Did I hear Pippa correctly

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bags

Registered Shopper
I know Pippa said she'd hard drived the cutting open of the animals to watch later.
But did she say she'd been watching them with her 4 and 5 yr old children ?

:thinking2:

I know Pippa said she'd hard drived the cutting open of the animals to watch later.
But did she say she'd been watching them with her 4 and 5 yr old children ?

:thinking2:

yiikeyiikeyiike Cutting open of animals?

even i blinked a bit when she was saying how fascinating it was to see a whale's guts spill out over the floor (yes i'm paraphrasing but thats essentially what she said).

mind you, nice change to hear something genuine on qvc

what is wrong with seeing spilt gut? they will hardly become savages! lol

Saw a little bit of a programme earlier,not sure which channel, and they were dissecting a giraffes neck.

what is wrong with seeing spilt gut? they will hardly become savages! lol

nothing, but it was tea time and she said " i'll not go inton detail becuase you'll be eating" and then went on to say how she had seen a man cut a whales belly open and the entire contents of its gut spill out over the floor. it was very un-QVC

Why were they cutting open animals? i'd be much more inclined to watch if they were cutting open QVC presenters - yeah, yeah, yeah.

It was actually a fascinating programme (the one with the whale).

Can't say it appealed to me. Not for any squeamish reasons nor because it's animals but it just seems a bit pointless watching giraffes being chopped up.
Everyone's different I spose.

maybe that's what happened to Daniel Green. i imagine a little hidden nursery, at QVC towers, where they 'educate' the presenters' children to prepare them for the harsh realities of live tv :giggle:

The programme is called 'Inside Nature's Giants'.I found it fascinating.

It ran over four weeks,first week they did an elephant,next a whale,the next a crocodile,then lastly a giraffe.

I have to say even though i'm a vegetarian,when they were cutting open that giraffe I thought"what exceptionally good looking meat".

Must be all those acacia leaves they eat.:grin:

Glad Pipa enjoyed the show and I don't think there's anything wrong with letting your children watch it,if anything it might give them a better appreciation for their own innards.

I saw the one on the crocodile. useful for vet students I suppose. Not sure who else.
Think it would be better if they showed the animals that most people eat. If people eat meat - I do - I think it's important the animals are well treated and that people realise exactly what happens to the animal and see the cuts of meat.

I know the programme. The makers wanted to show the unusual, no one had seen the inner workings of a giraffi or an elephant even a croc.
All the animals died or where put down because of ill health by the way.

The programme is called 'Inside Nature's Giants'.I found it fascinating.

It ran over four weeks,first week they did an elephant,next a whale,the next a crocodile,then lastly a giraffe.

I have to say even though i'm a vegetarian,when they were cutting open that giraffe I thought"what exceptionally good looking meat".

Must be all those acacia leaves they eat.:grin:

Glad Pipa enjoyed the show and I don't think there's anything wrong with letting your children watch it,if anything it might give them a better appreciation for their own innards.

Funny I thought that! The meat looked good on the giraffe. Watched a bit of the elephant one but I found last weeks facinating; the crocodile who has special muscles attached to its lungs so it can sink and float at will in the water and how it's wind pipe is all bendy to allow for all the odd shapes of food. Did feel sorry for the poor thing after they discovered how it had died.

All this is completely lost on me: I wouldn't want to watch such queasy stuff (I also cover my eyes at any gory bits on human documentaries and don't watch gory horror films either, so maybe it's just a matter of taste).

Don't mind dead things being cut up, have even done the boring rat, frog, cricket etc.
However mortally terrified of insufficient anesthesia for any living thing especially me.

It died of a chest infection it couldn't fight off because it struggled to compete for food with others it was with. It was sad because it's stomach had leaves in because that's the only thing it could get to eat. Shame the zoo didn't notice at try to feed him separately like you see sometimes.

These shows are really fascinating, I didn't watch this series, as I'm still recovery after watching the autopsy shows with Dr Gunther.:giggle: He was dissecting human cadavers instead of animals.:whew2: But I’m gonna see if I can download the crocodile show of the channel 4 website, as it sounds very interesting. Thanks xstamper:clapping:

Latest posts

Back