Diamonique 18ct gold!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Perhaps one reason is, some people have 18 carat gold rings and want to wear faux gem pieces with their real jewellery and don't like mixing gold types.

It comes down to personal choice. It is very common practice in Indian jewellery for instance, where they set faux stones into 22ct gold. I have no problem with it eitherway. You pay your money, you take your choice!

come on guys, there is no need for this. :51:
some think it is a daft idea, some think it is a good idea, others have raised ethical issues, all opinions are valid for their own reasons. and the current thread topic is just an expression of an opinion with which i happen to agree. at the end of the day we all have smth in common; the joy we get out of purchasing and wearing jewellery.
the shocking part is that i have not bought anything today:11:

I agree absolutely (although I like the idea of 18ct diamonique) - it is a matter of personal choice, which we're all free to voice without fear of criticism - it's hardly a debate about politics/religion etc is it? Just in case anything I have contributed has offended anyone, then I apologise unreservedly. I was only saying that for some people it's the look that's more important than the content. Anyway, enough said.

i have an anthony kliger ring with diamonique stones full eternity,domed shaped with round cut and baguette cut stones in 14ct gold. i have had it for around 14 years and not a day goes by without a comment on it as it looks real. none of the stones have fallen out ,still looks the part.
i would always wear diamonique as it looks better than all my friends real diamonds that are milky,yellow and just not nice. like me they are not really well off enough to buy quality diamonds.
i would buy diamonique in 18ct gold but try and stick to a believable size in the stones...to me perfectly acceptable....
the hierloom argument is debateable as the resale value hardly ever is anything like the origional price paid for it. bit like a car as soon as you drive it out of the showroom the value drops instantly.
all 3 of my daughters want me to leave them this ring as it has sentimental value and looks amazing.

sure, people may not mind. i personally would not buy many jwls with fake stones. no investment or heirloom value.

who gives a monkey's about investment/heirlooms? not me-diamonique looks real next to real diamonds and that's all that bothers me!

well, i do and next time you quote me, make sure you double ckeck your tone first. then i will decide if you are entitled to my opinion.

I agree absolutely (although I like the idea of 18ct diamonique) - it is a matter of personal choice, which we're all free to voice without fear of criticism - it's hardly a debate about politics/religion etc is it? Just in case anything I have contributed has offended anyone, then I apologise unreservedly. I was only saying that for some people it's the look that's more important than the content. Anyway, enough said.

you have not said or done anything to offend anyone imo, N-J. :1:

a bit sensitive are we?:11: calm down dear, it's only a message board! I don't imagine you can tell a lot about tone with a smattering of words!:18:

i can certainly tell a lot about tone when you are concerned :22:

They used to sell diamonique set in pure platinum but don't anymore - only platinum clad.

I bought a diamonique eternity ring set in pure platinum from the outlet shop. After a while I decided it was too small for me and as it would have cost loads to have it re-sized I took it to a local jewellers who advertise that they buy second hand jewellery.

I handed it to the jeweller and as he was looking at it with a jeweller's loupe he was saying to himself "Who on earth would set cz stones in pure platinum?" then shouted "Oh my god, typical, QVC!" (it's got QVC stamped inside the band). He sneered at me, thrust the ring into my hand and said "I'm not interested".

I went bright red and scuttled out of the shop!!! :speechless:

I have to say that I am really glad they do put Diamonique into 18ct gold. I have an 18ct gold wedding band and my 18ct gold diamond solitaire engagement ring was starting to show very very slight signs of wear after almost 20 years of daily wear (I think because the 18ct gold is softer there was a bit of 'ring rub' going on there.)

I noticed on QVC that they had an identical ring in Diamonique to my original one carat diamond solitaire (which cost a fortune!) so bought it and now keep the original diamond ring for special occasions only. Didnt want another carat of gold as it would have been harder than my wedding band, and may have caused more rubbing of gold. I wear the diamonique copy every day, and feel confident that the ring can take any harsh treatment that comes its way( I swim most days, walk dogs and frequently get tangled hands in leads etc) and I still have my original ring safe and sound in my jewellery box......also wouldnt shed too many tears if the diamonique one got lost or damaged whereas the 'real' one is another matter altogether.

