Dalton - eyebrows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BusyMum

Registered Shopper
Has anyone tried this airless brow doodah? Just watched the video and the black isn't black but dark brown..I don't have all my brows but what I have is black, dark brown pencils just look ridiculous, I have to have black (increasingly hard to find too!) and use a light hand. Wondered if anyone could give me a heads-up on this, I've got the black in my shopping cart and hanging on!

Have ordered the Blonde shade,hope its the right colour for me,the only negative reviews I have read are about the brush being too stiff not a problem for me as I have loads of brushes.It would have helped if we were shown the shades in the container.
Lynn

Busymum, I have black brows. I put Bobbie Brown gel liner on my lids, and then fill in the tails of my brows, which ate a bit sparse, with whatever remains on the brush. I them comb through with a brow brush. I find this quick, smudgeproof, lasts all day and looks natural.

Last edited:
thank you ladies...I let the Dalton go, I didn't think it was going to be dark enough - I tried a black/brown Rimmel eyebrow pencil the other week and it looked ridiculous, you could definitely see the join - it looked reddish brown more than anything. My usual pencil is the Chantecaille from Space NK in Ebony but I bought one a month back and the wretched thing has gone already as it just wouldn't sharpen, kept breaking - I've tried contacting their customer service to complain but haven't a heard a word back, must send again, £19 that one cost me and I got a week out of it! At the mo I'm using a Gosh Soft Black pencil which doesn't seem too bad, (and only £6!) but thank you for that Bobbi Brown suggestion LLE, next time I'm in Nottm I'll check it out in House of Fraser...ta muchly!

I have very sparse black brows too and it's so hard get one on the high street, It annoys me so much that brunette seems to be as dark as most companys go. It's not something I'll pay a fortune for as I fly through them, and loose them, but essence and Isadora both do proper black pencils, if that's of any help to you.

I'm still on the look out. I'm another one with black brows. Wasn't so bad before I decided to grow out my fringe.

Have you considered the 'mimic root hair colour' which comes in black, this can be used on eyebrows with success (it comes with a brush for eyebrows)and some of the QVC reviewers have said it's better than things like browtech?

what's this "mimic root hair colour" then apple, not heard of that one? I'm missing the inner half inch of both brows due to over-zealous over-plucking in my youth - I've been using various serums and I have some hairs again but I doubt that they're ever going to be thick enough for me not to need pencil, sadly..

what's this "mimic root hair colour" then apple, not heard of that one? I'm missing the inner half inch of both brows due to over-zealous over-plucking in my youth - I've been using various serums and I have some hairs again but I doubt that they're ever going to be thick enough for me not to need pencil, sadly..

Just looked at this product again and was disgusted to see it's gone up over £8 since I bought it a few weeks ago (it wasn't as if it was on an introductory price when i bought it!)

Don't know how well it would work on a particulary sparse area but one reviewer wrote:

Bought as a brow solution"I'm always looking at brow defining products because from the arch to the ear my brow has both sparser hairs and 50% less height.
My hair and brows are black, and even dark brown or "brunette" looks silly on me given that one half of my brow is still black.
Pencils look so false, so I've always touched in with very dark grey matte eyeshadow, however it doesn't stay put for long.
Smashbox Brow Tech with brush in the pot - brunette is the darkest they go and I don't like the electric cocoa effect it gives.
Smashbox's Brow-Tech to Go pencil in brunette is very easy to use and gets the shape I want very quickly. I knew the colour wouldn't be right but wanted to see what the texture of the pencil was like and it's really good and I can get the shape I need very quickly, so I kept it and go over it with
Bare Escentuals shadow liner (either soft black or onyx) with their (boar bristle) brow-brush.
So I decided to try this product, being black, dry/waxy and coming with a brow brush too, it seemed to be what I was looking for.
The brow brush is pretty soft in comparison to the BE brow brush so it gives quite a blurred smoky effect on the skin, especially if you've got any moisturiser or BE foundation on the skin, so I have to make sure my brows are free of other products to get a good finish. The colour is spot-on and stays well although I do run over it with some BE liner shadow if I want a deeper black, especially if I'm wearing deep eyeshadow colours.
I have a straight hair and a slightly widened parting if I centre-part due to pulling out a few bright whites there but otherwise not needing to dye just yet. I touched in a little there on the scalp skin and it seemed to work ok without looking false. I also sharpened up the hairline edge which above the temples is a little thinner due to wearing it back daily and that really looked natural too. For me it's all about keeping the sharp, clear definition between dark hair/eyes/brows against clear, glowing skin, for as long as possible, so these little touch-ins with Mimic were subtle and natural-looking.
Glad there was a black option as would never have tried this product otherwise."

Not sure I'd pay the new price of £28 quid for it!

thank you apple..sounds interesting, but I don't know if it's for me.. I did a bit of Googling and Shiseido do a "natural black" but when I went to buy, guess what, out of stock, but they will e-mail me when it's available. So, either stores don't stock enough black in the first place or there are a lot of other laydees out there who want BLACK..!

I've tried that in the past Queen Bee without a lot of success...however, now I've got a few hairs for it to grip onto, it might work a bit better, maybe I'll give it another try!

Today tho, I'm using a Sisley pencil in shade Brun - I looked at it in Nottm last week but refused to pay the price, £31 if you please! However, lovely DD surprised me with it this morning for my b/day (65 :eek: but who's counting..!) and the colour is good, staying power also good, the brows are still there, only prob is if I like it and it works well, I gotta buy another when it runs out - should last till Xmas hopefully then perhaps Santa will bring me another!

Ah happy birthday!! Great pressie too. It could be a recurring theme on your Christmas and Birthday lists. I always put handcream on mine. I love the Clarins one but at £15 a go it seems such a lot to spend when other cheaper ones still "do the job" just aren't quite as lovely.

Thank you ladies..have had a lovely day! Yes the Sisley pencil might just be covered for 12 months what with birthday, Xmas & Mother's Day pretty evenly spaced out for me!

Ooh-Ooh! A very Happy Birthday from me, too! Cake, and LotsOfIt!!! x Snarly

my friend baked me a cake as a surprise Snarly, but I was out when she came by so she left it with a neighbour, which then led to me receiving a card and box of chocs from the neighbour too!

Latest posts

Back