Did I hear right ??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

madmax

Registered Shopper
I was watching the Kippling TSV at midnight and they had a T caller who was getting the TSV for Christmas loved loved loved them etc.
But when asked if it was her first purchase or did she already have a Kippling she said that this was her 493rd. Even the nice lady who demonstrates the bags looked a bit shocked.
Why would you need that many of any bag Kippling or not. I did a quick estimate that if on average she paid £25.00 for each then she has spent £12,325 on Kippling bags over the years.
More money than senses if you ask me.

Yes I heard that comment in the repeat hour.I have a few but NOWHERE near that amount!! That is completely OTT, it is her money to spend but I can think of plenty of other things to spend my cash on.In these days of austerity I would keep quiet about a fact like this not broadcast on telly!

That's a different handbag for each day of the year with spares. I don't get it.
(sneaks off to count numerous lipglosses, moisturisers etc) Me a hypocrite never

Hi,

my hubby has an aunt who collects empty cereal boxes.

Its quite difficult to navigate round her house because of them.

However, they are free (or almost).
And we don't necessarily class her as the full picnic....

That t-caller must have plenty of storage!

If you had that money I can think of plenty of other handbags I would prefer to Kipling.

Cheers,
karen

£12,000 not so long ago you could buy a house with that money. home shopping channels have a lot to answer for lol

When I hear things like this it actually saddens me. To have 493 of anything shows how much we`ve become a consumer society. Yep I`m as guilty as the next person when it comes to buying things but have never done it to that extent.
I envy people who are content with what they have in life and don`t feel the need to buy "stuff". Or those people who can go into Superdrug and come out with basic named brands of toiletries and makeup and not feel the need to spend a fortune on one item. I`m working on it and trying to settle for what I actually need instead of what I want in life.

These people are ill. We should feel sorry for them.

Yes you're totally right Burly. Its the same with the people who have their houses full of different things.
Its actually a mental illness. They need help, but don't realise it

Puts my 3 Kiplings to shame!
They are handy bags to have but you really don't need more than 1 (or one in each size like me) as they are all the same really. They have a few basic shapes, a few different style of pockets (one with velcro flap, one with diagonal zip etc) then they put them together in different combinations (like lego) add a monkey, a key fob and hey presto!... the latest style of the season. Just produce different shades of colour every season, invent a "print" to use up the dye malfuctions or the "seconds" batch of fabric and you have a cheap, high profit, low outlay formula. The person who came up with that idea is a business genius.

Puts my 3 Kiplings to shame!
They are handy bags to have but you really don't need more than 1 (or one in each size like me) as they are all the same really. They have a few basic shapes, a few different style of pockets (one with velcro flap, one with diagonal zip etc) then they put them together in different combinations (like lego) add a monkey, a key fob and hey presto!... the latest style of the season. Just produce different shades of colour every season, invent a "print" to use up the dye malfuctions or the "seconds" batch of fabric and you have a cheap, high profit, low outlay formula. The person who came up with that idea is a business genius.
And then the leather one you lust after :)

When I hear things like this it actually saddens me. To have 493 of anything shows how much we`ve become a consumer society. Yep I`m as guilty as the next person when it comes to buying things but have never done it to that extent.
I envy people who are content with what they have in life and don`t feel the need to buy "stuff". Or those people who can go into Superdrug and come out with basic named brands of toiletries and makeup and not feel the need to spend a fortune on one item. I`m working on it and trying to settle for what I actually need instead of what I want in life.

Hear hear!! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Couldn't agree more Vienna. I know we all have free choice but, as Boffy said, shopping channels do have alot to answer for in selling us a lifestyle - lets face it, they are very very good at it!!

And then the leather one you lust after :)

Guilty as charged! But does it count if it's a leather version of the Defea (which I already have....?) For some reason no key fob on the leather ones apparently.

I will have to wait for my birthday. I have no idea where my husband has hidden it!

Hmmm. Do you think they will ever do a leather version of the large fairfax? I may succumb to that if they did. Just no more nylon ones for me.

Guilty as charged! But does it count if it's a leather version of the Defea (which I already have....?) For some reason no key fob on the leather ones apparently.

I will have to wait for my birthday. I have no idea where my husband has hidden it!

Hmmm. Do you think they will ever do a leather version of the large fairfax? I may succumb to that if they did. Just no more nylon ones for me.

Think leather is the way to go. Only so many nylon ones you can have. I have about 3 and want a cross body one for work. They're great to shove in your locker and you can wash them. The defea is really lovely in leather, and i'd have searched and searched until i found it. I don't think they bring many leather ones to QVC. They stick with what sells , unfortunately. Leather on 4 easy pays LOL

Think leather is the way to go. Only so many nylon ones you can have. I have about 3 and want a cross body one for work. They're great to shove in your locker and you can wash them. The defea is really lovely in leather, and i'd have searched and searched until i found it. I don't think they bring many leather ones to QVC. They stick with what sells , unfortunately. Leather on 4 easy pays LOL
I have a few kipling bags, my favourite currently is the Madelen, really nice to use and has a really long strap for cross body. I'm liking the sound of a leather Defea. I have a fushia pink one, holds loads. I think some years back QVC did do a leather kipling tsv in quite nice colours too, not sure what it was called but a bit expensive for me at the time. Yes Sparklybarbs I will second the vote for a leather defea on 4 EP's, if you dont mind QVC, pretty please.

These people are ill. We should feel sorry for them.

I quite agree. Any normal person would have a much lower 'cut off' point eg when you say I don't need another 'blue' Kipling or I have a bag like that already.
I love my handbags (not Kipling) but I know when I don't need another as its too close to another I already have
I think this person (if it's true as it might just be someone wanting their attention) may also have an almighty amount of debt. That many bags smacks of credit cards and debt so it's all rather sad

Latest posts

Back