Did I hear right ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like I have admitted once before, they can be useful for people in wheelchairs, or having to walk with sticks etc, because they are light and be worn across the body, but I just cannot understand that woman having so many of them:sad:
And Kipling are cashing on people like her, and the prices are atrocious !!

Kipling Art 25year Travel Tote Bag.......£106 +£4.95 :eek:
The trimming are only faux leather!!

Kipling Coated Canvas Alessa Shoulder Bag
£106 +£5.95 P&P

Kipling Art Medium Travel Tote Bag

QVC Price:

£85.50

P&P: £5.95:eek:

I suppose that caller will be adding these to her collection, canvas bags which are are over priced............why are these so expensive??:sad:

I sent for a leather Kipling, when it came, it did not have any wow factor at all and to top it, it came with scratches....It went back!

Good grief we have a Reindeer monkey now.

£18 for an unattractive red furry monkey

in kiplings favour the bags are strong and very well made. never had a zip go or stitches pull out. my favourites are black i get fed up of the prints/colours very easily. my lux leather bags in wet weather and constant use looked awfull after a couple of years constant use. and cost hundreds of pounds.

However good something is no one needs more than a few. I do feel sorry for the caller, QVC call ins do get this unfiltered madness coming through sometimes. Not really saying the caller is mad, just has this area of her life out of control and needs help. I don't know what was said on the show but they shouldn't try and pass things like this off as 'oh, that shows how great the bags are' and pretending that it is acceptable.

However good something is no one needs more than a few. I do feel sorry for the caller, QVC call ins do get this unfiltered madness coming through sometimes. Not really saying the caller is mad, just has this area of her life out of control and needs help. I don't know what was said on the show but they shouldn't try and pass things like this off as 'oh, that shows how great the bags are' and pretending that it is acceptable.

yes i was wondering what comments were made as well. i know if the call's live it's not their faul what's said but they certainly shouldn't condone something like that.

regarding the 'can you beat that' comment, i have seen presenters (not debbie) issue a challenge to viewers when a T caller has said they have 500 eek rings , 30 basso coats or whatever, several times.

the green one looked like you'd get in the pound shop. loose threads hanging and a big gob of glue on view where the candy cane was stuck on. even more of a rip off than the bags.

I like them as work bags, I have to cart a lot of stuff about for work and do home visits too and sometimes to homes that are not as clean as they could be so having a light, washable bag with lots of organisation is good what I want in my working life.

I work in mental health so could post at length on the variety of reasons why someone might compulsively shop, too tired and have had a tough day today so won't do this. It does make me sad tho that they encourage people to ring in and say how many bags they own, almost normalises the extreme end of shopping

I like them as work bags, I have to cart a lot of stuff about for work and do home visits too and sometimes to homes that are not as clean as they could be so having a light, washable bag with lots of organisation is good what I want in my working life.

I work in mental health so could post at length on the variety of reasons why someone might compulsively shop, too tired and have had a tough day today so won't do this. It does make me sad tho that they encourage people to ring in and say how many bags they own, almost normalises the extreme end of shopping

Anything that's designed by someone is designer to me.
I am wearing a designer top today. Designed by George from the fashion house of Asda
Ah like myself LE Lover, Im the supermarket queen these days and proud of it. I've put a wee bit of weight on recently which I intend losing, so dont want to buy anything expensive. Though must admit I love my Diane Gilman jeans ;-)

I really don't think your choice of bag necessarily goes with your profession. I am cured of the obsession I had with very expensive designer bags when I was in my late 20's. I loved the slouchy styles over the structured, and I really don't think Lulu Guinness bags are particularly nice, because they are not to my taste and I have never been tempted to buy one. I am a professional, a solicitor who goes to court wearing a suit from M&S or next, or even a dress I bought from Q with a tailored black jacket. My work clothes are like a uniform, as long as I look smart I begrudge paying through the nose for my work clothes. They are not indicative of me as a person at all, I wear them because I am expected to.

I carry a bag from M&S or occasionally my Tignanello red one, the one with candy stripe lining in a bucket style. It's red and gives a bit of colour to my otherwise dull black or navy suit.

