Debbie Flint without make up

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gosh min, you're such a delicate little flower ;)

I never used to be sob

This is what happens to me

AC-1.jpg

Oh Minim that is so awful sore looking, no wonder you have to be careful

Poor thing - is there anything that you can safely use now?

It's cool, I've cracked it now. It's more a question of what to avoid
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is the killer ingredient for me. It's a detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products - soaps, shampoos, toothpaste .... things that foam.
Perfumed stuff can start it off as well, whether so called 'natural' or chemical

Ouch! min, that looks so painful. SLS is definitely a no go area for me too, I can't even use toothpaste containing it. I thought I had some horrible disease when the skin inside my mouth seemed to be just turning white and peeling off, yuck:( Googled it and found lots of people had the same problem which cleared up when they used SLS free toothpaste. Typically, of course, those toothpastes are much more expensive than the usual sort, but the good news is that the problem disappeared within a week of changing over.

Ouch! min, that looks so painful. SLS is definitely a no go area for me too, I can't even use toothpaste containing it. I thought I had some horrible disease when the skin inside my mouth seemed to be just turning white and peeling off, yuck:( Googled it and found lots of people had the same problem which cleared up when they used SLS free toothpaste. Typically, of course, those toothpastes are much more expensive than the usual sort, but the good news is that the problem disappeared within a week of changing over.

I use Aldi's toothpaste Mam, no SLS and costs about 49p a tube!

Skinning gums and mouth cankers. Yup, I had the same. SLS is caustic. Avoid Sensodyne toothpaste.
http://www.gum-disease-cure.com/is-sensodyne-toothpaste-causing-tooth-sensitivity-comments.html

Aldi's Dentitex or Lidl's DentaLux toothpaste works for me. I don't need the one for sensitive either.

OH saw the hygienist recently and she gave him three small tubes of Sensodyne..not for cleaning teeth, but for rubbing on sensitive tooth at bedtime and leaving on - tried it a couple of times and it did seem to help actually but you've got to keep at it of course - ok if you don't get sensitivity problems!

OH saw the hygienist recently and she gave him three small tubes of Sensodyne..not for cleaning teeth, but for rubbing on sensitive tooth at bedtime and leaving on - tried it a couple of times and it did seem to help actually but you've got to keep at it of course - ok if you don't get sensitivity problems!

Lol. I flipped when the hygienist offered me samples of Sensodyne after I had researched toothpaste about 2 years ago.
Poor woman. She had a lecture and strict instructions to google SLS.
I had a problem with sensitive teeth - gone now.

Do you mean you found something that worked Mim?

I've only recently developed sensitive teeth, the Pro Relief toothpaste helps and they do a mouthwash now which I find even better. But both only help it's not improving that much.

I've only recently developed sensitive teeth, the Pro Relief toothpaste helps and they do a mouthwash now which I find even better. But both only help it's not improving that much.

Well Aldi or Lidl works for me & I had really sensitive teeth hence my use of Sensodyne for years.

Well Aldi or Lidl works for me & I had really sensitive teeth hence my use of Sensodyne for years.

thanks to Min's research (is cheque in post yet Min?) my friend with oral Lichen Planus has finally found a toothpaste she can use..the Aldi Sensitive..

Latest posts

Back