Dickie 'bird' Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, I can see the reasoning for buying from Q for those people who don't drive and can't lug heavy gardening things like compost - but Q aren't daft and this is another market they aim at, as well as those you've already mentioned in your post. By coincidence, I was talking to a work colleague yesterday, and she was saying she ordered over £200 worth of plants, compost and other garden 'odds and sods' from Q last year, and was not impressed with the results at all - she's a keen gardener, so knows what she's about. She commented that it was the first time she'd ordered things like this from shopping telly and would be the last! I'd endorse what a fellow poster has already said, my experience of buying compost and other gardening bits from Poundland has been very good, can't think of a single thing I've bought there that hasn't been well worth a £1!

I know H, QVC are all about the quantity not quality. Poundland is great for gardening stuff, they get their stiock from the same place as other retailers, after all, they haven't got a little Poundland factory that makes everything. :mysmilie_17:

shopperholic love it sitting here wetting myself annoyed i did not come up with that one i take it you mean blue tits or tom tits :mysmilie_14:

Mrs Jacksons really lucky, she gets a t*t in her garden every day.

I wonder if she gives his seed a five-star review.
mysmilie_59.gif

shopperholic love it sitting here wetting myself annoyed i did not come up with that one i take it you mean blue tits or tom tits :mysmilie_14:

No the great spotted little Dickie, it has an annoying sound similar to a Woodpecker but sounds like a laugh, only more irritating, it's not rare infact it's the opposite, it's seen around a lot, too much really so wen you see it shoo it away or you'll never get rid........so remember don't get the TSV unless you want to get stuck with a little Dickie in your garden. :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_15: Lol!! I'm just watching Dickie Bird and the Lesser Spotted JF flogging the high energy bird food, and it's no good, I will have to turn over. I love my garden birds and spend quite a bit on bird food, which I don't begrudge for one minute, so I'd be interested in watching this hour and seeing if I could learn something from it, but RJ and JF are driving me nuts - talking over each other, constantly interrupting each other, and her constant "yes, yes, yes" all the time (I could put my own interpretation on this, but I'm trying to keep the conversation clean here!!). Apart from the fact that the bird food seems well overpriced to me, I'm going to have to admit defeat and switch channels - can't stand their babbling any longer, so I'm giving Dickie the bird!

Mrs Jacksons really lucky, she gets a t*t in her garden every day.

Last edited:
Hands up those who had heard of the Gnome before tuning into QVC ? cos I certainly hadn't, despite his self acclaimed gardening prowess. I grew up with Bill & Ben, and then upgraded to Percy Throwup and Geoff Hamilton, followed by Alan Titchmarsh. Dickie Jackson was never on the radar, but he's certainly built an empire on the back of Q.

I remember him from a programme called "That's Gardening" which was on TVS when I was a kid. I even remember the theme tune!

Remember seeing him in the background on a black and white gardening programme many many years ago guess he must have been in the right place at the right time guess you are lucky or not in life.

He used to have a Saturday afternoon phone-in on LBC radio, I remember listening while out in my very first garden. I lost track after moving out of London in 1993. So he's been going quite a while but obviously in the 2nd division whereas the characters brissles mentions were definitely in the premier league.

I'm not keen on him but I watch his shows so I can pit my garden knowledge against his - I usually win IMHO !

I had never heard of him till I saw him on QVC. I noticed that the ones I had heard of Charlie Dimmock and Matthew Biggs did not last long on Q!

Latest posts

Back