When I get home, I will sometimes use a kipling bag. Until Lulu Guinness does a bag that will be lightweight, that I can wear accross body whilst pushing a tandem buggy complete with baby and toddler, that can hold a nappy for 2 children, a bottle, cup of water, change of clothes for 2 children, wipes, small toy for 2 children, calpol sachets,, AND all of the crap I usually carry for ME, then I think I will stick to my defea!

I know Kiplings are not beautiful but they are designed to perfection. When it comes to bags, it's function and organisation that presses my buttons, not looks.

It depends on your lifestyle, but I really haven't changed much. Although I used to own designer bags I still had a kipling, even before the children came along. Once they did I kept the kipling but flogged the Chloe's. One day I may treat myself again, but it would have to have the perfect design for function rather than just be pretty.

Last edited:
I heard one of the callers say that they had 493 bags too.... I could not believe it, my eyes nearly popped out of head lol...I really cannot understand how someone can have that many bags - how on earth does she get to use them all!
Now, I actually like some of the Kipling bags BUT I only have 5 - 2 in leather (one is very small and a going out bag), 2 x from the basic range (1 is a 'teddy' bag and I use it for holidays) and 1 x a cross body 'city' range bag that is lacquered. I like Kipling because of their lightness and organisation however, that said, they can look very casual and very samey. My Son also had a messenger style bag that has seen him all through 3 years of college and 3 years of university and goes everywhere with him and still looks as good as new as the basic range can be washed. Also the great thing about them is that they can be squished up and stored in a small box. My hubby hates them though and bought me a lovely leather Radley last year that I love to use (using it now), however, it is a lot heavier than Kipling, but does look so much nicer on the shoulder. I also have a Tignanello bag in leather which is also great.

I heard this and couldn't get my head round why you'd do that. There is no other explanation other than its obsessive compulsive behaviour. Where on earth would you keep them - yes I know that fold up neatly and they weight next to nothing, but how would you enjoy owning them?
Whats probably sadder than having bought 493 is the fact that she knows she has exactly 493 - who counts?

My first Kipling was an like an Eldorado, tsv £22 many years ago. I've said this before on here and I'll say it again, when it first arrived I was so let down by it, it looked pathetic but I gave it go and liked it, then I got another more suited and passed my first one on to my best friend and she still uses it! Loves it to pieces and it still looks the same as the day I brought it. I have 3 now, had another I left near a candle while visiting and melted the strap so in around 8 years (I think!) I've had 4. Happy with that.

I heard this and couldn't get my head round why you'd do that. There is no other explanation other than its obsessive compulsive behaviour. Where on earth would you keep them - yes I know that fold up neatly and they weight next to nothing, but how would you enjoy owning them?
Whats probably sadder than having bought 493 is the fact that she knows she has exactly 493 - who counts?

If it is OCD related, they quite possibly don't necessarily enjoy them as such, (in the sense that most people buying bags would, i.e. using them!); the compulsion & drive to continue, having started 'collecting' something, may simply be in obtaining one of every style, in every colour. Such people may then be too afraid to 'enjoy' their collection, as it is not yet 'complete' &/or they are afraid of 'spoiling' one or more of them, in which case the 'collection' itself would then be ruined.
(They may initially have every intention of using & 'enjoying' them all but it often ends up as above in RL.)

I really don't think your choice of bag necessarily goes with your profession. I am a professional, a solicitor who goes to court wearing a suit from M&S or next, or even a dress I bought from Q with a tailored black jacket. My work clothes are like a uniform, as long as I look smart I begrudge paying through the nose for my work clothes. They are not indicative of me as a person at all, I wear them because I am expected to.
I know Kiplings are not beautiful but they are designed to perfection.

I loved this post and absolutely agree, that's my attitude to my work clothes and I do the same with a Q or M&S dress with a jacket or Kim & Co edge to edge cardi over the top. I love Radley bags but a lot of the time I carry a Kipling as they are so practical and light for travelling.

Latest posts

Back