Did I hear right ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I quite agree. Any normal person would have a much lower 'cut off' point eg when you say I don't need another 'blue' Kipling or I have a bag like that already.
I love my handbags (not Kipling) but I know when I don't need another as its too close to another I already have
I think this person (if it's true as it might just be someone wanting their attention) may also have an almighty amount of debt. That many bags smacks of credit cards and debt so it's all rather sad

At least she's got lots of especially designed pockets in her bags to store all her credit cards.

I must be the only one who does not understand the popularity of these awful bags.
Lynn

I like them because they're light, you can get loads in them, and you don't need to be careful with them, and they
have loads of organisation which is great when you're searching for your phone, etc etc. And you can wash them

Its a form of OCD(not all hand washing and turning the lights on and off).

I just hope she has not gotten into debit for her habit.

I have six Kipling bags, either the City range or the Diva.

You've said it all SparklyBarbs! I wouldn't be without my Kipling bags - I've got 4, all with the long adjustable strap so they can be cross body when I want them to be: 2 for summer in bright patterns /2 for winter 1 black 1 brown (handy to have 2 for each season so that 1 can be in the wash and 1 in use). They're also waterproof: I've got caught in pretty strong rain at times and everything stays dry inside the bag.

just got an e-mail from qvc regarding christmas gifts i said something very uncouth to the laptop lol. my daughters are getting a £10 gift slippers or if they prefer the £10. my friends are getting some l'occitane from my stash. all the daft money will be spent on a holiday early next year (booked) i prefer that to buying loads of tat!

I must be the only one who does not understand the popularity of these awful bags.
Lynn

Nope. Me neither :confused:

Ets - I can understand the practicality but they're not very attractive or glamorous! But that's just me. We all have different tastes. I like my bags to be a thing of beauty :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I have three Kipling bags a city one in glazed material that I'm using every day (half price in the sale), a cross body one that's useful for days out (Javari so not full price) and a big brown leather one (Javari in the sale). I really like them but have removed the furry monkey from one whilst keeping the metal monkeys on the other two. However I've no desire to buy dozens of them and I do agree that having 493 is some sort of obsession.

I can understand the practicality of owning a Kipling but they`re not a bag I`d like to own more than one of. I daresay they`re a godsend for people who want something light and roomy to carry loads of stuff around, in fact I once bought my daughter in law one when the kids were tiny and she loved it because she could fit in nappies, drinks, wet wipes etc plus her own personal stuff. Kipling are like Emus, not elegant nor particularly attractive but serve a purpose and there are times when we all need practicality over looks. I don`t own a Kipling because I`m one of those people who can`t resist filling a bag to capacity with " just in case " items, the bigger the bag then the more junk I carry around so I try to avoid bags with pockets and flaps.

i like them. i dress smart casual and they suit most of my everyday clothes. i used to buy very expensive leather bags but i dont dress that way anymore and a smart kipling bag looks lovely, easy to wash and keep clean and most of all lightweight

Nope. Me neither :confused:

Ets - I can understand the practicality but they're not very attractive or glamorous! But that's just me. We all have different tastes. I like my bags to be a thing of beauty :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I think a lot has to do with where you work. Some of you are professional woman and the expensive bags complete your work style and outfits, which is right, but for someone like me, whose bag is stuffed in a locker, kipling is ideal. I used to have 2 Lulu bags and sold them. I just don't go anywhere that i would use them enough to justify those prices. I would still buy a Lulu bag but never full price, after seeing the sale. And i do have a couple of Tig bags that i use, but the kipling just suits my lifestyle i suppose.

So how many Kiplings to the Guiness? I mean how many Kiplings can you buy for one LG.

My Lulu bags were £300.00 each, now sold, and lost out on, but i learnt from it. Lulu in sale can go down to 50% to
70% off, which is great bargain. Never knew about it before, silly me

But SparlyBarbs does that mean Kiplings do not have a good second hand price because they are not designer? What will happen to the poor woman's collection?

So how many Kiplings to the Guiness? I mean how many Kiplings can you buy for one LG.

It depends if you are buying at full price and which ones you pick. I have one LG which was about £125 after being reduced by 70% and likewise I didn't pay full price for any of my Kiplings (skinflint!). I do think Kiplings are expensive at full price but there are bargains if you shop around. I think saying that Kipling bags are unattractive is a bit of a sweeping generalisation although there are some styles I don't like, personally I'm not keen on the ones with "boxy" pockets on the outside. I think it does depend on your personal style and the occasion so really it's just horses for courses.

But SparlyBarbs does that mean Kiplings do not have a good second hand price because they are not designer? What will happen to the poor woman's collection?
Apparently Kipling are designer, not on the same scale as Lulu, but they do keep their prices. A lot of people do sell them on e bay. I don't think the poor woman would think about selling any of hers, she seems to collect them and will probably continue to do so, unfortunately :(

Anything that's designed by someone is designer to me.
I am wearing a designer top today. Designed by George from the fashion house of Asda

I love handbags ... and shoes and jewellery ... but I cannot imagine owning 493 handbags. That's just bizarre. I think I've probably got about 30 and that's more than enough.

And the other thing. Why would you count them?? Once you past 10 or 15 they all blur a bit. I've said 30 but I've never counted them. It's very odd altogether.

Whenever I hear t callers saying they have such a huge quantity of anything, be it bags or diamnonique etc, I feel kind of sad. I also think the presenters are both shocked and maybe horrified but of course, they cant say that. I now have 6 steam cleaners, 6 vacs etc. Down to cleaning obsession as much as tv shopping addiction, but I am trying to keep it in check. Its so easy to get caught up in buying, as so many t callers with their vast quantities are proof of.

Latest posts

Back