Dale Franklin Age?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

EleanorFrancis

Registered Shopper
Hi, does anyone know how old Dale is? Altough he comes across smarmy, probaly the best eye candy, in terms of the male presenters, but was thinking he must be getting on now. Thanks

Hi, does anyone know how old Dale is? Altough he comes across smarmy, probaly the best eye candy, in terms of the male presenters, but was thinking he must be getting on now. Thanks
He comes across as very smarmy, but most of the male presenters do. In my opinion, he's not eye candy. He has tremendous dark bags under his eyes and and I think he wears shape wear and shoulder pads on occasion. I can only guess his age at over 55, but somebody else will probably know exactly.

He comes across as very smarmy, but most of the male presenters do. In my opinion, he's not eye candy. He has tremendous dark bags under his eyes and and I think he wears shape wear and shoulder pads on occasion. I can only guess his age at over 55, but somebody else will probably know exactly.
Shapewear and shoulder pads??? seriously???

Without the smarminess he is quite good looking & smartly dressed/groomed. But the smarminess makes him completely unattractive in my book.

perhaps I’m odd but ‘handsome’ has never been a main attribute of any man I’ve loved or just been attracted to.
You're not at all - I understand your point ;o)

I don’t mind Dale but then the female presenters make a very low benchmark
;o) ;o) ;o) they do - he does seem to flirt with them alot aswell - certainly more than the other male presenters - I can't imagine his wife would be pleaseed. What are we saying then - around 55? Don't remember him saying about a 50th birthday, but agree, he must be older than 50.

Dale is early 60s, I recall him having his 60th birthday in last couple years I think.

Without the smarminess he is quite good looking & smartly dressed/groomed. But the smarminess makes him completely unattractive in my book.

perhaps I’m odd but ‘handsome’ has never been a main attribute of any man I’ve loved or just been attracted to.
I agree, for me it's a combination of several things & an indefinable suggestion of just 'something'. I watched the programme about Bridgewater, the new RHS garden, the passion these people showed for the project was compelling & when my sister & I talked about it we both said that enthusiasm is a sexy quality. I've always loved Tom Conti & have seen him on stage several times, there's a scene in The Real Thing by Stoppard where Conti's character tells his mistress how to use a cricket bat, his interest & knowledge as he was explaining the finer points was one of the most sensual performances I've ever seen

I like Dale and think he is a good presenter, he always seem to do his homework on what he is presenting. Imo he is the best male presenter on qvc. I only switch him off when he is on with AP.
I agree, Kathy. He does his homework, unlike others who try to coast through the hours. He's always polite and the show never draws attention to Dale, does it, Charlie and several others?

Thanks so much everyone.

All getting on a bit now, and to be honest I think Dales looks good if he is in his 60's - put him more mid to late 50's.

Read the article @Twilight kindly sent across - don't read many blogs, as these presenters are all a little too big for their boots, some more than others, but I think he comes across ok from it. Got me thinking, married for 35 years and 20 years on QVC working with his fellow females - it's done well to last. I can imagine that environemnt is tough to work in with all their egos and politics.
Sep-19 Group.PNG

I agree, for me it's a combination of several things & an indefinable suggestion of just 'something'. I watched the programme about Bridgewater, the new RHS garden, the passion these people showed for the project was compelling & when my sister & I talked about it we both said that enthusiasm is a sexy quality. I've always loved Tom Conti & have seen him on stage several times, there's a scene in The Real Thing by Stoppard where Conti's character tells his mistress how to use a cricket bat, his interest & knowledge as he was explaining the finer points was one of the most sensual performances I've ever seen
When I was a little girl I remember seeing Tom Conti on Jackanory and being very impressed with him and his glossy dark hair (he may or may not have been sitting on a fake parapet and wearing tights - I think it was a fairytale type story he was telling). I asked my mum if he was handsome (I was too young to be sure for myself) and she said that yes, he was. (I got a similar reply when I asked if Georgie Best had nice legs after seeing him sporting blue socks in a short programme that was on after 'The Magic Roundabout'.

But back to Mr. Conti - a few years ago I saw him at breakfast in a lovely hotel in Cattolica (on the Adriatic coast) and we exchanged 'good mornings' in Italian and I managed to restrain myself and didn't mention Jackanory.

Obviously he was a good bit older but he looked pretty much the same.

Dale is quite short, so as he's looking down at his wife in that lovely wedding day photo, she must be very petite...
Actually I think most of the male presenters are short...except beanpole Charlie.
But yes, Dale is as professional now as he was when I started watching Q in 2009. The female presenters, on the other hand, seem to have not merely lowered their standards but totally abandoned them!
He is positively saintly not to have throttled the monstrous ego that is AP.

When I was a little girl I remember seeing Tom Conti on Jackanory and being very impressed with him and his glossy dark hair (he may or may not have been sitting on a fake parapet and wearing tights - I think it was a fairytale type story he was telling). I asked my mum if he was handsome (I was too young to be sure for myself) and she said that yes, he was. (I got a similar reply when I asked if Georgie Best had nice legs after seeing him sporting blue socks in a short programme that was on after 'The Magic Roundabout'.

But back to Mr. Conti - a few years ago I saw him at breakfast in a lovely hotel in Cattolica (on the Adriatic coast) and we exchanged 'good mornings' in Italian and I managed to restrain myself and didn't mention Jackanory.

Obviously he was a good bit older but he looked pretty much the same.
Tom Conti & George Best - sublime. It's been seven years since we last saw him on stage, he was in his early 70s & his voice was still deep dark chocolate. I first saw him in The Glittering prizes when I was 17 & have loved him from that moment. After one play he did a Q&A session, he'd starred & directed so I thought out my question & was lucky enough to get to ask it. My claim to fame is that he gave a great answer, thanked me for such an erudite question & said that he liked my green dress that had been visible to those on stage; I was mortified & must have shown that because he came over & said that he'd enjoyed concentrating on me. I can understand why he had the marriage he did...

Dale is quite short, so as he's looking down at his wife in that lovely wedding day photo, she must be very petite...
Actually I think most of the male presenters are short...except beanpole Charlie.
But yes, Dale is as professional now as he was when I started watching Q in 2009. The female presenters, on the other hand, seem to have not merely lowered their standards but totally abandoned them!
He is positively saintly not to have throttled the monstrous ego that is AP.
Defo.
Thanks so much everyone.

All getting on a bit now, and to be honest I think Dales looks good if he is in his 60's - put him more mid to late 50's.

Read the article @Twilight kindly sent across - don't read many blogs, as these presenters are all a little too big for their boots, some more than others, but I think he comes across ok from it. Got me thinking, married for 35 years and 20 years on QVC working with his fellow females - it's done well to last. I can imagine that environemnt is tough to work in with all their egos and politics.View attachment 21243
This photo is of four of the biggest egos, I know CS went last summer so I'll swap her for Knuckles Kramer!

Defo.

This photo is of four of the biggest egos, I know CS went last summer so I'll swap her for Knuckles Kramer!
"Knuckles Kramer" :ROFLMAO: . Possibly my least favourite presenter: what is it about that voice which is so totally unbearable, apart from the obvious problem of constant shouting?

Thinking about it, I haven't actually seen her on for ages. Could it possibly be that she's left... Or is that too much to hope for?

I agree, Kathy. He does his homework, unlike others who try to coast through the hours. He's always polite and the show never draws attention to Dale, does it, Charlie and several others?
Dale is easy listening. I find him very likeable. Charlie always looks bored, and seems to be taking the pee, Craig is like an over excited puppy, and Micael gabbles ten to the dozen and makes my head spin!

Latest posts

Back