Disgusting Returns that appear in the outlet stores

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wonder if it isn't a society thing!...where as some of us who are decent, working people are seen as ~easy pickings~ for being told there will be NO refunds, goes with anything in life, in any shop...but others in our community get away with ~murder~..was in a famous department store when one ~lady~ ( I use the term lightly) took the disgusting, dirty, worn sandles from her feet at the returns counter!!!!! :eek: :eek: and handed them over for a refund, becoming quite verbal when questioned about age of them...the staff member took them very gingerly with one finger through the heel bar and just handed over a voucher after a short discussion with manager ...can tell you all us waiting in line were in shock :mad:...how many of us would never in a million years even attempt this (shoes never getting in that state to start with) ..or in trying, would just have walked away red faced at being questioned and refused totally any refund :confused:

daydreamer

I did tell hubby about the Warrington outlet a bit ago and he agreed to go some time. I'm thinking it may not be such a good idea now. I can just see my Outlaws face if I ended up buying them a Christmas present there and it was one of the very dodgy returns by mistake. :eek:

I do wonder why they let the stuff to be put back on sale at any price. If more QVC viewers saw the stuff on sale there I think it would only encourage more people to send back items they weren't 100% happy with.

A friend of mine once returned a pair of 10+ year old M&S trousers for a refund - she had recently purchased a new pair to replace the old pair and she forgot to chuck the old pair out, came across them and thinking they were her new pair, promptly went to M&S and demanded a refund because they were obviously not of a good quality. After a bit of an argument, she did get a voucher ... about a week later she found her new pair and realised it was her old pair she'd taken back to M&S and, needless to say, felt rather sheepish and embarrassed!

To be fair, the design of the fabric COULD have been the reason why the offending 'extra' had gone unnoticed. I always inspect everything for staining, marks, flaws etc and happened to look inside the trousers, as it was obvious the pyjamas had been washed and returned.

But that beggars the question, should anything that's been worn directly under another woman's bare fandango be re-sold at all?

To be fair, the design of the fabric COULD have been the reason why the offending 'extra' had gone unnoticed. I always inspect everything for staining, marks, flaws etc and happened to look inside the trousers, as it was obvious the pyjamas had been washed and returned.

But that beggars the question, should anything that's been worn directly under another woman's bare fandango be re-sold at all?

Could be that it would not occur to QVC that anyone would do anything quite so gross in the first place. When you try on swim wear there is usually a sticker over the gusset area stating that when trying on, under garments ie your knickers have to remain on. I really think that QVC should consider a paper sticker stating that this has to remain on when trying on the garment for size and underwear too and no refund will be given if the sticker is removed and you then change your mind.

The shame of it is that incidences like this spoil it for people, had this been my first experience of the outlet store, I would have run off swearing I'd never set foot in one again. I have seen quite a few things IMHO that should not be resold for various reasons but nothing so disgusting as this. Fact is, you as a buyer have to check what you are buying if you can before you buy it and if thats not possible, check it out in the car before you go home, or in the cafe area while sampling a cuppa. There are bargains to be had but buyer beware, you may be lucky and buy something thats an end of line and never been out of its box and perfect.

i have seen some stuff there that really should not of been there, but that is awful how could anyone feel comfortable about sending something back with stains on.

While I'm not saying that any of this is right, QVC DO say that you can try things out, use them and then send them back if they don't suit for ANY reason. Surely it is not the person who sends it back's fault that QVC then try to recoup their costs by re-selling things? If you wear something and then wash it and it changes shape or whatever you are going to send it back. QVC don't say -30 day MBG so we can re-sell it' so if they are finding this is costing them too much money then they need to change their terms. Other shopping channels say you have to return things unworn/unopened etc, as do catalogues. So QVC either need to do the same or accept that they are going to lose money on stuff.

Just my 2p's worth :D!

That really is disgusting. QVC shouldn't encourage people to return items that have been worn. I got told once on the phone that used returns were disposed of. Now we know where!!

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm going to ask this after all these tales of horror, but I didn't realise that there were any QVC outlet stores (I'm new here!), so could someone please let me know where they are?

Whilst I think about it, I think I have a tale of horror of my own to rival these & it wasn't even in an outlet store, but in a brand new TSV. It was a Clientele TSV that came with a white facial exfoliating sponge that had these grey little strands in it that I thought were natural fibres or something... Then a few days later I thought I saw one of them move! My boyfriend said I was seeing things, but I half destroyed the sponge with tweezers to get at one of these strands & yep, it wriggled! :eek:

Could be that it would not occur to QVC that anyone would do anything quite so gross in the first place. When you try on swim wear there is usually a sticker over the gusset area stating that when trying on, under garments ie your knickers have to remain on. I really think that QVC should consider a paper sticker stating that this has to remain on when trying on the garment for size and underwear too and no refund will be given if the sticker is removed and you then change your mind.

The shame of it is that incidences like this spoil it for people, had this been my first experience of the outlet store, I would have run off swearing I'd never set foot in one again. I have seen quite a few things IMHO that should not be resold for various reasons but nothing so disgusting as this. Fact is, you as a buyer have to check what you are buying if you can before you buy it and if thats not possible, check it out in the car before you go home, or in the cafe area while sampling a cuppa. There are bargains to be had but buyer beware, you may be lucky and buy something thats an end of line and never been out of its box and perfect.

Great answer! I so agree with the sticker idea! And, yes, at the outlet store check out the stuff first, and remember there may just be that pearl amongst the ashes!!

Presumably you pointed this out to the staff while you were there?

If not, I hope no one bought the item without properly inspecting it.

Actually I did not get the chance, because a nasty woman I would have pointed the stain out to muscled in and threw the pyjamas in her trolley without even looking at the size, along with several others. While I don't begrudge anyone else bagging a bargain, there was no need for the way she spoke to me, so I say on her head be it, he who laughs last laughs longest.

Actually I did not get the chance, because a nasty woman I would have pointed the stain out to muscled in and threw the pyjamas in her trolley without even looking at the size, along with several others. While I don't begrudge anyone else bagging a bargain, there was no need for the way she spoke to me, so I say on her head be it, he who laughs last laughs longest.

I think that's called Karma :D

They'll probably be on ebay now.

I find it hilarious the amount of ex-QVC stuff for sale on ebay now, most of it Kim & Co and Indigo Moon!!

With any luck, they are the same ones she posted back - and she'd getting back her own crud! Well' we can open can't we!:D

I agree Miriam.

I would have taken them to a member of staff, and say something along the lines of ' I don't know if you've noticed this...'.

As I would not want someone else buying them, as they may not have noticed.

I agree Miriam.

I would have taken them to a member of staff, and say something along the lines of ' I don't know if you've noticed this...'.

As I would not want someone else buying them, as they may not have noticed.

Had not that woman pushed me out of the way, having grabbed the pyjamas, I would have pointed out to the staff about the staining. As things stood, I'd say sos her right, on your own head be it, let her belly ache to the outlet staff about her being 'sold' something stained, just hope someone does not buy the jim jams thinking they have got a bargain on e bay and she has passed on something disgusting. The fact that she was throwing all these items in the trolley without even looking at the sizes, leads me to believe that she was going to flog them on e bay.

Last edited:
In the past, i have had a return item from Casual and co sent out to me that was covered in cat hair and where it was sealed down had long hairs on the sticky part and it smelled of wee.:eek:

Latest posts

Back