Daniel the new boy on today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't figure out what his accent is? Not English, surely? He looks very fake tanned and also like he plucks his eyebrows, and what I saw of him presenting he has the habit of moving his head to accentuate the sylables.

He's done lots of this including modelling.

I can't figure out what his accent is? Not English, surely? He looks very fake tanned and also like he plucks his eyebrows, and what I saw of him presenting he has the habit of moving his head to accentuate the sylables.

He is British, but has lived and worked in the US for several years - hence, I suppose, the accent and intonation (and possibly the tan and brows!) - he was also once a model.

I'd like to see a 'bit of rough' presenting! I'm a bit fed up with these pretty boys.

I have to say, on an (irrelevant) looks front, I prefer blokes who don't look like they spend more time getting ready than me! He seems very professional and experienced - which was a good job yesterday - and doubtless more time in the UK will rid him of the slightly sing-song intonations.
Everybody starts off on QVC overly enthusiastic, don't they?

I think considering he was thrown in at the deep end yesterday he did remarkably well doing all three hours. He obviously was nervous, but seemed to cope with it ok - and he can only get better from now on. It was nice to see him.

I suspect he did the fashion as he was familar with the range as the guest made a mistake and HSn in the uk!
I thought the range was overpriced too, some of it was not too bad.

He looks like the love-shild of David Dickinson and Donatella Versace :11: That perma-tanned look is so dated.

He's very good at getting the information out, I have to say and he seems comfortable with the technical aspects off things, but if he says 'you're going to LOVE it" or "I would LOVE it" one more time ...
Sorry, shouldn't complain - he's doing a good job and it's probably just a nervous verbal tick. (But I thought I'd mention it anyway).

Just caught up on this thread and seen D for the first time, all I can say is Mrs James was twirling :Mrs James: for nothing and I hope Mommabear has done her hoovering, found the tissues and dried out by now. ;) :pPC:

He's very good at getting the information out, I have to say and he seems comfortable with the technical aspects off things, but if he says 'you're going to LOVE it" or "I would LOVE it" one more time ...
Sorry, shouldn't complain - he's doing a good job and it's probably just a nervous verbal tick. (But I thought I'd mention it anyway).

Yes I thought he was good on the Dolce Crapo show last night - only saw about 25 minutes of it (£100 for a cardi?! Come on QVC - there's a recession going on!!) but he was great at giving out the sizes. On a side note, what was with that woman's hair? Does she not have a brush ...?

Felt sorry for him on the Kipling bag show though - he kept calling Blue Jean, Jean Blue. Must have been a hard show for him but he gave out all the relevant info etc.

Well after consideration I have decided he is deffinately Mr Oily Slick.

He looks like a reject from Spandau Ballet or the guy who lurks by the dance floor at the end of the night hoping to cop a smooch!!:30:
Plus.....
(I bet the sales of fake tan rise phenomenally at QVC towers):18:

I'd like to welcome Daniel and to wish him well in his new job. It's so hard being new however much experience you might have. His look and manner are what I expect to see on a shopping channel. He comes over as a professional and I will quite happily watch a show he presents unlike some presenters who have me reaching for the remote control. Good luck Daniel!

Yes I welcome him too...but he does look a bit cheesey like Spandau Ballet! But he was ok and think I prefer him to Craig. Not sure...think they are both a bit cheesey.

too posh for tv

totally totally totally agree..... smarmy was just the word i was looking for.

and too "posh" aswell..

and he does that thing of looking to the camera while the guest is speaking as if to say "this is just me and you the viewer, we're this together... whats she on about?". its really disrespectful to the guest. Anthony used to do it all the time but has improved.

cant abide him already.

e need a new female presneter with some 'kin attitude for gods sake

since when has anyone been too posh for tv. it grieves me to see people who can hardly string a sentence together become presenters too many unatractive thickos on the tv already. maybe some people cannot identify with a bit of class.

Latest posts

Back