Diamonique 18ct gold!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
Why would you put diamonique in 18ct gold?

Isn't that like putting a good quality diamond in a plastic ring?

I just don't understand it.

my wedding ring is a channel set full eternity diamonique in 18ct gold.
its 2 carats of princess cut stones and i got it from qvc america (brother in law lives there) I was going to buy the same ring in diamonds here and the price was £2200. I was visiting him last may and saw it on qvc, he rang and ordered it and it arrived before we left, I was well impressed and it only cost $179
My engagement ring is 18ct gold so thats why i wanted to try it. I thought it would be excellent for work and keep my diamond one for "good" I thought with it being channel set that there would be a chance i could lose a stone. I was so impressed with the qvc one that I still havent bought the diamond one! I got married in november and i'm delighted.

Why wouldnt you set it in 18ct or platinum?

congratulations Q on your imminent wedding. i wish you a beautiful day and a wonderful married life!:40:

why not use 18ct gold? because 18ct and 22ct are set with real gemstones. jewellers do not tend to use quality gold jwl (high gold %) with fake gems.
24ct gold jewels do not often have gems, because too soft.
14ct gold is often set with DMQ type stones and there are hundreds of variations around the world.

they might not usually set them in high percentages of gold but i don't see why they shouldnt.

a lot of people like the higher percentages of gold so why not set faux stones in it?

I would think its a good thing

sure, people may not mind. i personally would not buy many jwls with fake stones. no investment or heirloom value.

we don't all buy jewellery for investment value and there's no reason why faux jewellery can't have heirloom or sentimental value!

I buy diamonique etc because its nice to have a look that may be what i want today but might not want it everyday. I have a fabulous diamond engagement ring but to be honest, I like switching it and wearing my faux baubles every now and then.

http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/24812854 you can see my diamonique wedding ring here beside my engagement ring.
There is also a sapphire and diamond ring on there that is real and i've seen a diamonique equivilent of it that is much nicer for a tenth of the price

(my engagement ring is filthy in those pics! needs cleaned badly)

photos were taken with my mobile so not best quality

Last edited:
http://www.photobox.co.uk/album/24812854 you can see my diamonique wedding ring here beside my engagement ring.
There is also a sapphire and diamond ring on there that is real and i've seen a diamonique equivilent of it that is much nicer for a tenth of the price

(my engagement ring is filthy in those pics! needs cleaned badly)

photos were taken with my mobile so not best quality

They are lovely rings and I am glad that you are happy with your choices.

My point remains the same though, I just don't get why they would put fake stones into 18ct gold.
I have 1 peice of diamonique in 9ct gold and a few peices in silver but I just don't understand why they would put fake stones into 18ct.

They are lovely rings and I am glad that you are happy with your choices.

My point remains the same though, I just don't get why they would put fake stones into 18ct gold.
I have 1 peice of diamonique in 9ct gold.

Don't QVC only set in gold starting at 14ct? I think it's great that they give people a choice. While a diamonique ring is unlikely to bring the same financial gain as a genuine diamond, I can't imagine that it would be of no value to hand down through the generations. Unless, of course, your descendents/beneficiaries are only going to value an heirloom if it's worth a fortune!

Nicky-j;206853[B said:
]Don't QVC only set in gold starting at 14ct? [/B]I think it's great that they give people a choice. While a diamonique ring is unlikely to bring the same financial gain as a genuine diamond, I can't imagine that it would be of no value to hand down through the generations. Unless, of course, your descendents/beneficiaries are only going to value an heirloom if it's worth a fortune!

They might do, the one I have is about 7 years old and was a Christmas present from my mum and dad, I just assumed it was 9ct.

I wasn't thinking of handing items down through generations or selling for money. I just don't get why they would put a fake stone into 18ct.

Anything you buy you buy it cause you like it and that is not what I am getting at. I am not saying that no-one should buy it or feel ashamed about it, I just don't get why they would put it into 18ct gold.

And that is my opinion.

Some people might not like the idea ofdiamonds, which are not ethical. For instance blood diamonds, eg diamonds which have been illegally collected, harmed the environment, caused damaged to legalally elected governments, have funded guerilla warfare and so on, so they might look for an alternative to diamonds, and so created diamnods in 18ct gold would be a perfect alternative.
Sorry if this sounds like a lecture, but the current system of diamond dealing is not without issues

Yazrose the reason I would buy diamonique in 18ct gold is because of the value of the gold, the feeling of luxury of the high carat of gold against my skin and I also like sparkle, plus I do like fooling people. I wouldn't be able to afford an 18ct gold 3 ct diamond stone ring, how many thousands would that be? But if I got it in diamonique, well I would get the look of the diamond and the luxury of the gold.

I have a few Diamonique pieces, which I have often taken on holiday, because I didn't want to take the real thing. NO ONE has ever asked me if they're not real and I think for the money they're a great buy. Mine are from the Epiphany range, and I do have platinum jewellery which I mix and match with them.

I've never bought any jewellery as an investment, I buy it because I like it and it gives me pleasure to own and wear it, which I think is the important thing.

Each to their own.

:doggie:

If you read my start thread you will see that I am not saying anything about people who have bought Diamonique in 18ct gold only that I don't understand why they would put fake stones into 18ct gold.

I am not having a go at the people who have bought Diamonique, having a few peices myself that would make me a hypocrite.

I am saying that I don't understand why QVC would put fake stones into 18ct gold. Thats not something that a jeweller would do.

Personally I don't like diamonds, I don't have any in my jewellery collection, choosing instead Diamonique or other stones but I would not buy it in 18ct gold.

I am not asking who buys it or why they buy it, that is none of my business, I was just asking the question 'Why would they put fake stones into 18ct gold?'.

Last edited:
I have a few Diamonique bits as well, that I wear if I am on hols or swimming. They are dead ringers for my real jewellery. In fact I remember QVC setting Diamonique into solid platinum for awhile, picked up a few bits in the clearance section.

It is a bit like I don't understand why they sometimes set Tanzanite into silver (well I can understand the very pale stones) or 9k for that matter. If the gems are so precious why would they do that.

come on guys, there is no need for this. :51:
some think it is a daft idea, some think it is a good idea, others have raised ethical issues, all opinions are valid for their own reasons. and the current thread topic is just an expression of an opinion with which i happen to agree. at the end of the day we all have smth in common; the joy we get out of purchasing and wearing jewellery.
the shocking part is that i have not bought anything today:11:

Latest posts

Back