Could you help me please with customer services

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
I posted a thread during the week re. the sound levels on QVC, just lately it has been going really loud during the promos in the breaks.I'd rung CS to tell them and they said they would email London but they had not had any other complaints. Seven of you kindly replied and said you were having the same problem. When I rang CS today to ask if they had any feedback from London they said that it must be my TV sound settings, they obviously think I am an imbecil. They said nothing could be done unless they had other complaints.
Would any of you kind souls that are having the same problem be good enough to phone CS and complain. I think they think I'm making it up. Sorry this is a bit long winded but it pi**e* me off that they don't believe me.

How do you view QVC?
I watch it on freeview and through Virgin Media and don't have an issue with the sound.
Perhaps it is an issue with your supplier or the locality you are in.
Or perhaps it is a way for QVC to sell more of today's TSV - The Samsung TV. :)

Hi Simon I watch it on Freeview and I'm in East Anglia. You may well be right about the TSV's lol

Sorry I didnt see your other thread but the sound on my TV goes up when the promos come on when QVC is on
OH always complains about it, it often does it when a programme finishes and the music comes on and it is really annoying.
I think you can get TV's now that automatically adjust the volume so it remains constant all the time.

I watch TV and QVC via a freeview box

If they tell you they haven't had any other complaints we will know they are lying, thank you Bluebell.

Baby toes have you tried looking at the TVs sound menu?
Sometimes you can tick a box in the menu to prevent the sound increasing during adverts. Perhaps a look at the TVs instructions might help?

Hi Simon I watch it on Freeview and I'm in East Anglia. You may well be right about the TSV's lol

I watch it on Freeview and am also in East Anglia. As I mentioned before, I've also noticed the poor sound quality when I have it on on the computer too. Funnily enough, I nearly rang them today because it seemed to have got worse rather than better (which I thought was a little odd seeing as how you had rung them to tell then about the problem.)

I have in fact just rung them and reported it and the woman I spoke to said that she would inform the studio that a problem with the sound, during the promotional 'adverts,' had been reported. I described it as sounding as though they'd been recorded in a shed using tin cans as microphones and I said that new viewers might wonder why QVC was broadcasting that kind of quality sound.

It remains to be seen whether they correct it or not. :33:

I do know that on the usual channels BBC,ITV,Living and Sky the volume has always gone up when the ad breaks come on. I swear its to wake you up to buy stuff they are advertising.:54:

It seems by way its a Freeview thing in East Anglia, could it be the way the signal comes through to you?

I am on Virgin and no problems.

My sound has been a bit variable, I am in Lancashire and sometimes watch through Sky but sometimes watch through Freeview.

BT I'll keep a listen out today I'm on viewing Virgin Media - Lancashire.
I did notice the sound went up loud for the Elle jewellery advert.
Did anyone else notice that ?
It's is happening for every advert break ?
I'll repeort back what's happening here away.

I do know that on the usual channels BBC,ITV,Living and Sky the volume has always gone up when the ad breaks come on. I swear its to wake you up to buy stuff they are advertising.:54:

It seems by way its a Freeview thing in East Anglia, could it be the way the signal comes through to you?

I am on Virgin and no problems.

Definitely not only a Freeview/East Anglia problem as I watch it on Sky in London and have the same issue.

Definitely not only a Freeview/East Anglia problem as I watch it on Sky in London and have the same issue.

Hi Topaz have you phoned QVC CS, I'd love to know if they are still saying they haven't had any other complaints.
Bobbie x

I live in the East Midlands and have Freeview. The promos used to be loud but now they sound like they are broadcasting from the QVC toilets. If it wasn't for this forum I would think there was a fault with my tv. I am going to email customer services about the sound. I dread ringing them because they always treat me like I am an idiot which makes me nervous and then I sound like an idiot.....

By the way I am new to the forum. So sorry in advance if I make any mistakes!

Baby toes have you tried looking at the TVs sound menu?
Sometimes you can tick a box in the menu to prevent the sound increasing during adverts. Perhaps a look at the TVs instructions might help?

Thanks Simon I checked the sound menu last night and it was ok, it only happens on QVC any other channels are normal.

I have noticed that on some of the other sky channels - I think paramount but not sure the sound goes up really loud when the ads come on. When I am watching Two and a Half Men if I have the sound so I can hear the program it is nearly deafening when the ads come on. So I think it is not just qvc.

Hi Topaz have you phoned QVC CS, I'd love to know if they are still saying they haven't had any other complaints.
Bobbie x

Hi Bobbie, I've emailed them. I said I know that other viewers have experienced sound problems and that I have to keep adjusting the sound when the live shows go over to pre-recorded adverts. I've asked them to check it out with the appropriate people. I'll let you know when I get a response.

I've registered just to say I have the same thing. I'm using Freeview in London. The sounds between the live show sounds likes going through a vocoder. That sort of sound.

i watch on freeview in dorset and i can still hear the dodgy souns, its not the actual program its the adverts it sounds all tinny and echoy very strange, i dont have a problem with sound going up/down though, ill email them and see what they say

Latest posts

Back