credit crunch - what are you doing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Less QVC - mostly thanks to this forum putting it into perspective (apart from SCW who keeps tempting me with the clearance prices on the jewellery :54:)

On small savings, I've got one of those electricity monitors and it's amazing how much leccy it takes to boil a kettle - I now make sure there's only the amount I need to make a cuppa and use it straight away rather than walk off and re-boil it again a few minutes later. We live in the dark anyway as OH is always turning off the lights :34:

Less QVC - mostly thanks to this forum putting it into perspective (apart from SCW who keeps tempting me with the clearance prices on the jewellery :54:)

On small savings, I've got one of those electricity monitors and it's amazing how much leccy it takes to boil a kettle - I now make sure there's only the amount I need to make a cuppa and use it straight away rather than walk off and re-boil it again a few minutes later. We live in the dark anyway as OH is always turning off the lights :34:

Hey wouldnt mind getting one these electriciy monitors,, where do you get them and how much??

Less QVC for me too. I am really trying hard not to buy much these days. I find QVC boring at the moment, so that is good for me and I'm not watching nearly as much as I used to.

Was it the Owl Wireless Electricity Monitor You purchased?

I have seen these for sale for £35

Hey wouldnt mind getting one these electriciy monitors,, where do you get them and how much??

Hi Goldie, Kath, yes, it's an OWL but I got mine on a Daily Mail offer, where you collected tokens + £4.99. And then an energy saving gang plug turned up out of the blue from British Gas, saying "as a valued customer of British Gas" (which we're not) they were sending me this as part of the offer. So, all in all, a bargain.

Check with your electricity company cos, when I was looking at pricing, I think I noticed one or two gave them free.

Wait 'til you get it set up Tia, it's quite an eye-opener.

They're easy to set up - you just put a clip on the main lead going into meter and put the sender nearby (I screwed mine to the chipboard that the meter's screwed on to but you could probably leave it freestanding in meter box if practicable). Then you take the monitor indoors and watch :11:.

What am I doing? Well, trying to save on absolutely everything in life, so that I can fund keeping my hair in good nick and still buy a good spf moisturiser.

What am I doing? Well, trying to save on absolutely everything in life, so that I can fund keeping my hair in good nick and still buy a good spf moisturiser.

There are some things a gal just can't do without :21: - and chocolate :3:

Looked under the bed and feel ashamed at how much l'occitane was there and Liz Earle too.Will probably get the TSV from l'occitane to try the peach one out but won't be buying anything else for a bit.Someone very kindly got me the kipling TSV bag for a my birthday present which was nice and I did really want it in the black.I have been really good,even in the run up to Christmas,I also had a lot of stuff under the bed for gifts at Christmas,Liz Earle for my sister in law and 2 really nice yankee things too for my friend and cousin.We are saving to go to Florida this year so I have to cut right back,in the past I have bought things I dont need so I havent been watching QVC either!! If I cant see it then I dont get caught up in all the sales patter and buy things for the sake of it!!
I was lucky at Christmas to have l'occitane and MB bought for me so I have plenty to keep me going:1:

I have a few vices but, haven't bought a huge amount this year and don't spend nothing to what we used to. We are lucky both me and hubby have jobs but, you never know whats around the corner

my main cutback is beauty - I'm getting samples where i can or buying sampler kits so i don't get stuck with itsm I can't use at a huge cost - if i think of what I've spent in the past it scares me :)

We are very lucky and have a very low morgage, we paid big chunks of ours off when hubby had regular overtime. He has not had any overtime for over a year now, but the main thing he has a job as he is the only wage earner as I'm a full time mum. My spending at QVC has come down alot the last year, because I was shocked how much beauty stuff I had unopened. I now keep a notebook and write down everything I buy waiting to be used, it has really helped curb my spending.

So far this year I've only bought the bargain Elemis Cleanser and Toner which I use anyway. My next purchase will be the Decleor TSV at the weekend.

We don't watch the tv much now we do a jigsaw in another room, so we are saving money on the lecci by not having the tv on and not buying from QVC anywhere near as much as in the past.

Read a post in the US where someone mentioned The Use It Up Campaign.

I started this 3 years ago with QVC bath products and I am still wading through them.

I put all the products in groups eg Body Products, Face products, Cosmetics together, I was astounded how much I had purchased. I have not bought any QVC Beauty since and am in the Use It Up phase.

My 1 weakness at the moment is Nail Polish- but I feel QVC does not offer value for money in this area. They very rarely offer unique colours or finishes and are expensive. Would rather spend my money with small businesses:(

Latest posts

Back