Daniel the new boy on today

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It puzzles me a little that someone, who apparently unlike some of us, really cares about peoples feelings should do exactly what we are accused of. Countrygirl should practice what she preaches. Someone cannot express disapproval at the hurtful behaviour of others and then immediately make hurtful accusations themselves. I am hurt that she thinks that I am unhappy or unattractive or possibly both. It would have been enough to defend these presenters without being hurtful about fellow forum members. We know a little bit about the presenters but Countrygirl you don't even know me!

Anyone who is in the public domain sets themselves up for criticism.
The papers this morning are full of pictures of Fern Britten in a very unflattering dress,but I doubt that any one approached her yesterday and told her she didn't look that great.
With regard to QVC presenters, unless you are a personal friend of theirs I doubt any of us on here are qualified to say what they are truly like.
Anyone who is at a promotional event representing a company has a duty to be friendly and professional.
I am sure that most of the presenters are jolly decent folks but I would not know.
I can however as a consumer, make a judgement on what I see and hear .
If I went into a shop to buy a piece of jewellery I would expect the sales personel to be pleasant,knowlegable and professional.I would not expect them to be laughing hysterically with colleagues and although I may not comment, I would most deffinately notice if they had dirty nails,perma tan or a dodgy hairstyle.
QVC presenters are well paid sales personel.It is their job to inform the consumer about a product whilst being friendly articulate and presentable.
It is human nature to comment on people in general and certainly in my profession my performance is appraised,and assessed.
Claudia in my opinion is silly and giggly and far too easily distracted from her job by what is being said in her ear piece.This does not make her a bad person..just a poor presenter imho.
We all have opinions on what makes a good /bad sales person.
If I were on TV I would expect that the viewers would comment on my appearance and performance especially if I were a new kid on the block.

Right everyone - enough! Where's the love for each other? I know, I know - we're all just noting our opinions but some observations are getting close to character assassination and personal insults!
Let's start over and be positive.

Not a fan of the orange grease ball look, as it does test my gag reflexes.:11: Daniel looked as if he’d just done a shift at his local chippy, before going on air. Is he trying to out tan Dale Winton?

But I’m guessing all the smarminess may be due to Daniel being in auto-pilot mode, as not only is he in a new job, he’s also having to readjust to the Blighty way of life, and his family are still in America. So hopefully he’ll improve with time.

I'm not being funny but i bet all of you that make these 'snide' remarks about the Presenters are either really unhappy or not very attractive and possibly both otherwise why would you chose to say some of these things?. Why would you waste your precious time bitching about other people in this world. I don't think you realise how it makes you sound. These people are doing a 'job' just like you in your 'job'. So what if it happens to be in the public space, that doesn't mean they are trying to be 'better' than the rest of us. They are not newsreaders, they represent real people, so who cares if they might mispronounce somethings, they are real.

Sorry to disappoint you CountryGirl, but I’m neither unattractive or unhappy. I’m just exercising my democratic right to voice an opinion, however trivial it may be. But a lot of what is said is said tongue-in-cheek. When you put yourself out there in the public domain, you open yourself up to potential criticism, as well as praise.

This thread has set me thinking, do we watch QVC for the products or for the presenters, I know I just watch the shows that appeal to me, but how long I watch for depends on the who is presenting...Craig, Debbie G and Claire get 5mins max from me, the others could get 15/30 mins depending on the product. The only presenter I can watch for longer is JR...except when she is on with Simon of B&W. We all have our favourites and I am quite sure the presenters couldn't give a monkeys what we think of them...they just laugh all the way to the bank.;)

This thread has set me thinking, do we watch QVC for the products or for the presenters, I know I just watch the shows that appeal to me, but how long I watch for depends on the who is presenting...Craig, Debbie G and Claire get 5mins max from me, the others could get 15/30 mins depending on the product. The only presenter I can watch for longer is JR...except when she is on with Simon of B&W. We all have our favourites and I am quite sure the presenters couldn't give a monkeys what we think of them...they just laugh all the way to the bank.;)[/QUOTE]

You may well be so right on that.
This is no insult to her, but I remember when Catherine started she gave the impression she'd was a mother on her own ex dental nurse.
Little or nothing to wear only the suit she's bought for her interview, wearing QVC clothing for most of her shows.
Then as times gone on she said she could afford the odd item but only if it were on easy pay so she could budet the money each month.
Oh how times change now she says she bought this and that with the post man always calling with QVC parcels.
Been shopping recently in New York for Lulu Guiness no wonder she now say's her friends say to her "oh you'll not be wearing that, it's not designer."
Seem's like landing a job at QVC as made big changes for Catherine.

Latest posts

Back