Love Joy

Last edited:
I handed it to the jeweller and as he was looking at it with a jeweller's loupe he was saying to himself "Who on earth would set cz stones in pure platinum?" then shouted "Oh my god, typical, QVC!" (it's got QVC stamped inside the band). He sneered at me, thrust the ring into my hand and said "I'm not interested".

I went bright red and scuttled out of the shop!!! :speechless:

What an awful experience and how terribly rude of him!
I had a similar experience when I took some old unwanted jewellery pieces to a jeweller who was advertising for 'scrap gold'. Despite the fact that they were clearly hallmarked the woman behind the counter snatched them off me, examined them with a loop, declared that she would have to 'test them' because 'a couple of them look a bit dodgy'. To be honest by this point, unless she'd offered me a huge amount of money, I'd already decided on these grounds to refuse her - but when she, very loudly, offered them to 'take them off my hands for £12' because she still 'couldn't be sure' I was so
mortified that I muttered something about needing to check with someone and left. They weren't from QVC, by the way, they were from a small chain of shops and I know she was trying it on because I later went to a one-off reparing jewellers and they offered a sensible price. While this sounds completely irrelevant, I guess what I'm saying is that some people are just blinking rude!

Last edited:
About 5 years ago I bought two platinum and diamonique rings from QVC. One was a Soitaire type and the other an eternity ring. To this day they are both still in pristine condition and I get loads of compliments when I wear them. I wish they still sold more platinum instead of platinum clad diamonique. I bought them because I liked them and they give me pleasure to look at and wear.

thank you to those who complimented my rings.

I also have a 5 stone diamonique eternity ring set in pure platinum. I think i bought it about 8 years ago.
Its part bezel set and is a carat eq weight.

I get complimented on it any time i wear it, it actually fools me sometimes as I nearly forget its not diamond.

I wish Qvc would do more diamonique in platinum as it is stunning and to me, well worth the money.

I still can't understand those who question why its done, its implying that it cheapens the metal?

I'm delighted with my wedding band and I used to be a "real jewellery snob" that sneared at people having qvc diamonique engagement/wedding/eternity rings.

I honestly don't know why jewellers have to be so down on QVC. My local jeweller doesn't rate QVC jewellery at all, something about the gold being hollowed out in the rings...? I think they must be jealous because they sell so much, and take custom away from small shops.

I've also got a couple of platinum diamonique rings, but don't wear them as much now and have gone back to my real diamonds. But, I've worn them loads and they are amazing value. Why not set CZ stones in 18ct or platinum?

Snobbery and QVC go in hand; it really bugs me as I love my QVC and my skincare and make-up are 1000% better than they used to be (I think so anyway).

Where else do you find out about Smashbox and Philosophy, even Lola Rose if not on QVC?

I honestly don't know why jewellers have to be so down on QVC. My local jeweller doesn't rate QVC jewellery at all, something about the gold being hollowed out in the rings...? I think they must be jealous because they sell so much, and take custom away from small shops.

Well, that is true unfortunately, a lot of the QVC 'gold' jewellery is lacking in actual gold weight & they seem to use every trick in the book to achieve this, so no, much of it wouldn't really appeal to a jeweller!
I think sometimes folk just see the word 'gold' & then only concentrate on the gems in it (real or otherwise!) but obviously a heavy solid band of 18 or even 9 ct gold is going to cost a heck of a lot more than a thin, doughnut formed strip of the stuff! :)

Snobbery and QVC go in hand; it really bugs me as I love my QVC and my skincare and make-up are 1000% better than they used to be (I think so anyway).
Where else do you find out about Smashbox and Philosophy, even Lola Rose if not on QVC?

This is very true! I have absolutely no qualms about using QVC, with the security blanket factor of the 30 day mbg, as a testing ground for new products & then (unless it's a super-duper priced TSV!), trundling off to stock up on future purchases elsewhere!
Serve 'em right, if they didn't charge such ridiculous prices for p&p I'd be a bit more 'long-term loyal'! lol

Latest posts

Back