about the skincare. The CS are no use on this either and for one Decleor TSV a while back I even rang Decleor - gave up at third phone number - to ask if mineral oils were added to their moisturisers - they couldn't tell me - just said 'we think in some of them...'

They are rubbish with this - I've asked a number of times - the SBC collagen serum was an interesting one - they just couldn't answer if it was plant or animal collagen.

I am amazed that such a big company doesn't hold such information.

with regards to the collagen its plant collagen. its so hard to glean any real info anymore as too much time is taken up with gobbledegook.you have to sort the sense from the nonsense and that can be quite tiring.

with regards to the collagen its plant collagen. its so hard to glean any real info anymore as too much time is taken up with gobbledegook.you have to sort the sense from the nonsense and that can be quite tiring.

Hiya boffy
Ooooo it isn't its collagen from fish - the sbc websoite told me eventually. I wouldn't buy it because of that.

Oh no! I assumed it was plant collagen too. I'm vegetarian and where possible try and avoid products with animal ingredients (which is why I like A'kin so much) so I guess I'll be binning my collagen gel when I go home then! It was the one moisturiser I could use on my chest too without breaking out.

grr...

Tx

Oh no! I assumed it was plant collagen too. I'm vegetarian and where possible try and avoid products with animal ingredients (which is why I like A'kin so much) so I guess I'll be binning my collagen gel when I go home then! It was the one moisturiser I could use on my chest too without breaking out.

grr...

Tx

Sorry - I must clarify I don't know about the collagen gel - i'm referring to the new collagen serum -that is the one that contains collagen dervied from fish - sorry

holy mackeral. they wouldnt tell us that amid all the crap they say. pissing fish collagen. i am not amused. how dare they not tell people. i am so angry. i use the collagen gel now i will think twice about using anything from this range and some of the others.

Hi all, I too have just received this letter in the post telling me off for returning 57% of my orders, and threatening to close my account if I do not keep within the 50% bracket!!
I am totally disgusted as I've been a customer for over 8 years now and spent - well it must be thousands of pounds with them over that time!!

I was called last year regarding my returns to which I did tell them that the majority of the items were damaged, faulty etc and yes, some of the things were due to the fact I had changed my mind or didn't like them or caused reactions, but as the presenters say order whatever you like and return it if is doesn't meet your expectations.

TBH I don't use QVC that often now as they are not good value, and I can find cheaper on E-Bay or Salon Skincare with FREE postage, and I've cut down to almost no purchases from them since the last LE TSV, so if they want to close my account then feel free as far as I'm concerned but they should tell presenters to cut down on the pushing of the 30 day MBG if they don't want returns to be made!! and send out letters to all customers explaining the new 50% rule!

I have however returned a purse to them today after getting this letter, out of spite as I'm dammed if they are having £48.00 of my hard earned wages if they don't appreciate it!!

I'm afraid QVC will cut of their nose to spite their face in these credit crunch times as they will loose alot of their loyal long standing cutomers with this type of behaviour, but it's their loss as far as I'm concerened!

Sorry - I must clarify I don't know about the collagen gel - i'm referring to the new collagen serum -that is the one that contains collagen dervied from fish - sorry

Seems likely though doesn't it so thanks for bringing this to my attention! And to think I was tempted by the TSV this morning as I fancied trying the collagen cleanser and serum! :11: I'm sure some of the other products I have already aren't 100% vegetarian but as I replace used up products I'm checking to make sure new stuff I buy is veggie.

Sorry- can someone explain if I would easily know from a label that a substance is animal or plant derived? Do they use obvious terms or is it hidden behind a fancy name?

Ta.

Latest posts

Back