Daniel Sandler.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

thank you Donna, will come back to this laters when i have time (and ooops, i managed to spell Roja's/Roger's name incorrectly too ...)

I think we're going to be lonely in the cupboard.

any room for a little one in that cupboard??
I come bearing chocolate cake!
can't stand LG either, she throws products on with a trowel!! hehe
ok let me in now!!!

Can i join also.??? I don't know why everyone raves about this range. I have the B & B and use it for round the house etc., but not overly mad
on it. I can bring vodka and ice cream for the cupboard :)

Deedee and Sparkly welcome to the cupboard.

Did someone say chocolate cake and vodka:grin::grin:

Ok, I have used LG B&B for a few years now, but recently I have gone off it, It just seems too heavy, dry & powdery or something, cant put my finger on it, Im actually thinking of mayb a good liquid foundation as I think I need more moisture. Any suggestions? My skin is normal/combination. Cheers peeps.

PS. I wanna come into the cupboard too if Barbs has Vod... I'll bring the DC ;) ;)

I think we need a bigger place than a cupboard, its getting full in there he he. Latchi i use Estee Lauder Double Wear as i work long
hours and it stays on me. I think they do a lighter version, i got it for my daughter if you need less coverage.

See you in the cupboard, oh and bring diet seven up please :)

Just on the packaging thing, of course loads of brand have the same 'innovative' packaging. Huge trade fairs are held every year in Europe and the US and brands send their reps along to see what new ideas and 'delivery systems' will suit their brand. Sometimes brands will buy exclusive rights to a particular design for maybe a year (usually all they are allowed) so you'll have Smashbox and their Halo grater powder in 'never seen before' packaging. Then Elizabeth Arden brought one out, now Stila have the same. The company I work for produces CD's and various music related products so we do the very same thing, we're looking for new ways to present music/books and we'll go to different fairs and exhibitions to see whats new out there. What annoys beauty brands I think is when someone high end buys a certain type of packaging then a lower end brand brings out something similar. I think Smashbox had exclusive rights to the Halo pacakaging because loads of really low end companies copied their 'blockbuster' Christmas palettes and it cheapened the look of the Smashbox version. If high end companies really want to innovate and stand out from lower end knock offs they employ their own designers to come up with new packaging and then patent it.

As for DS makeup? The few bits I tried were poor at best. A friend RAVED about his big powder brush so I splashed out and it was rubbish so I won't be trying anymore. Strange though that bloggers (a certain few in particular) absolutely adore his stuff... ; )

Give me Daniel over Stacy from YBF any day,can't stand all this girlfriend crap.
Lynn
I agree about Stacey but she has an excuse in that she's American, I personally find most of them a bit OTT but DS is supposed to be British.

Don't you just find the constant reference to designing for 'real women' a real bore - not just DS but loads of the Q guests spout this patronising rubbish.

Thank you RedT, that is what I was trying to say, but of course I am all over the place. I caught a bit of CID last night, I remember the brand in my local House of Fraser. I just looked and thought, 'That is Laura Geller baked stuff!'. The blushes were the same. The the famous lip gloss with the mirror and lip which they sell for was it £15????? Collection 2000 had the same product for ages.

One very famous(well if you read MUA etc), is Lime Crime which was in SpaceNK for awhile. Very weird bright yellow and green lipsticks, which some raved over etc. The woman who created it was a beauty blogger so everyone(not me not into green lipstick), supported her with the brand buying it. Then it turned out she actually was using pre made up formulas etc and putting into her own packaging and branding it. Things turned very nasty when others started calling her out on it. All hell then broke loose as the Lime Crime woman threatened them all with legal action. So now any newbie who asks about the brand is told the brand using other peoples formulas and not to buy it.

Then Laura Geller and the BnB baked especially in Italy. But Mario claims the same and he invented it, but then again so did Alexander Jerome.

I tried Mario de Luigis italian marble powder (cant remember if he called it baked, dont think so. ) and it was nothing like LGs BNB. It waslike a normal pressed powder with chunks of lilac, green, apricot, brown etc in it and was very powdery. It did not have the same texture and certainly was nothing like BNB in terms of creamy finish and coverage on the skin IMO. Very different.

This is an informative thread ! I've never tried any Qvc make up so can't comment on quality etc.
I know that L'oreal own Lancome, but Lancome products always seem far better quality than the L'oreal branded off the shelf skincare and make up. How does this work ? do the prestige brands owned by the big companies have better ingredients in them, or are they the same in fancier packaging ?

Lancome and L'Oreal are own by the same brand company something like Lamco???? The same brand own YSL beaute as well.

What happens is the higher end brand spends the money on the research which when they release they have to recoup. So about a year later the cheaper brand will get a cheaper version, which people will rush to buy as it sounds as good as the higher end one. Some ingredients will not be the same, cost cutting.

Lancome have a new foundation out with a concealer in the lid and the added magic serum which Lancome came out with last year. I did try it and don't like but I am sure loads will.

Its like the Boots serum Protect and whatever. A doctor made a documentary looking for products that really make a difference. The brand which worked the best was £200+, the Boots one hadn't the same proved ingredient but a cheaper one that worked but not as well as the expensive one. Everyone rushed to buy the Boots No7 one of course.

I've always taken the description "real women" as meaning, you poor b***ers who aren't as pretty as the models.

I'm on the train coming home from London and I wasnt going to log in just lurk and catch up on today's posts, but I had to say that I love your response LEL it made me laugh out loud when I read it - spot on lol

Donna said : 'Its like the Boots serum Protect and whatever. A doctor made a documentary looking for products that really make a difference. The brand which worked the best was £200+, the Boots one hadn't the same proved ingredient but a cheaper one that worked but not as well as the expensive one. Everyone rushed to buy the Boots No7 one of course.'

Donna,
i remember this study, sponsored by Boots, performed by a Manchester Dermatologist and the methodology was a double blind trial - one lot was given the Boots Protect & Perfect Serum, another group was given a placebo (i.e. a plain mosturiser) and none of them know who was using what.
only 1 serum, the Boots one was tested, no other brands at all, of any price range, £200+ or not were tested.
unusually, the contract stipulated that the result of this study would be published in the Dermatology equivalent of the British Medical Journal, no matter what the outcome for Boots i.e. proper science and peer-review publishing.
i remember looking into all of that at time, as it gave rise lots of articles about being able to repair sun damaged skin & wrinkles and the subsequent stampede at Boots stores
the BBC Horizon documentary was based on the study - or are you talking about another documentary, as i can't figure out how this bit you mentioned fits in : The brand which worked the best was £200+, the Boots one hadn't the same proved ingredient but a cheaper one that worked but not as well as the expensive one. ?

Latest posts

Back