Defensive Liz Earle Fans

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beautyaddiction

Registered Shopper
Why are so many Liz Earle fans on her facebook page so sensitive and defensive. I was on her facebook page and someone said her makeup is cheap and expensive, and everyone started to have a go at the poor lady.

Why are so many Liz Earle fans on her facebook page so sensitive and defensive. I was on her facebook page and someone said her makeup is cheap and expensive, and everyone started to have a go at the poor lady.

Hello beautyaddiction welcome to the forum. Just wondering how the makeup can be cheap and expensive?

I am assuming that they mean cheap in the sense of nasty, yet it costs a lot of dosh.

It's not just Liz fans though is it.
Keeley Elemis has a blind following too.

I've never understood this brand loyalty. A product within the brand yes, but not the whole caboodle.
Mind, I hate everything lol (not really)

Its probably cheap looking but expensive to buy, and probably looks like Avon..........

Okay word of warning. NEVER EVER GET IN BETWEEN THE LE AND KEELEY GROUPIES ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!! You will get mauled to death. Any comments are taken by each individual as a personal attack again them. They will lay down their honour and lives for old Liz or Keeley.:taphead:

Okay word of warning. NEVER EVER GET IN BETWEEN THE LE AND KEELEY GROUPIES ON FACEBOOK!!!!!!! You will get mauled to death. Any comments are taken by each individual as a personal attack again them. They will lay down their honour and lives for old Liz or Keeley.:taphead:

What a bunch of spanners:cool:

Lol, so true Donna.

We had a long thread a while ago about Keeley Elemis and her fans turned on this forum as well.
If I remember correctly, we had spies in her camp reporting back.

I was walking past an LE counter in Bluewater shopping centre about 6 months ago with a friend and I was telling her how they had sold out to Avon who tests on animals and I stopped buying it. The LE 'lady' rushed around the counter and gave me a right rollocking and called me a liar! If the Avon connection didnt put me off, she did....I wouldnt buy from LE again, ever.

Sorry, I meant to say the lady on face book commented about the makeup products ( mascara, cream blusher, lipgloss, concealer and skin tint) that she had brought being cheap. She went on to say that the packaging is cheap as well.

I have not personally tried her makeup products but I have tried her skincare but i've moved on to other brands. I personally think her makeup range is priced too expensive give he mid range skincare products.
The sheer skin tint is the same price and quantity as Dermologica and mac to name a few.
I certainly wont be rushing out to buy it but many people will. I wont give up Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in a hurry.

I was walking past an LE counter in Bluewater shopping centre about 6 months ago with a friend and I was telling her how they had sold out to Avon who tests on animals and I stopped buying it. The LE 'lady' rushed around the counter and gave me a right rollocking and called me a liar! If the Avon connection didnt put me off, she did....I wouldnt buy from LE again, ever.

OMG! I dread to think what my response to that would have been.
Probably along the lines of "Oooooh Yes She Did" or ♫"Liz Earle sold to Avon, Liz Earle sold to Avon"♫

Reminds me of when 21 & I were looking at the Clinique foundations recently. We said we were OK when the SA came over. She hovered for a bit and then told me that my foundation, though giving good coverage was definitely not the right shade for me and I should look at .... At which point I interrupted her & said the only thing on my face was fresh air. 21 pulled me away, but I was not rude - honest!

Welcome to the forum by the way

OMG! I dread to think what my response to that would have been.
Probably along the lines of "Oooooh Yes She Did" or ♫"Liz Earle sold to Avon, Liz Earle sold to Avon"♫

Reminds me of when 21 & I were looking at the Clinique foundations recently. We said we were OK when the SA came over. She hovered for a bit and then told me that my foundation, though giving good coverage was definitely not the right shade for me and I should look at .... At which point I interrupted her & said the only thing on my face was fresh air. 21 pulled me away, but I was not rude - honest!

Welcome to the forum by the way

Should have slapped the cheeky bint

They can be a bit defensive if the Avon subject crops up. If someone who is new to the brand goes onto the page to ask if it's true etc a few people can be quite rude saying 'Oh no not this subject again' or 'Well it was announced ages ago and was everywhere'. Well no actually it wasn't 'everywhere'. I remember getting an email/newsletter and it was on their blog on the site, it was also have been picked up by some beauty bloggers and also the business press. Hardly announced on the news! Also if you're new to the brand there is no mention on the website of the Avon takeover, therefore it is only natural that they ask on her FB page. It can be a bit intimidating if you're a newbie. I much prefer it here anyway :giggle:

Welcome to the forum from me too.

