Davina McCall Coming to Q....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Davina is a celeb that has somehow completely and utterly passed me by. I know the name and I recognise the face but I cannot tell you one TV series or film she has been in.

You mean scarflaces Ian, although the stylee hair thingamy woman also did a race against the clock to show lots of different ways to wear her product just as Moira does! And I should not have wasted so much of my life watching such stuff and retaining it in my memory! :mysmilie_13:

Davina is a celeb that has somehow completely and utterly passed me by. I know the name and I recognise the face but I cannot tell you one TV series or film she has been in.

I only recognise her from the hair ads and constant pictures in womens mags, (I'm certain there are a handful of people who are on a retainer i.e. Lorraine Kelly, Finnegan & Madeley & daughter, Paul O'Grady, Fern Britton and Lulu, who are always on the covers) She fronted Big Brother for years and that's about it I think.

I'm just surprised that any celebrity on Q gets a mention here. It's totally irrelevant to the end results of the product and the fact that another sleb has produced another DVD is hardly earth-shattering.

Did DF actually do the exercises like Catherine did earlier? Ive only been watching during the ad breaks and it was Davina and the guy doing the exercises and debbie sitting down waffling on.

Did DF actually do the exercises like Catherine did earlier? Ive only been watching during the ad breaks and it was Davina and the guy doing the exercises and debbie sitting down waffling on.
She sort of did - not really with any sort of conviction.

A number of times Davina just cut Debbie off. When Davina wants to make a point, she's not going to let Debbie get in her way! You can probably watch back on PLUS on the website, as they have all the shows repeated +1 hour.

I thought Debbie was a bit gushy and VERY deferential. She started off with that breathy amazed voice as she introduced a REAL celebrity (so what does that make Lulu, or Hollywood actress Patricia "Taya hair care" Velasquez, or any of the past celebrities they've had on QVC???).

In terms of fitness and diet knowledge, Davina is the real deal, and not afraid to show it. The exercises look deceptively simple, but the intensity is what makes them effective at giving results in the time. There is plenty of evidence for the benefit of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) so this in itself is very credible. Davina is not overclaiming her knowledge, and has no problem giving a lot of credit to Ed - her fitness trainer who was on with her, and her diet expert who I didn't see on the show. We didn't hear so much about Debbie's book or Back to You as you might have expected.

I don't think Debbie would have dared ask Davina to appear on one of her Back to You webchats live on air. I wonder if she floated the idea off-air though...

Yes, at least she is one celeb who has cleaned up her act after her heroin addiction in her youth ! (not much said about that though is there !)

I admire Davina for that fact alone, plus I did like her on BB. Would I buy her Keep Fit gear ...No. I maintain to lose weight...we all know what to do....we eat less and exercise more, unless there is a medical condition.

I thought Debbie was a bit gushy and VERY deferential. She started off with that breathy amazed voice as she introduced a REAL celebrity (so what does that make Lulu, or Hollywood actress Patricia "Taya hair care" Velasquez, or any of the past celebrities they've had on QVC???).

In terms of fitness and diet knowledge, Davina is the real deal, and not afraid to show it. The exercises look deceptively simple, but the intensity is what makes them effective at giving results in the time. There is plenty of evidence for the benefit of HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) so this in itself is very credible. Davina is not overclaiming her knowledge, and has no problem giving a lot of credit to Ed - her fitness trainer who was on with her, and her diet expert who I didn't see on the show. We didn't hear so much about Debbie's book or Back to You as you might have expected.

I don't think Debbie would have dared ask Davina to appear on one of her Back to You webchats live on air. I wonder if she floated the idea off-air though...

I actually think Debs would ask Davina to entertain her BTY fans, and Davina would accept. The only programme I can associate with her, is Long Lost Family. Whenever 'celebs' bring out products they are, essentially, fronting it, being paid to endorse it. Davina did not invent these exercises. Perhaps she uses them. The same scenario with Lulu (time bomb) and Tova. At least Bodyblade Bruce, and the guy whose wife brings us the Legmaster, are authentic inventors. Whilst I have the utmost respect and admiration for Lori Greiner, the majority of her products are invented by entrepreneurs, who gained a financial input in Shark Tank - a brilliant show. She will always invent products, but her most valuable asset, is recognising which inventions will be a success.

I saw some of this and I thought Davina was OK but the idea of a fitness DVD is nothing new and I've bought as many in the past. It did encourage me to dig out the Zumba DVD that I bought some time ago (the 20 minute version) and think that I might give it another go. I said "think" ladies and gents, it takes me time to get my head round it lol.

CC

Latest posts

Back