Deck the Halls with Tat...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Just switched over and caught sight of Craig and some Christmas "ornaments" - I use the word loosely - to make your home look wonderful at Christmas. The icing on the QVC cake was undoubtedly the stag's head wall plaque, that I think is meant to convince your guests that you live in one of the Stately Homes of England. All it did for me was to convince me that it looked tacky, plasticky and I wouldn't want it in my garden shed, let alone my house. Can this channel get any worse? Fashion that if it ever WAS "fashion" is a throwback to the 1940's or 1970's, overpriced food, cosmetics and beauty products sent to many customers who have reported the items open and partly-used when they arrive, and general tat. This is my personal opinion, of course, but for me the channel is now only worth watching as a laugh.

All year round QVC position themselves as the Harrods of home telly shopping... then we get to Christmas and they morph into the market-stall's overpriced twin. Tat, tat, and more tat. Novelties which come out at Christmas with irritating songs etc should be priced to sell and be thrown away afterwards.

It's not that many years ago that they used to have quality Christmas items that you could put away and bring out year after year.

Yes, the magical time of the year when "clearance" prices magically turn into "Christmas" "OTOs" and "bargain hunter" prices. The prices of these American brands/Chinese made tat is absolutely hilarious :mysmilie_15:

Which ever buyer brought this tat or to give it it's correct title. CR@P to air, I just hope they do not move on to fashion. Although some may say they already have.

QVC always try their hardest not to have a crap shopping telly image that they always get, try to make themselves so much better than any other shopping telly channel but I feel are now LOWER than other channels. I used to stick up for them but I hate them now and no longer buy.

I have said before that I have missed so many comedy gems by watching QVC very little now, so no ordering but what I have picked up from the comments here is that all sense of reality has gone out of the window.The prices have gone into the stratosphere, awful & overpriced 'fashion', food offerings I have never looked at anyway----etc.etc.They have so much competition, only today a friend wanted some Ultrasun Face 30, 2 tubes on QVC nearly £36 (inc P&P) Superdrug £18:99 with the second half price.No wonder the presenters are in manic mode, it's desperation.

Mr Christmas used to bring really nice, good quality things to QVC and Dexter used to bring buyable products as well. It's all gone a bit downhill in recent years. Where's Thomas Pacconi ornaments and the wooden musical boxes? I haven't seen that singing fish either :mysmilie_19:

CC

Who'd have thought Billy Bass and those musical boxes would be the best of the 'Christmas' gifts. I do laugh when they think folks swap gifts as nauseum to near passers by, and would think of dropping £20 on a box of biscuits for such folks.

Mr Christmas used to bring really nice, good quality things to QVC and Dexter used to bring buyable products as well. It's all gone a bit downhill in recent years. Where's Thomas Pacconi ornaments and the wooden musical boxes? I haven't seen that singing fish either :mysmilie_19:

CC
If had forgotten all about the singing fish. Thanks for the memory :mysmilie_504::mysmilie_504:

QVC have surpassed themselves with 'christmas with Alison Cork' I wouldn't clutter up the shed with the tatt I have seen in the last hour, I can't believe what they are trying to pass off as art...LOL

Who'd have thought Billy Bass and those musical boxes would be the best of the 'Christmas' gifts. I do laugh when they think folks swap gifts as nauseum to near passers by, and would think of dropping £20 on a box of biscuits for such folks.
£20 on a box of biscuits. They'll have a packet or Oreo's 50p from Ada and like it.....

Well, I think a new low was reached last night, with this item 706084 - a Santa Meter for £24 plus p & p. A curved box with Nice and Naughty buttons, with a 3 second noise emanating when you pressed a remote control. Talk about ****** pointless, you may just as well throw your money in the path of a passing stranger.

LMAO! Who on earth buys it? Honestly, we have markets and even the £1 Shops are selling far superior now! :mysmilie_5:

Well, I think a new low was reached last night, with this item 706084 - a Santa Meter for £24 plus p & p. A curved box with Nice and Naughty buttons, with a 3 second noise emanating when you pressed a remote control. Talk about ****** pointless, you may just as well throw your money in the path of a passing stranger.
I am that passing stranger...

Exactly! When I first watched Q, not so many years ago, they used to have some nice bits and pieces that were attractive, in good taste and reasonably priced (I've still got some of them) - including jewellery items that were good value and you would be proud to keep or give as gifts. Now, because of what I've read on here and elsewhere, even if I wanted to buy things like toiletries from them (which I don't), I'd be worried the items would arrive partly-used - so I could never consider buying them as presents . And don't get me started on the hugely overpriced "fashion" items that they try to convince you every 'sleb' and top name model is wearing, where said "fashion" is presented by someone who implies that you have an unlimited budget to spend on clothes, which for most of us totally untrue. Now we're getting market stall "ornaments" which are virtually the same as you could buy in Poundland, Wilko's or Home Bargains, but at Q's vastly inflated prices plus p&p. Gawd, they plumbed the depths with Sunday's show. Sooner or later they must run out of new customers who believe the hype and don't (or can't, for whatever reason) shop around - because most of the former well-established customers are switching off, I'd think. The channel has lost its way every bit as much as Bid did. OH is threatening to buy a stag's head wall plaque and nail it to garden shed door, to impress the neighbours - I told him we don't want to be forced to sell up in the New Year:mysmilie_17:

QUOTE=maymorganlondon;873423]All year round QVC position themselves as the Harrods of home telly shopping... then we get to Christmas and they morph into the market-stall's overpriced twin. Tat, tat, and more tat. Novelties which come out at Christmas with irritating songs etc should be priced to sell and be thrown away afterwards.

It's not that many years ago that they used to have quality Christmas items that you could put away and bring out year after year.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Oer, I want one (on 2nd thoughts, I'll take 2)!:mysmilie_17::mysmilie_59:

Is that like the emoji buttons you press when you come out of toilets to say how clean they were?

Oh my God .Have just looked at that appalling, cheap looking Santa thing. (£24.00 and£4.95p&p disgraceful)
This to me is this year's totally pointless piece of expensive c***.
I would laugh but people have actually bought these abysmal creations.

2016-10-24-19-40-33--487668497.jpeg

Latest posts

Back