You would have to be a bit naive to go on the LE Facebook page and start slagging off the products. Theat would be like me going onto the Elemis page, telling them that I think PCMC is overhyped and overpriced!! Which I do by the way. You would get lynched. I don't think the Liz Earle skincare has been received quite as well as they had hoped. I love the skincare, but after trying the skintint, i won't be trying any more of the products.

You will get fans on the QVC facebook page ranting and raging that it is total lie that Avon own LE. Then someone will put the link up.:happy: And then total silence. Or the old chestnut, but LE is still independently run by LE. But who do they think the profits go to, Avon just bought it and take nothing from it all? Yes and there are flying pigs circling so better have your umbrella.

Liz Earle has a rather fanatical following-she has been very clever over the years spouting about her au natural ingredients and her botanical chemist etc from the beautiful Isle of White!

She has been seen to be this sort of super wonderful business woman whilst being a Mother and wife and champion of all things healthy and good for us.

She then appeared on QVC with her softly hissing voice,cashmere cardi's,glossy highlighted locks and filmed with an ethereal glow us mere mortals could only aspire to,has a baby at the grand old age of 47 or 48 cashes in to Avon and then bounced back on screen looking cleansed and polished to within an inch of her life and looking wonderful so all the fans are more in awe of her.
Liz Earle is a good looking woman who clearly takes care of herself and looks fab on TV -and with her dosh she can afford to but as I have said many times till even I am bored of saying it,I have seen her in real life and she was shopping at the time,she had dark heavy eye bags,her skin was fine but no better than mine and I am older and she looked well..ordinary.Most people flogging their own range of skincare on TV would try to look their best,but that's my two penn'th !!

Liz Earle has a rather fanatical following-she has been very clever over the years spouting about her au natural ingredients and her botanical chemist etc from the beautiful Isle of White!

She has been seen to be this sort of super wonderful business woman whilst being a Mother and wife and champion of all things healthy and good for us.

She then appeared on QVC with her softly hissing voice,cashmere cardi's,glossy highlighted locks and filmed with an ethereal glow us mere mortals could only aspire to,has a baby at the grand old age of 47 or 48 cashes in to Avon and then bounced back on screen looking cleansed and polished to within an inch of her life and looking wonderful so all the fans are more in awe of her.
Liz Earle is a good looking woman who clearly takes care of herself and looks fab on TV -and with her dosh she can afford to but as I have said many times till even I am bored of saying it,I have seen her in real life and she was shopping at the time,she had dark heavy eye bags,her skin was fine but no better than mine and I am older and she looked well..ordinary.Most people flogging their own range of skincare on TV would try to look their best,but that's my two penn'th !!

I totally agree, they sound very brainwashed to me, remembering that Liz is a former beauty editor who knows a lot of people within the beauty industry and her partner kim who also use to work for John Freida. She gets a lot of press coverage not just because of who she knows especially that beauty bible woman, shes a classic fibber about superskin being the best moisturiser ever. Liz Earle skin care wasn't as successful in the states as they hoped.
It would be interesting to see how many people continue to use Elemis if they left Qvcuk. Elemis is on Qvc us with far less coverage and offers.

These LE & Elemis fanatics on FB are pathetic. A load of ****** sheep who drink in everything that Saint Liz preaches and blindly believe all the bollox that Keeley spouts...and then they all gang up on anyone who dares question the gospel. :rolleyes: FB is the perfect platform for bullies and ineffectual people to have their say and feel important for 5 minutes, it's probably the only time in their sad lives they get any attention. :rolleyes:

Do all these facebook fanatics have perfect skin and immaculate make up then? That's the only way I would defend a product. I can't defend the seller of that product unless they have done something good for me.

I like C&P - but have tried alternatives - and have come back to it.
I like the LE customer service on the phone.
I really like eyebright - but would try something similar.
Some things i have tried and they are nothing special and will not buy again

But i would never get all defensive of the brands or the products.

Funny how the Tcallers who speak to Keeley on air say how many years they've been using Elemis and how wonderful it is and then reel off a list of skin concerns making me wonder whether they should raise their expectations from a "wonderful" skincare brand!

Jude xx

Latest posts

Back