Could you help me please with customer services

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I live in the East Midlands and have Freeview. The promos used to be loud but now they sound like they are broadcasting from the QVC toilets. If it wasn't for this forum I would think there was a fault with my tv. I am going to email customer services about the sound. I dread ringing them because they always treat me like I am an idiot which makes me nervous and then I sound like an idiot.....

By the way I am new to the forum. So sorry in advance if I make any mistakes!

Welcome and dont worry. I've been here a while and still making mistakes!!

Thanks for the warm welcome Topaz. Wanted to thank Yazrose too but the thread closed before I got the chance. :40:

Hi Bobbie, I've emailed them. I said I know that other viewers have experienced sound problems and that I have to keep adjusting the sound when the live shows go over to pre-recorded adverts. I've asked them to check it out with the appropriate people. I'll let you know when I get a response.
Bless you Topaz you're a star

I live in the East Midlands and have Freeview. The promos used to be loud but now they sound like they are broadcasting from the QVC toilets. If it wasn't for this forum I would think there was a fault with my tv. I am going to email customer services about the sound. I dread ringing them because they always treat me like I am an idiot which makes me nervous and then I sound like an idiot.....

By the way I am new to the forum. So sorry in advance if I make any mistakes!

Hi Lily K, Welcome to the forum, thank you so much for emailing CS, I hate it too when they treat you like an idiot, and don't worry you don't seem to have made any mistakes and it doesn't matter if you do most people on the forum are lovely.

i watch on freeview in dorset and i can still hear the dodgy souns, its not the actual program its the adverts it sounds all tinny and echoy very strange, i dont have a problem with sound going up/down though, ill email them and see what they say

Thank you so much Emma.

Bobbie x

Thanks for the warm welcome babytoes. I will let you know if I receive a response to my email.

During today the advert volume appeared the same level then tonight during the B&W hour the adverts volume was increased but not uncomfortably.

Just got a reply, will let you know if I hear anymore

"Thank you for highlighting this to us, I have forwarded it to the relevant
department."

I do know that on the usual channels BBC,ITV,Living and Sky the volume has always gone up when the ad breaks come on. I swear its to wake you up to buy stuff they are advertising.:54:

It seems by way its a Freeview thing in East Anglia, could it be the way the signal comes through to you?

I am on Virgin and no problems.

I think you might have a point there.

I telephoned QVC 6-8 months ago to complain about the sudden boom in sound during 'ad' breaks and they politely told me I was imagining it - told them this was one customer they might lose as I needed my hearing but they probably knew I'de be back.

I telephoned QVC 6-8 months ago to complain about the sudden boom in sound during 'ad' breaks and they politely told me I was imagining it - told them this was one customer they might lose as I needed my hearing but they probably knew I'de be back.

Hi Sioux it's their arrogance that annoys me just as much as the blinking noisy adverts. Why would anyone ring up if it wasn't true and annoying the hell out of them. Last night it was worse than ever during the B&W show, my husband turned over to I.W. It never happens on other channels.

i was watching yesterday with my hubby and he commented on it, it was during the she show some of the ads/promons were ok but the lulu one souned funni as did a gardening hour promo , cant believe they havent replyed to people how arrogent

I've noticed quite a few sound problems lately, apart from the increase when the recorded ads come on. A few times they've had to go to camera close ups and music while they sort it out. The first time I thought it was just the presenter's mike that was faulty but if that's the case they must have a job lot of them.

I've noticed a change in the sound quality of the promos recently - it's not louder but seems to be more amplified and echoed.

I changed the sound settings on my TV from Theatre to Personal and it seems to have done the trick.

Hope this is of help to you :)

Thanks Overtherainbow I'll try thatas it doesn't look as if any of us are going to get any joy out of QVC.

Latest posts

Back