Diane Gilman... is the end nigh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Has the Diane Gilman brand bit the dust, more outlet shows tomorrow. As far as I can see nothing new or different has been shown for ages ... the same old styles have been wheeled out over and over !!

She is a very odd looking woman, and hate the way she says 'cheens' instead of jeans. I know it's just her accent but it annoys me for some reason.

I don't know how anyone can buy jeans off the TV. you usually need to try on several pairs to get the perfect fit, even in the same size and in the same shop.

I wouldn't be surprised if she's on her way out, the prices of her jeans are ridiculous. I bought three pair of Jeggings from Store Twentyone for £24 last week (should've been £10 each but there was 20% off) and they're the most comfortable pair of jeans (they do look like jeans because they're not skin tight) that I've ever, ever worn, so much so I bought another three pair from their website (still 20% off). The greed of QVC will eventually be their downfall.

maybe she's retired, its said she's worth 150 million dollars, so its not as if she needs to keep making Jeans for her "sisters"

I wouldn't be surprised if she's on her way out, the prices of her jeans are ridiculous. I bought three pair of Jeggings from Store Twentyone for £24 last week (should've been £10 each but there was 20% off) and they're the most comfortable pair of jeans (they do look like jeans because they're not skin tight) that I've ever, ever worn, so much so I bought another three pair from their website (still 20% off). The greed of QVC will eventually be their downfall.

Store Twentyone used to be Q&S, and before that, QS, I think. I remember them from the 90s. Got a coat for school from there once!

She is a very odd looking woman, and hate the way she says 'cheens' instead of jeans. I know it's just her accent but it annoys me for some reason.

I don't know how anyone can buy jeans off the TV. you usually need to try on several pairs to get the perfect fit, even in the same size and in the same shop.

I agree, she is very odd looking, kind of like Diana Ross's moribund grandma. I've got to go on a cruise ship soon for a travel piece I'm doing for work. I'm absolutely dreading being stuck on some awful Cunard ship. I bet they'll all be wearing Diane Gilman jeans and sparkly tops from M&S! I hope they have internet on-board.

Don't know about her jeans. I guess some people like them.

Isn't she ill again? She hasn't been over to sell on QVC UK for months. Maybe she's retiring?

i know she said she was ill & said she would be back in the autumn/fall of last year

That's worrying. I don't buy her jeans, and don't like her tops, but she's quite an entertaining guest. Hope she gets well soon - properly, this time - and feels able to come over and present her shows again.

I agree, she is very odd looking, kind of like Diana Ross's moribund grandma. I've got to go on a cruise ship soon for a travel piece I'm doing for work. I'm absolutely dreading being stuck on some awful Cunard ship. I bet they'll all be wearing Diane Gilman jeans and sparkly tops from M&S! I hope they have internet on-board.

Don't know about her jeans. I guess some people like them.

Rest assured, there will be internet on board Julius ! they even have a room dedicated to it - for those of us (like me) who refuse to travel with all singing /dancing ipads and smart phones.

At least 'awful' Cunard don't really cater for kids, or mountaineering walls, and is why I always travel with them. Cant say I've seen many Diane Gilman jeans, although I admit to seeing once an Artscape T shirt, and a woman wearing Kim & co print trousers.

You may find it a trial though, as the cruisers are an older age group (they can afford the higher cruise price), so be prepared for the walking aids, scooters, crutches and walking sticks !!!! :mysmilie_14: (I'm really not joking)

Rest assured, there will be internet on board Julius ! they even have a room dedicated to it - for those of us (like me) who refuse to travel with all singing /dancing ipads and smart phones.

At least 'awful' Cunard don't really cater for kids, or mountaineering walls, and is why I always travel with them. Cant say I've seen many Diane Gilman jeans, although I admit to seeing once an Artscape T shirt, and a woman wearing Kim & co print trousers.

You may find it a trial though, as the cruisers are an older age group (they can afford the higher cruise price), so be prepared for the walking aids, scooters, crutches and walking sticks !!!! :mysmilie_14: (I'm really not joking)

I don't mind the older people in the least - as long as they are not wearing Michele Hope stretchy pink lace! They'll be fine. It's just the idea of being stuck on a ship for long periods of time. It seems somehow pointless when you could just jump on a plane and BAM! you're there! I read that some ships are really nice and have everything while others are just floating rustbuckets that have been tarted up. I've been allocated an "inside" cabin which means I won't have an ocean view :( The longest ferry journey I've done was Portsmouth to St Malo and I must say I found it quite relaxing. Hopefully it will have a gym. I will take some books and a supply of Belvita biscuits.

I am not a cruise person but know quite a few people who do nothing else.I look at some of the 'fashions' on Q & imagine them been worn 'on board'.When I go away I like to get a real feeling of where I am & last year I was in a lovely city which was crowded out by day trippers from the cruise ships when they all departed it returned to 'near normal'.I wonder how can the smaller islands cope especially when there might be one or two ships in carrying 1000's of people?I like the Ferries tho' Hull to Rotterdam & Zeegrugge & have done Portsmouth to Caen, no pretentiousness, dressing up etc.

I don't mind the older people in the least - as long as they are not wearing Michele Hope stretchy pink lace! They'll be fine. It's just the idea of being stuck on a ship for long periods of time. It seems somehow pointless when you could just jump on a plane and BAM! you're there! I read that some ships are really nice and have everything while others are just floating rustbuckets that have been tarted up. I've been allocated an "inside" cabin which means I won't have an ocean view :( The longest ferry journey I've done was Portsmouth to St Malo and I must say I found it quite relaxing. Hopefully it will have a gym. I will take some books and a supply of Belvita biscuits.

Enjoy your time, but don't think you can class any Cunard ships as rustbuckets ! quite the opposite. There will be a gym, but I bet you don't get to reading the books !! you'll either be eating, sleeping or sightseeing !

My cruise nightmare is in the news this morning - hundreds of passengers stuck on board a ship that isn't allowed to dock anywhere because norovirus is running rife. No doubt it won't be long before all the toilets stop working and the food runs out etc.. I'm sure it's rare when it happens, but no thanks. Also, Carla and Jilly are always banging on about their cruises, so it can't all be old people. Unless they choose quiet ships that go to quiet destinations?

Didn't realise it was an outlet show.Well I only ever got one pair of her jeans a TSV and I couldn't wear them too much stretch and too low at the back.They got thrown out .

I only went on one cruise and it was my first and last. Couldn't do with being so organised, meal times etc. Those ****** tannoy announcements for people going on trips ashore drove me mad.

My cruise nightmare is in the news this morning - hundreds of passengers stuck on board a ship that isn't allowed to dock anywhere because norovirus is running rife. No doubt it won't be long before all the toilets stop working and the food runs out etc.. I'm sure it's rare when it happens, but no thanks. Also, Carla and Jilly are always banging on about their cruises, so it can't all be old people. Unless they choose quiet ships that go to quiet destinations?

Trouble is the number of people who don't wash or don't wash their hands properly after using the toilet is alarming. We don't use the self service since a chap in front of me licked some salad dressing of his finger and then proceeded to pick up another utensil!!!!!!! Saying that I love my cruises much better than flying IMO. You can have Freedom dining so you can eat at a time to suit you but we like the set dining.

Latest posts

Back