Crowngate resuurrected

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks for that Strattobuddy. My take on this, would have not to put it up for auction, but to have it on display at various venues, yes even the Butler & Wilson shop. Great publicity for Diamonique, capturing an audience of those who never, or are unable to watch QVC.

Wherever the crown is now, I find it a great shame that something so beautifully done is only in the possession of one person, rather than being enjoyed by many. I know you were willing to purchase this Strattobuddy, but can I ask where it would sit in your home, or had you another purpose for it ?

I am a bit of a collector, especially of unusual things.

For example, I bought QVC's huge 150ct display diamonique sample, about the size of a hand palm, and in a polished wood box with a glass top.

I have a photo of this, but it is embedded in a Word document, and I don't know how to extract it to post here. Copying and pasting the photo did not work.

I've finally managed to post the pic, it's taken ages. Click to view.

QVC 150ct diamonique display cropped.jpg

Can we run a forum sweep on who has the crown? I bagsy Prince Charles (possibly Camilla), they must be feeling the the real one will never be theirs! :mysmilie_13:

Meanwhile back at the crown...Alan I've saved a search on ebay for "diamonique crown" and I'll tip you off when I get an email to say it's up for sale. :mysmilie_59:

So does Julia bring it out especially for those nights with her partner?

Yes, toe post, hold up fishnets and the crown

'If you think I'm sexy'. :mysmilie_15:
Don't the forget the jeggings with the ankle zips, they would complement the crown perfectly.

In all seriousness what could you do with a crown other than look at it and wear it if you were so inclined but down our way you`d get a few funny looks if you did that !
I`d honestly have my doubts it would increase in value and lord know what my kids would do with it after I`d popped my clogs. I can see it in a shop display somewhere or used in the theatre/TV/film as a prop or for advertising something but other than that I`d be struggling for ideas. Anybody got other ideas ?

In all seriousness what could you do with a crown other than look at it and wear it if you were so inclined but down our way you`d get a few funny looks if you did that !
I`d honestly have my doubts it would increase in value and lord know what my kids would do with it after I`d popped my clogs. I can see it in a shop display somewhere or used in the theatre/TV/film as a prop or for advertising something but other than that I`d be struggling for ideas. Anybody got other ideas ?

I think the raw materials may have been worth more than £1K... so, technically, it could have made a profit by being broken down for the stones and silver etc.

Way back, Freddie Mercury at the end of each Queen gig came out wearing a crown but with red velvet. The crowd sang God Save The Queen, and he walked up and down the stage giving them the royal wave.

Could the current owner of the bling headwear perhaps use it as a fund raiser prize for a charity?:wink:

Perhaps - if they chose to do so. Why don't QVC commission a tiara so as not to copy the crown? A lot of people would bid for a tiara.

PS: I have been trying to find if there have been any reply from Will to the questions asked, but have seen nothing new on Twitter, nor can I access his QVC blog - I'm getting an error message. To ease the minds of some, I really hope that some information will be forthcoming regarding this matter.

The posts are still on his FB page, so well done to him for not deleting them.

Here are a few excerpts from the relevant posts:

WILL - Three years ago today I was wearing £10,500 worth of Diamonique crown at QVC UK, I want it back for ‪#‎RoyalBabyWatch‬!

WILL - I don't know what happened to it in the end Hilary, maybe we should start a campaign to find the Diamonique crown!!

ME - I wanted to bid on it, but the auction didn't come up. The next thing I heard was that it had been sold for £1000, less than it cost to make it. Then rumours started that it was sold to a QVC insider, and a lot of people were concerned about " insider dealing" and the charity losing out by £1000's. I would have definitely bid more than £1000 if I'd had the chance. Are you able to find out anything about this?

WILL - Hi Alan, I thought the crown had been created to mark the 60th anniversary of the Queen's coronation? I genuinely know nothing of any "insider dealing", this is very unlikely, but I will absolutely ask our marketing department where the crown has ended up. Best wishes & have a great bank holiday, Will

I agree about having it on display somewhere and maybe in some sort of tourist attraction people might be prepared to pay to have their photo taken whilst wearing the crown.

The crown is beautiful to look at but silver!

I wonder if its all tarnished and black by now. Maybe you are better off without it Strato, imagine the cleaning it would need.

Love the massive diamond though, thats a lovely thing to have. ( I have a cheap glass one).

Perhaps the Queen has it as her everyday crown for wearing whilst she`s doing the washing up or cleaning her windows etc and she saves her real crown for best ?

Latest posts

Back